X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Gunnison!
    I think we saw a rodeo, and had a chuck wagon style dinner there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

I think Colorado is the most beautiful state. My sister lives there, and used to be a travel agent. If you want any advice on places to go, feel free to let me know.
      Well if you count all 50 states then Alaska and Hawaii are at the top of the list. As for the 48 mainland states, Wyoming may be #1 on my list.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Well if you count all 50 states then Alaska and Hawaii are at the top of the list. As for the 48 mainland states, Wyoming may be #1 on my list.
        Oh yeah, we discussed this before. I've been to quite a few states, but not every one of them. Alaska does look intriguing, it's the only cruise destination I would consider. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, and was pissed to blow my life savings on it. Got so sunburned on day one, I didn't want to go anywhere, or have my picture taken.
        Pretty sure we hit Wyoming once or twice, but that was during 500 mile a day excersions where you don't get to settle in and actually take the time to enjoy anything.

Comment

What did you cook this weekend JR?
          You mentioned pork chops the other day. I saw these Kentucky Legend smoked pork chops, and gave them a try. Cooked them up with pierogies and lots of fried onions, applesauce and sour cream. Very awesome.
          On Sunday nights we often make pizza muffins - kinda family tradition. Meatballs and peppers on mine. Leftovers in the toaster oven, right now.

Comment

You mentioned pork chops the other day. I saw these Kentucky Legend smoked pork chops, and gave them a try. Cooked them up with pierogies and lots of fried onions, applesauce and sour cream. Very awesome.
            Sounds delicious; that is a traditional Polish meal, right?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Oh yeah, we discussed this before. I've been to quite a few states, but not every one of them. Alaska does look intriguing, it's the only cruise destination I would consider. We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, and was pissed to blow my life savings on it. Got so sunburned on day one, I didn't want to go anywhere, or have my picture taken.
              Pretty sure we hit Wyoming once or twice, but that was during 500 mile a day excersions where you don't get to settle in and actually take the time to enjoy anything.
              A drive on H2 in Oahu is incredible. Western Wyoming can't be described. But Alaska is more spectacular than them all.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Sounds delicious; that is a traditional Polish meal, right?
                Yep. Pierogies are Polish dumplings. They can have potatoes, cheese, onions, mushrooms, cabbage, or combinations of these in them. Mrs. T's brand come frozen, and are quite passable. You just have to boil them a short while, before frying in butter and onions. Fried onions are the ****, they go with everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

A drive on H2 in Oahu is incredible. Western Wyoming can't be described. But Alaska is more spectacular than them all.
                  We only stayed on Maui, I don't go for running all over and not relaxing. There was a winding road there that was scenic and hairy to drive, I think it was called Lahaina Highway? Then we took a hairy helicopter ride - the pilot told us it was contour diving, or something like that. He even played that Apocolypse Now theme song, because it was just like when he flew in Nam. Couldn't wait to get off that ride. Never again.

Comment

• LOL
                    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                    "No...I didn't."
                    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Btw....its called "Ride of the Valkeries" by classical composer Richard Wagner (pronounced Vaug-ner)....
                      "No...I didn't."

Comment

I think we saw a rodeo, and had a chuck wagon style dinner there.
                        I'll type out my Gunnison story tomorrow
                        "No...I didn't."

Comment

Btw....its called "Ride of the Valkeries" by classical composer Richard Wagner (pronounced Vaug-ner)....
                          I like having a music teacher here, not enough people talk about various music these days.

But for me, that experience was the "Ride of the Vomitries".

Comment

Working...
                          X