This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Try to put your football fandom aside for a sec and answer this silly question:

Who is more of a household name: Rhonda Rousey, or Rob Gronkowski?
    Who's Rhonda Rousey?

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

And you are the reason why most good bands these days don't make it and the only ones being featured are those that appeal to the masses and why appearance and not music is the primary determinant of financial success in music. Once again dezzz, you are making yourself part of the problem in society today. Somebody uses their, skill, talent and hard work to create this music and somehow you feel justified in stealing it. I really cannot comprehend the mindset that gets somebody to that point of entitlement.
      Ohhhh noos, Lars from metallica can't get a brand new g6. He'll have to settle for his G5. If thats the case we might as well band youtube.

You really can't comprehend why people choose not paying for something they can get for free?

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

I'm gonna steal your post. a-HA!!
        Ohhhh please, your're the biggest pirate here.

Butt pirate.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post

Ohhhh please, your're the biggest pirate here.

Butt pirate.
          ...good one....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Most musicians do not make a lot of money.

This has always been the case. For every hundred "professional musicians" there might be 2 or 3 that actually make $100,000 a year. The rest are making well below that.
            In the 1980's you could live pretty comfortably like that. The irony is that the pay for these folks has not changed since. That's right: what a musician made for doing a gig in 1988 is exactly the same in 2018.
            Now, if we are talking about "pop stars" i.e. Taylor Swift, Pink, Bruno Mars, etc. they are making millions, and are doing so because they are putting out a product that they know will be consumed by the masses. Whether it's "good" or not is irrelevant....they are literally "in it for the money" and I don't begrudge them that. They are a different animal altogether.

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

And you are the reason why most good bands these days don't make it and the only ones being featured are those that appeal to the masses and why appearance and not music is the primary determinant of financial success in music. Once again dezzz, you are making yourself part of the problem in society today. Somebody uses their, skill, talent and hard work to create this music and somehow you feel justified in stealing it. I really cannot comprehend the mindset that gets somebody to that point of entitlement.
              Music sure became lousy once they stopped letting ugly people make music.

Comment

Working...
              X