This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DRAFT DAY PARTY @ JAY DEE's IN CARLSTAT NJ on ROUTE 17

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"]Morning.

SMS if you don't want us to trade for BE who do you want us to trade for? Boldin? OC?
    [/quote]

Neither, trading is just a panic, knee jerk reaction to a problem. This regime is level headed and thank god not like our crazy fan base..

Remember when we cut Luke P. and moved David D over to LT? People flipped the hell out, and thought Reese was nuts! People wanted to trade for a LT and Kiper was saying draft Staley. We didn't

People wanted us to pay Strahan his money, Reese stared him down to told him to screw himself!

Now our fan base and media has a knee jerk reaction and all of a sudden covet Edwards. I hope Reese stays pat, and builds through the draft. I am sure Couglin and Gilbride will change some of the playbook and tweak it to fit our talent. We did that past couple years so I expect it again, but in our passing game this time.

[/quote]

i do't think its a knee jerk reaction. We're stable or beyond at EVERY other position. We lost two of Eli's top targets... we need some serious immediate help and there is a young stud who could step in and be a great addition for us.

I don't think its as much of a losing plax panic as ur making it out to be[/quote]

Of course it is..

WE NEED A WR..
    WE can't win without one.
    Our superbowl hopes are dashed without a deep threat!
    Trade for BE, or Boldin or CJ!

That's pretty much the definition of a knee jerk reaction to losing Plax. We will be fine, the coaching staff will adjust just like they did when Shockey got traded. Notice Boss sucked at run blocking in the playoffs. So what did we do? We changed our running concepts. Now 2 WRs are gone, so I have faith, once again, we will adjust, but now in the passing game.

Coughlin preaches balance, so it would make sense he and Gilbride go back and change some of the progressions and make it less focused on the X wr, specifically tailored for Plax's skill set.People discount the fact that the offensive staff will make adjustments, and not sit there with the same plays for Plax but for another # 1.

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"]Morning Erbody.......1 more frikkin day!!!!!!

LOL, I woke up this morn 2 my boy 'the Giants Device' Owner leavin me a voice mail all hyped up he got off, and cant wait til 2moro

Deezamn this is gonna be IN f'n SANE!!!!
      [/quote]

Kase! How about those damn Browns fans on NFL draft countdown?? I was honestly getting annoyed at some of their posts.
      [/quote]

Dude they drive me N-V-T-S!!!!!

Its like a good amount of em think that Kiwi AND a 1st ISNT good enough, and the rest of em think its just enough, yet every other impartial fan thinks a 1 and 5 or even 2 and 4 is more than enough

Great seein ya over on draftcountdown.com thats pretty much the only football MBs I can get on @ work
      [/quote]

There are some dumb people there.. And since I don't have to worry about being a mod, or diplomatic I can release my anger, on those some of them! lol. I have to control myself here, but there some of those guys actually think they have leverage. We can walk away from the table and be fine, meanwhile they still have a 4-12 team with lots of holes.

I am on a bunch of boards, because this board is too slow at times. So BBI, and draft countdown offer a change of pace and a break from here.

You're coming tomorrow right bro?
      [/quote]
      Word I tried 2 get on BBI MBs, but for some reason my account wont get activated, and it sucks cause my jobs web blocker hasnt blocked BBI yet..... Im also on the Yankees and Iamaranger.com MBs (with the same handle) cuz theyre unblocked, but draftcountdown is a pretty sweet MB

Of coure Im comin 2moro, me and my buddy (The Giants Device Owner) are takin the train from LI..... No DWI's for us!!!!!

Yea and I still cant believe some of the tards over on draftcountdown thinkin that the Browns have the upper hand of the deal, like you said we walk and we're OK, they walk and they're screweddddd
      [/quote]

Try BBI again or email Info@Bigblueinteractive.com and email Eric directly. That site is the best Giants MB around. Top notch.

Yeah DWI is something I worry about driving an hour and change to get to the bar. So I am def. coming but def. not drink alot, because last thing I need is to get in trouble with the job I am trying to get. Plus I may head over to the Rutgers area if my cousin is free.

It's going to be a fun time tomorrow.
      [/quote]

Good looks, Im gonna email BBI 2day and see if I can get a new activation code

Damn I wanna go back 2 sleep and wake up 2moro. LOL
      [/quote]

I am going to leave cookies out just in case the football gods like that. I expect some good gifts tomorrow!

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"]Morning.

SMS if you don't want us to trade for BE who do you want us to trade for? Boldin? OC?
        [/quote]

Neither, trading is just a panic, knee jerk reaction to a problem. This regime is level headed and thank god not like our crazy fan base..

Remember when we cut Luke P. and moved David D over to LT? People flipped the hell out, and thought Reese was nuts! People wanted to trade for a LT and Kiper was saying draft Staley. We didn't

People wanted us to pay Strahan his money, Reese stared him down to told him to screw himself!

Now our fan base and media has a knee jerk reaction and all of a sudden covet Edwards. I hope Reese stays pat, and builds through the draft. I am sure Couglin and Gilbride will change some of the playbook and tweak it to fit our talent. We did that past couple years so I expect it again, but in our passing game this time.

[/quote]

i do't think its a knee jerk reaction. We're stable or beyond at EVERY other position. We lost two of Eli's top targets... we need some serious immediate help and there is a young stud who could step in and be a great addition for us.

I don't think its as much of a losing plax panic as ur making it out to be[/quote]

Of course it is..

WE NEED A WR..

That's pretty much the definition of a knee jerk reaction to losing Plax. We will be fine, the coaching staff will adjust just like they did when Shockey got traded. Notice Boss sucked at run blocking in the playoffs. So what did we do? We changed our running concepts. Now 2 WRs are gone, so I have faith, once again, we will adjust, but now in the passing game.

Coughlin preaches balance, so it would make sense he and Gilbride go back and change some of the progressions and make it less focused on the X wr, specifically tailored for Plax's skill set.People discount the fact that the offensive staff will make adjustments, and not sit there with the same plays for Plax but for another # 1.

[/quote]

well there are always people over dramatic.

But we definitly are not an over the top team with our passing game in shambles, which is where it is at right now. We do need a WR. Eli has even come out and said it, so there has to be some truth to it.

You have faith in Gilbride adjusting? I guess your just an optimist lol.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]

[/quote]

I disagree, not because "I'm in a panic" but because we already saw what our offense was like without Plax with Hixon filling it, we went what 1-4 without plax after he shot himself with our offense sputtering.

its not like Strahan or Luke P....we as fans had never seen the team without those players... we HAVE seen our team without Plax...and it wasn't pretty.

I don't believe we make the playoffs without a #1 WR this year... and sorry, but I'm not happy with Hixon as a number one, and while "MAYBE" we can pull off some magic in the draft and get a #1 WR that can contribute this year... that is HIGHLY unlikely....and it seems risky when we have a sure thing sitting right infront of our faces for pretty much the same thing....a 1st round pick.

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"]Morning Erbody.......1 more frikkin day!!!!!!

LOL, I woke up this morn 2 my boy 'the Giants Device' Owner leavin me a voice mail all hyped up he got off, and cant wait til 2moro

[/quote]

Kase! How about those damn Browns fans on NFL draft countdown?? I was honestly getting annoyed at some of their posts.
            [/quote]

Its like a good amount of em think that Kiwi AND a 1st ISNT good enough, and the rest of em think its just enough, yet every other impartial fan thinks a 1 and 5 or even 2 and 4 is more than enough

Great seein ya over on draftcountdown.com thats pretty much the only football MBs I can get on @ work
            [/quote]

There are some dumb people there.. And since I don't have to worry about being a mod, or diplomatic I can release my anger, on those some of them! lol. I have to control myself here, but there some of those guys actually think they have leverage. We can walk away from the table and be fine, meanwhile they still have a 4-12 team with lots of holes.

I am on a bunch of boards, because this board is too slow at times. So BBI, and draft countdown offer a change of pace and a break from here.

[/quote]
            Word I tried 2 get on BBI MBs, but for some reason my account wont get activated, and it sucks cause my jobs web blocker hasnt blocked BBI yet..... Im also on the Yankees and Iamaranger.com MBs (with the same handle) cuz theyre unblocked, but draftcountdown is a pretty sweet MB

Of coure Im comin 2moro, me and my buddy (The Giants Device Owner) are takin the train from LI..... No DWI's for us!!!!!

Yea and I still cant believe some of the tards over on draftcountdown thinkin that the Browns have the upper hand of the deal, like you said we walk and we're OK, they walk and they're screweddddd
            [/quote]

Try BBI again or email Info@Bigblueinteractive.com and email Eric directly. That site is the best Giants MB around. Top notch.

Yeah DWI is something I worry about driving an hour and change to get to the bar. So I am def. coming but def. not drink alot, because last thing I need is to get in trouble with the job I am trying to get. Plus I may head over to the Rutgers area if my cousin is free.

[/quote]

Good looks, Im gonna email BBI 2day and see if I can get a new activation code

Damn I wanna go back 2 sleep and wake up 2moro. LOL
            [/quote]

I am going to leave cookies out just in case the football gods like that. I expect some good gifts tomorrow!
            [/quote]

I think the football Gods would appreciate a burger and a beer, LOL
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="Kase-1"]Morning Erbody.......1 more frikkin day!!!!!!

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

i just hate the BBI boards itself.. i canb't get into it because of how they look[/quote]

I felt the same way.. It grows on you though.. NO worry about avatars or sigs, or any other thing. It's simple to load with no lag because of it. The quality of posters there though is the main appeal. It's almost as if everyone moderates themselves!

Comment

Hey all. What I miss?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"]Morning.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is..

WE NEED A WR..

[/quote]

But we definitly are not an over the top team with our passing game in shambles, which is where it is at right now. We do need a WR. Eli has even come out and said it, so there has to be some truth to it.

You have faith in Gilbride adjusting? I guess your just an optimist lol.[/quote]

Well Eli's going to come out and say it, especially if beat guys ask. They asked Tuck, and Smith, and Hixon as well. They asked the Rbs what if we draft an RB. They need stories, and quotes, so I understand their trying to see if a juicy quote or sound bites pops out.

Gilbride and TC adjusted when Shockey got traded? How did that work out? Didn't we lead the league in rushing? That's MR. Gilbride and Mr. Coughlin for you. Of course all the fans concentrate on is the passing game, but the running game is part of the offense too. So it would be inaccurate to assume we can't adjust the passing game too.

Nah, not an optimistic or pess. I am a realistic, perhaps on the optimistic side of the spectrum, but I go by past examples. They adjusted once, and it worked, so why say they won't do it again? That to me names no sense.

Comment

Gilbride and TC adjusted when Shockey got traded? How did that work out? Didn't we lead the league in rushing?
                    [/quote]

Again I disagree, there was a distinct lack of production from our TE position all year last year in both the receiving game AND then running game, we did work around it, which is fine, but there are only so many positions you can "work around" before the team...overall...suffers.

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"]Morning.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is..

WE NEED A WR..

[/quote]

You have faith in Gilbride adjusting? I guess your just an optimist lol.[/quote]

Well Eli's going to come out and say it, especially if beat guys ask. They asked Tuck, and Smith, and Hixon as well. They asked the Rbs what if we draft an RB. They need stories, and quotes, so I understand their trying to see if a juicy quote or sound bites pops out.

Gilbride and TC adjusted when Shockey got traded? How did that work out? Didn't we lead the league in rushing? That's MR. Gilbride and Mr. Coughlin for you. Of course all the fans concentrate on is the passing game, but the running game is part of the offense too. So it would be inaccurate to assume we can't adjust the passing game too.

Nah, not an optimistic or pess. I am a realistic, perhaps on the optimistic side of the spectrum, but I go by past examples. They adjusted once, and it worked, so why say they won't do it again? That to me names no sense.
                      [/quote]

i think it was very uncharacteristic of eli to say it. It wasn't done by beat writers it was on ESPN too.

Na I don't think they did, i think they stopped trying to adjust. We were forcing plays in for Shockey. Personally I think your giving the play calling too much credit. The personal we have was a major contributor to our success. We were just running hte ball in the first half and usually up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]
                        Gilbride and TC adjusted when Shockey got traded? How did that work out? Didn't we lead the league in rushing?
                        [/quote]

Again I disagree, there was a distinct lack of production from our TE position all year last year in both the receiving game AND then running game, we did work around it, which is fine, but there are only so many positions you can "work around" before the team...overall...suffers.
                        [/quote]

Well the lack of production wouldn't be accurate. We can't measure successful blocks and Boss's role in the offense run blocking. If he doesn't get better that running concept, Power G, doesn't work, and our offense totally looks like junk.

Plus mid season Burress shot himself, so you can't and don't have time to adjust. Like I said now that coaches are in offseason, you have time to address all this.

Comment

[quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]
                          [/quote]

[/quote]

Well the lack of production wouldn't be accurate. We can't measure successful blocks and Boss's role in the offense run blocking. If he doesn't get better that running concept, Power G, doesn't work, and our offense totally looks like junk.

Plus mid season Burress shot himself, so you can't and don't have time to adjust. Like I said now that coaches are in offseason, you have time to address all this.
                          [/quote]

Good point. The timing of the Burress incident was awful. There was one month left in the season and our whole team went out of focus.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"]Morning.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course it is..

WE NEED A WR..

[/quote]

[/quote]

i think it was very uncharacteristic of eli to say it. It wasn't done by beat writers it was on ESPN too.

Na I don't think they did, i think they stopped trying to adjust. We were forcing plays in for Shockey. Personally I think your giving the play calling too much credit. The personal we have was a major contributor to our success. We were just running hte ball in the first half and usually up 14-0 at the end of the first quarter.[/quote]

No coach in the NFL stops trying to adjust. When you're in mid season you have no time to sit and re-do progressions and plays. You have to basically plug and chug, and hope that it works until you get time. Mind you we had a week 4 BYE week, so we couldn't have a change to sit and even try. The BYE week for the first round isn't enough either. It takes time to re-work stuff, install it, and rep the hell out of it. You can't do that, address issues surrounding the team, and then worry about scouting, and self scouting as well.

No, the play calling was fine, not perfect and it did have it's moments, but my point is the how the staff adjusted from one off season to another. That's my point, and how if they did that, they would most likely do it again in the passing game.

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Shockey+Manning=Shocking"]
                              [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point. The timing of the Burress incident was awful. There was one month left in the season and our whole team went out of focus.
                              [/quote]

Anyone who has coached in college or in the pros knows it's insane when the season comes along..

It's scout, gameplan install, practice, practice, practice, practice/travel day, walk through GAME, and rinse and repeat.

The season at that level is a blur. I can only imagine the hectic nature in the NFL. And to tell you the truth I will probably get to see it after the draft. There is no way to adjust everything and rep it in season. It's like trying to take the offense, back to formula, when you have games still coming up.

Comment

[/quote]

it can't be measured but it can be watched, Boss was not blocking as well as I remember Shockey blocking, and he clearly was not the receiving threat Shockey was.

he was healthy though, I'll give him that.

regardless this is not a shockey vs boss discussion we've clearly run that topic into the ground...I just feel using Boss as an example for how well we can adjust to younger players in key areas is a bad example, I wasn't particularly happy with his performance last year and believe it was the rest of the team that picked up his slack...which is ok if its one position, but then add in the fact that we are missing a capable #1 WR...and things start falling apart there is only so much slack Steve Smith and Jacobs/Bradshaw the defense and Eli can pull.

Comment

Working...
                                X