This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
    Every year at the office we do a big thanksgiving dinner type food day. People bring in stuff they cooked up, and EVERY YEAR our brass(VPs and such) volunteer to bring in the big stuff like the turkey, ham, that kinda thing....

Well....EVERY YEAR, they never show up...or they show up at like 3 o clock when everything is winding down lol
    Every year for Christmas Eve my family gets together around 4....every year a cousin is supposed to bring apps.....every year they don't show until 6 at least....by then everyone's hammered and already eating the main courses.....
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Every year for Christmas Eve my family gets together around 4....every year a cousin is supposed to bring apps.....every year they don't show until 6 at least....by then everyone's hammered and already eating the main courses.....
      haha. sounds like my family. Well....my dad's side of the family, where everyone drinks just to tolerate each other.

"JP is your dad showing up or what..."
      "I don't know. You know we don't talk to each other"
      "Well That's GREAT JP!! All this food will go to waste!"
      "I don't care....he's your brother" *chugs beer*
      "UuuGGggghhhHHh!!!!" *chugs wine*
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year?

I'm doing the same as every year, Beth is off to her family. I go help chef with Thanksgiving dinner he makes for all the employees and former employees of his restaurant that are away from family or alone for the holiday. The crowd varies in size each year, most of us help in the kitchen, its an all day thing and lots of fun usually.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post
          What is everyone doing for Thanksgiving this year?

I'm doing the same as every year, Beth is off to her family. I go help chef with Thanksgiving dinner he makes for all the employees and former employees of his restaurant that are away from family or alone for the holiday. The crowd varies in size each year, most of us help in the kitchen, its an all day thing and lots of fun usually.
          I usually work a double shift on Thursdays, including Thanksgiving each year. I'm scheduled for just one shift this year, and have been asking the new guy about him taking that. No answer yet - you'd think a new guy would jump in to help and earn extra pay. Wife and mother in law have reservations at Houlihans, which is close enough to sneak out to if it comes to that.

Comment

Small this year. Just my parents and one of my brothers.
            Prob find something to do later in the night.
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• I've got big family Thanksgiving feast.....I'll be drunk by 5:00, then load up a few platefuls.....probably pass out in bed by 8:30 so I don't have to watch the Giants make me wanna vomit.
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Second year of celebrating it with my family in Marlton, NJ.

So to answer your question: driving. Driving is what Im doing for Thanksgiving.

Comment

• From Long Island?

Marlton is close to Philly no?

Damn.....that's a few hours each way.....
                  "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                    From Long Island?

Marlton is close to Philly no?

Damn.....that's a few hours each way.....
                    Yes. Yes, it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X