This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

I'm a firm believer that it's the players decision to put his body on the line and his alone, but the league needs to step up and take care of these guys after their careers are over. When they're playing in the league they have access to some of the best doctors in the world. It should be the same way as they retire and get older, because thats when they really need it.
    It is definitely their decision, and I'm not going to cry for them. I've mentioned before, that I work an extremely dangerous job for menial pay. But I assume these brain injuries are irreversible. Medical care after they retire doesn't do much for the trauma we're talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I've mentioned before, that I work an extremely dangerous job for menial pay.

Male stripper??

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
      "No...I didn't."
      "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

It is definitely their decision, and I'm not going to cry for them. I've mentioned before, that I work an extremely dangerous job for menial pay. But I assume these brain injuries are irreversible. Medical care after they retire doesn't do much for the trauma we're talking about.
        Well the league can pay for home aides to help assist former players with brain injuries, medication. Things of that nature.

Comment

Working...
        X