Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 4 years ago I had to have heart surgery; it's called an ablation and I think Zim had it done also. Anyways they got me on the table, naked, strapped down, and I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to knock me out.
    The surgeon comes in and I swear to God, he's wearing a Patriots surgical cap.

I didn't know if I was coming back on the other side of this thing, so I figured I'd go out just the way I'd like:
    I looked him square in the eye and said "Is this a bad time to tell you I'm a Giants fan?"

He and everyone in the room just laughed. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed recovering.

EAGLES LOSE.
    "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
    "No...I didn't."
    "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
      About 4 years ago I had to have heart surgery; it's called an ablation and I think Zim had it done also. Anyways they got me on the table, naked, strapped down, and I'm waiting for the anesthesiologist to knock me out.
      The surgeon comes in and I swear to God, he's wearing a Patriots surgical cap.

I didn't know if I was coming back on the other side of this thing, so I figured I'd go out just the way I'd like:
      I looked him square in the eye and said "Is this a bad time to tell you I'm a Giants fan?"

He and everyone in the room just laughed. The next thing I knew I was in a hospital bed recovering.

EAGLES LOSE.
      So in a way....it's almost like the Patriots preserved your life, and you just owe them this one lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

So in a way....it's almost like the Patriots preserved your life, and you just owe them this one lol
        Sure, why not?

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

Sure, why not?
          I admit, that was a bit dramatic of me to say.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• To be fair, I think Russell Wilson repaid them for me already......
            "No...I didn't."

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              You guys crack me up.....
              Live a week in my shoes among spoiled, chirping, front running Pats fans and your view would change.
              Sooo what???...all you have to do is say "but"..and put up two fingers. They can't say **** to you.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sd6P2Tu8rw
                I can see MH dancing around his house....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sd6P2Tu8rw
                  I can see MH dancing around his house....
                  I don't like the Eagles...but the Pats have to lose.....and by a lot.
                  It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

• NO.
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

Don't ever let him think that his typically incorrect opinions actually matter.

Rooting for a division rival is ****ing traitorous, and is punishable by death.

Ask him about the time he decided he was a Red Sox fan after being a Yankees fan. Then try to to respect his opinion in regards to fandom
                      I honestly can't blame anyone who chooses not to be a Yankee fan, they are really not a fun team to root for.

Comment

You guys crack me up.....
                        Live a week in my shoes among spoiled, chirping, front running Pats fans and your view would change.
                        I have, and Eagles fans are considerably worse. It isn't even close actually. If you lived around Eagles fans the way I do, you almost become an Anti-Eagles fan more than a Giants fan. Anything bad that happens to the Eagles fans as it relates to football, can only be a net gain to the world. I don't just want the Eagles to lose to the Patriots, I want them to lose in such a soul crushing way that the fans contemplate giving up football entirely. I want to see the fans in tears, huddled masses of humanity that can't even move about from the weight of their soul crushing defeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I have, and Eagles fans are considerably worse. It isn't even close actually. If you lived around Eagles fans the way I do, you almost become an Anti-Eagles fan more than a Giants fan. Anything bad that happens to the Eagles fans as it relates to football, can only be a net gain to the world. I don't just want the Eagles to lose to the Patriots, I want them to lose in such a soul crushing way that the fans contemplate giving up football entirely. I want to see the fans in tears, huddled masses of humanity that can't even move about from the weight of their soul crushing defeat.
                          Yes but I don't have to live with Eagles fans. If you want to shut up Eagles fans and root for the Pats, that's fine with me.
                          It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

You lead your life and I'll lead mine....OK?
                            Lol, as if that ever played on these boards. Whoís this new guy?

Comment

This is my feeling entirely. Why would I hate the Patriots? They aren't even in my conference, let alone my division...and we've beat them for our last 2 super bowl victories. As far as I'm concerned, I have happy thoughts when I think of the Pats haha.
                              There's no NY/Bos carryover hate for the first reason that they aren't a rival in football, and I'm not a Jets fan, nor do I care about the Jets rivals....
                              As a Mets fan, this is exactly how I feel about the Red Sox.

I understand where Moreheeadís coming from, itís a proximity thing. Most of us live closer to Eagles fans so we hate them more. But I feel compelled to take an outrageously opposite view form him and call him a traitor and a bad American because Iím easily led and have no mind of my own.

Eff Morehead! He a traitor!

Comment

• That felt good.

Comment

Working...
                                X