X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

No....I'm that old.
    We might as well throw dirt on ya....you're as good as expired at this point
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

We might as well throw dirt on ya....you're as good as expired at this point
      You have no idea how true that is.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
        The posting quality of this thread has deteriorated significantly.

Keep up the good work.
        What else can you expect when we haven't had any one-word wisdom from Rudy in too long?
        Wherefore art thou, Rudy?

Comment

• Does anyone actually save their grocery receipts until that one item with the latest sell by date expires?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmie ray View Post

A good cheesesteak is supposedly made with sliced ribeye. I don't believe I've had it this way, and it seems like a waste of such a nice cut. There is a place nearby that advertises this - I might just have to try one, to see. I tried to break the Giants Eagles curse, by buying a so called Philly cheesesteak before one game (reverse psycology), and they still lost miserably.
            I will confess that I always keep Steak-ums in the freezer, and they do make for some passable meals with the right fixins. No Cheese Whiz has ever been kept here, though - only Vermont cheddar.
            A box of frozen, maybe even freezer burned Steak-Ums are obligatory for any bachelor, and for any married man who is on his own from time to time. Then you can choose between a can of Chef Boyardee or Steak-ums, lettuce and tomato on a roll, or bread if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              Does anyone actually save their grocery receipts until that one item with the latest sell by date expires?
              Say wha??
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Does anyone actually save their grocery receipts until that one item with the latest sell by date expires?
                You don't have to anymore. They have record of every purchase these days.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Theres a new Eli thread for you, MH.

Comment

• I bought some flour tortillas from Whole Foods and grew mold before the sell by date so I threw them away.

The next time I went to Whole Foods I told them but they wanted the receipt or the tortillas.

I told them I don't save food receipts and there is no way I'm going to hang on to a bag of moldy tortillas until the next time I go shopping for $3.99.

Maybe next time I'll just post a picture of them on their FB page.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Theres a new Eli thread for you, MH.
                      420's arguing he should have been 3 spots higher.

Comment

I bought some flour tortillas from Whole Foods and grew mold before the sell by date so I threw them away.

The next time I went to Whole Foods I told them but they wanted the receipt or the tortillas.

I told them I don't save food receipts and there is no way I'm going to hang on to a bag of moldy tortillas until the next time I go shopping for $3.99.

Well it's a different story with Whole Foods....half the time their crap is expired, and you need the receipt to get your money back.....one time I bought nice lamb shanks, brought them home, they smelled like a dead carcass....I took them back to the store, manager still wanted a receipt....are you ****ing kidding me??? Label said "whole Foods" right on it.....
                        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                        "No...I didn't."
                        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by zimonami View Post

A box of frozen, maybe even freezer burned Steak-Ums are obligatory for any bachelor, and for any married man who is on his own from time to time. Then you can choose between a can of Chef Boyardee or Steak-ums, lettuce and tomato on a roll, or bread if need be.
                          Sure, but I do all the cooking anyway. I'm not much into traditional breakfast meals, so instead I fry up the steak-ums with onions and peppers, dump in a jar of mushroom gravy, and eat on toast. After I make an omelette for my wife, of course.

Comment

I bought some flour tortillas from Whole Foods and grew mold before the sell by date so I threw them away.

I'd like to post a picture of that $27 London Broil they tried to trick me into buying, with a nice bird flash. Hope they go bankrupt.

Comment

I'd like to post a picture of that $27 London Broil they tried to trick me into buying, with a nice bird flash. Hope they go bankrupt.
                              my memory sucks, so can't remember if someone mentioned that Amazon bought Whole Foods. Changes will come, but no one knows what they'll be yet.

Comment

Sure, but I do all the cooking anyway. I'm not much into traditional breakfast meals, so instead I fry up the steak-ums with onions and peppers, dump in a jar of mushroom gravy, and eat on toast. After I make an omelette for my wife, of course.
                                Friggin guy eats steak umms with gravy on toast for breakfast and I'm the one with heart problems???
                                "No...I didn't."

Comment

Working...
                                X