X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

and again saying somebody played a great game but needs to improve on something is not an attack, not throwing udner the bus, and not calling out...[/quote]

Subjective...I think telling the Media that your QB needs to improve IS an attack, even if you back it up with "I think he played great" later.
    [/quote]

saying he needs to do something better is not an attack....
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

"Thrown under the bus" can mean a million things to a million people.* To me it means blaming someone else or others while claiming no blame for yourself.</p>

By that definition, he threw Trent under the bus.</p>[/quote]
      <span style="font-weight: bold;">"Trent has to better assess what he's seeing out there and take some shots down the field."</span>

Still not seeing how that is throwing him under the bus even in your definition.
      [/quote]

im lovin u today lando

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

By that definition, he threw Trent under the bus.</p>[/quote]

I'm really liking you today Morehead....can we keep this going.
        [/quote]

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

I hear ya' Daven......Its OK.[/quote]</P>

I &lt;3 you Morehead and I'm glad to see you agree with my opinion that TO was out of line with his comments to the media.
          </P>

[/quote] lol i never said he wasn't out of line for talking to the media for it.. infact that has nothing to do with the fact that after this game he put it on the gameplan/play calling, he specifically avoided a question about Edwards, and the fact taht the comment u pulled is NOT throwing him under the bus. Its funny you've forgotten what ur original point was[/quote]</P>

What was your original point. I'm dying to disagree with Daven.</P>

[/quote] davens now trying to mix his argument, like he always does. First off I was referring to this past game where TO didn't have a catch. I said he didn't throw Edwards under the bus and blamed it on the play calling. Daven keeps trying to pretend the ESPN article doesn't exist but it does. Poor Daven... Daven then puled a qoute from a couple of weeks ago, ya know the one where TO said Edwards played a great game but needs to assess matchups downfield a little better... tried saying that was "THROWING EDWARDS UNDER THE BUS". My argument is thats not throwing someone under the bus and that if ANY other WR made this comment, there would be zero uproar about it. Now hes trying to twist his own argument around and say he was just out of line and that it was a negative comment... which it really wasn't.[/quote]</P>

There are no words to measure my dissappointment that I am forced to agree with Scrappy here.</P>

My impression of T.O.'s constant "we just ran the plays that were called" was that he was clearly trying to absolve himself of any responibility and that others were to blame. It was coy, but it was the impression that I got. It was also clearly dishonest. I don't know if he was deflecting the blame towards the coaching staff or the QB, but he was clearly trying to blame someone else.</P>

Again, he can say that stuff to his teammates or coaches, but that "act" (and thats all it is) is getting very old in the media.</P>

thats my opinion based on my impressions at the time. But I'll say it again. the biggest impression I got was about that great hat.</P>
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Nevermind morehead said what I was gonna say.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

"Thrown under the bus" can mean a million things to a million people. To me it means blaming someone else or others while claiming no blame for yourself.</P>

By that definition, he threw Trent under the bus.</P>

[/quote]
              <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">"Trent has to better assess what he's seeing out there and take some shots down the field."</SPAN>

Still not seeing how that is throwing him under the bus even in your definition.
              [/quote] im lovin u today lando[/quote]</P>

you love lando everyday LOL</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

I &lt;3 you Morehead and I'm glad to see you agree with my opinion that TO was out of line with his comments to the media.
                </P>

[/quote]
                Out of line yes....

Under the bus figuratively or subjectively no...
                [/quote] exactly[/quote]</P>

"Thrown under the bus" can mean a million things to a million people. To me it means blaming someone else or others while claiming no blame for yourself.</P>

[/quote] well i think thats subjective because in the same sentence he said Edwards played a great game...[/quote]</P>

Yeah but that T.O.'s way. Its his way of trying to give the impression that he's a team guy, while still blaming someone else. Those backhanded compliments are still delivered with the back ofhis hand.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

I <3 you Morehead and I'm glad to see you agree with my opinion that TO was out of line with his comments to the media.
                  </P>

[/quote] lol i never said he wasn't out of line for talking to the media for it.. infact that has nothing to do with the fact that after this game he put it on the gameplan/play calling, he specifically avoided a question about Edwards, and the fact taht the comment u pulled is NOT throwing him under the bus. Its funny you've forgotten what ur original point was[/quote]</P>

What was your original point.* I'm dying to disagree with Daven.</P>

[/quote] davens now trying to mix his argument, like he always does. First off I was referring to this past game where TO didn't have a catch. I said he didn't throw Edwards under the bus and blamed it on the play calling. Daven keeps trying to pretend the ESPN article doesn't exist but it does. Poor Daven... Daven then puled a qoute from a couple of weeks ago, ya know the one where TO said Edwards played a great game but needs to assess matchups downfield a little better... tried saying that was "THROWING EDWARDS UNDER THE BUS". My argument is thats not throwing someone under the bus and that if ANY other WR made this comment, there would be zero uproar about it. Now hes trying to twist his own argument around and say he was just out of line and that it was a negative comment... which it really wasn't.[/quote]</P>

There are no words to measure my dissappointment that I am forced to agree with Scrappy here.</P>

My impression of T.O.'s constant "we just ran the plays that were called" was that he was clearly trying to absolve himself of any responibility and that others were to blame.** It was coy, but it was the impression that I got.* It was also clearly dishonest.* I don't know if he was deflecting the blame towards the coaching staff or the QB, but he was clearly trying to blame someone else.</P>

Again, he can say that stuff to his teammates or coaches, but that "act" (and thats all it is) is getting very old in the media.</P>

thats my opinion based on my impressions at the time.* But I'll say it again.* the biggest impression I got was about that great hat.</P>[/quote]

well thats YOUR interpretation of it, not mine.

If anything that seems like to me hes biting his tongue FROM throwing anybody under the bus and all of that. TO has come out and said that there needs to be more plays for him and Evans and if you watched any Buffalo games this year, you would agree.

How was it dishonest? Did they not run the plays that were called lol?

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]
                    <SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">"Trent has to better assess what he's seeing out there and take some shots down the field."</SPAN>

[/quote] im lovin u today lando[/quote]</P>

you love lando everyday LOL</P>

[/quote]</P>

this world of ours has three certainties:</P>

1. Death</P>

2. Taxes</P>

3. Everybody loves LandoLincoln.</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

</P>

What was your original point. I'm dying to disagree with Daven.</P>

My impression of T.O.'s constant "we just ran the plays that were called" was that he was clearly trying to absolve himself of any responibility and that others were to blame. It was coy, but it was the impression that I got. It was also clearly dishonest. I don't know if he was deflecting the blame towards the coaching staff or the QB, but he was clearly trying to blame someone else.</P>

thats my opinion based on my impressions at the time. But I'll say it again. the biggest impression I got was about that great hat.</P>

[/quote] well thats YOUR interpretation of it, not mine. If anything that seems like to me hes biting his tongue FROM throwing anybody under the bus and all of that. TO has come out and said that there needs to be more plays for him and Evans and if you watched any Buffalo games this year, you would agree. How was it dishonest? Did they not run the plays that were called lol?[/quote]</P>

As I said, its just my interpretation. But I find it nearly impossible to interpret it any other way, knowing his history.</P>

Do you actually think I enjoy agreeing with the Anti-Christ?</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
                        How was it dishonest? Did they not run the plays that were called lol?[/quote]

I'm not saying he's being dishonest Matt, I'm not even saying he's WRONG, I'm saying this is a team sport and he needs to accept responsibility for the TEAMS failure when being asked questions by the media instead of pushing it off on the OC or the QB.....EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

I <3 you Morehead and I'm glad to see you agree with my opinion that TO was out of line with his comments to the media.
                          </P>

[/quote]
                          Out of line yes....

"Thrown under the bus" can mean a million things to a million people.* To me it means blaming someone else or others while claiming no blame for yourself.</P>

[/quote] well i think thats subjective because in the same sentence he said Edwards played a great game...[/quote]</P>

Yeah but that T.O.'s way.* Its his way of trying to give the impression that he's a team guy, while still blaming someone else.* Those backhanded compliments are still delivered with the back of*his hand.</P>[/quote]

i dont think hes giving the impression that hes a team guy... i don't think thats his style at all to be honest...

i think what hes doing is not throwing people under the bus and making a scene even tho if there ever was a time in his career where it is probably justified, its now.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]Its actually a scream for help.

</P>

[/quote]
                            Out of line yes....

Yeah but that T.O.'s way. Its his way of trying to give the impression that he's a team guy, while still blaming someone else. Those backhanded compliments are still delivered with the back ofhis hand.</P>

[/quote] i dont think hes giving the impression that hes a team guy... i don't think thats his style at all to be honest... i think what hes doing is not throwing people under the bus and making a scene even tho if there ever was a time in his career where it is probably justified, its now.[/quote]</P>

He's just more coy about it. He's learned from past experience. But its just as crappy.</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

i dont think hes giving the impression that hes a team guy... i don't think thats his style at all to be honest...

i think what hes doing is not throwing people under the bus and making a scene even tho if there ever was a time in his career where it is probably justified, its now.[/quote]

That's because to you throwing someone under the bus means something different then it does to me, or morehead or dez, that's why I keep on mentioning that it's subjective....

to ME what TO did WAS throwing trent under the bus, therefore when you answered Dez's question with "na he didn't throw him under the bus" I said, wait a second, yes he did, and brought up that quote.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
                                How was it dishonest? Did they not run the plays that were called lol?[/quote]

I'm not saying he's being dishonest Matt, I'm not even saying he's WRONG, I'm saying this is a team sport and he needs to accept responsibility for the TEAMS failure when being asked questions by the media instead of pushing it off on the OC or the QB.....EVEN IF IT IS THEIR FAULT.

[/quote]

wow.. look what i found... the full qoute

"As I said earlier, there were some opportunities that <font size="6">we</font> missed, and those are some of the things you're talking about. It's always a work in progress, and<font size="6"> Trent has to better assess what he's seeing out there and take some shots down the field. We're going to do that, and by no means was that the reason that we lost the game. </font>There were some opportunities and until the last five minutes, <font size="6">we</font> had the game in the bag. ... Obviously <font size="6">we</font> didn't utilize myself and Lee as much as <font size="6">we</font> would like, but <font size="6">we</font> still had the game won."

"I felt for all the way into the fourth quarter, up until those five minutes, that <font size="6">we</font> had the game in our hands and we kind of let it slip away. But those are the type of things <font size="6">where it's a learning situation for us, and as a whole, guys will learn from that."</font>

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/797584.html'

game over --- Meyerbud stays undefeated

to say thats typical TO or him throwing anybody underneath the bus is ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X