This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="ibleedblue85"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

lot of anger and frustration i gotta work out.</p>

[/quote]
    I know another way you can get that out......
    [/quote]</p>

perv.....</p>[/quote]
    That is not what I meant. Get your mind out of the gutter and pass the butter.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"]By the way...MMB.

This guy..play awesome in the fourth last night, I was routing for Denver the whole time.
      [/quote]

i didn't see the game[/quote]

He was all over the place in the fourth then Nene fouled out like right after he came in and "Mr. Anderson" came back in after like a 2 min rest and was just tearing the place up....Defensively and rebounds and such you know...even drew a couple fouls I think.
      [/quote]
      8 points, 5 boards and 2 blocks. He did play real well. Got lucky on a couple shots to. Lakers are too much for Denver to handle though. We played the worst game last night and still won. 11 straight against Denver in the Playoffs.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][img]file:///F:/DOCUME%7E1/K1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/img]Cant wait for this concert at Jones Beach.......

Rock The Bells 2009: Damien Marley, Nas, Ice Cube, Roots, Common, Busta Rhymes, OutKast, House Of Pain, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, RZA, GZA, and Raekwon, Slaughterhouse (Joelle Ortiz, Juganot, Joe Budden), MOP, Necro, Slum Village, Evidence, Alchemist, KRS-ONE, and Pete Rock

http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/
        [/quote]

House of Pain?! shut up lol....

i was at the one last year with rage...

glad to see Nas is finally playing his home town now. He did the rock the bells every where else NY when i saw the show, i thought that was ****in gay...[/quote]
        LOL, I was at the Rage/Wu-Tang Rock The Bells too..... Did you go on Sat when it was BEAUTIFUL or Sunday in the rain, cuz me and half my boys lucked out on Sat, then the other half went on Sunday and got SOAKED

And YES, House Of Pain is playing their hometown for the 1st time in prolly 15yrs, LOL
        [/quote] bro DEF more than 15 years

lol i would go see them.. i duno a day of all rap... ehh

rap shows just are flat.

Yea i went the second night so it must of been Sunday.

man... honestly after seeing Korn last night, my love for Rage stretches...[/quote]
        LOL, you saw Korn, Papa Roach, and Buckcherry and you're saying that THIS show is too much!?!?!?!?

Dude you must REALLY hate rap, cause rite now that lineup is like the cream of the crop when it comes to non commercial hip hop
        [/quote]

two guys with a mic and record player isn't something that will get me out lol...

if they had some rock bands thrown in the mix.

If there was ever a all rap show i would go to, it would be this...

and i have to be honest.. .<u>i am curious about HOP lol

they are gonna get booed off prolly tho </u>
        lol[/quote]
        WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?

Theyre FROM NY, specifically Valley Stream (right down the block from the venue) and I have NO IDEA what made you say that baseless statement, but forreal MB what in this world makes you think that HOP is gonna be booed off??!?!?!?!

Im totally befuddled.......If anything HOP is gonna have the biggest ovation, IMO at least
        [/quote]

i dunno u think the crowd is gonna be there for them? Beyond Jump Around, i can't imagine HOPs crowd being that big

not all of us know about putting on our **** kickers[/quote]

LOL, it still amazes me that you know that song so well, LOL

I def think that they'll be behind HOP, cause IMO most people that go 2 these shows dont know EVERY group, but they go 2 find new ones as well as listen 2 their favs...... Im a lil different cause this bill is pretty much all of my fav Hip Hop acts and know about a bazillion songs from each artist

And how can ya not love weed smoking, whiskey drinking, mosh pitting, Irish Hip Hop Fornicators?!?!?!?
        Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea MMB correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say you're going 2 a Nickleback concert?!?!?!?!

PLEASE say it aint so..... I think the only group that sucks more than they do would be Creed, and PLEASE tell me theyre not opening for Nickleback, LOL...... I think you need to come 2 some QUALITY Hip Hop shows, not this radio BS
          [/quote]

<u>there is no such thing as a quality hip hop show</u> lol.

I've seen Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Redman, Joe Buddens

<u>Nickelback ain't bad</u>, actually really grimey lyrics. They talk about doin blow and gettin laid all the time... they are okay in my book lol[/quote]

LOL, thank you for totally discrediting yourself, LOL!!!!!

If you saw Cypress or PE live you would NEVER say that 'there's no such thing as a quality hip hop show'...... Ive been seeiing Cypress every Halloween in the city for the past 5yrs and every time theyre better than the last, and dont even get me started on The Roots, theyre BETTER live than on CD, and on CD theyre one of the finest musical ensambles out there

I get it, you're still grasping onto the last bit of 'Hard Rock' cuz the rock genre is oversaturated with Emo, Crap-Punk, Hardcore, and that progressive electronica rock they play all over 101.9....... But if you give hip hop a fair shot you'll be lovin it...... ESPECIALLY* Rock The Bells this yr
          [/quote]

well rap died in 04 imo, its all on the decline now and it will all come full circle. Rock will be back.

I saw them at Rock the Bells. It was cool but I dunno...

Cypress Hill kinda disappointed me with their setlist

I am not sure if I would consider the roots a TRUE rap performance. You ever see them on that new late night show? Its sick.

actually I think anytime there isn't a live band and u got a DJ spinnin and two guys on a mic... thats not a show. There is no feel to that.

As for me grasping to my hardrock, you may be right lol. Personally theres more bands in north jersey that bring 10 people that i'd rather go see and listen to than most of the **** out there period lol[/quote]

Well COMMERCIAL Rap died, HIP HOP is still alive but you need to search for it, its not gonna be out there in the open, LOL

If you didnt think The Roots set was anything other than outstanding, I dunno what I can tell you..... Maybe on the day they came out there was only 1 guy!?!?!?! LOL, Cuz on the 1st day of Rock The Bells, The Roots were possibly THE best group out there

Roots are TRUE HIP HOP....... PERIOD!!!!* If you think that Hip Hop is only with a guy on the mic and a guy on the tables then you need 2 take Hip Hop 101 taught by Professor Kase-1

And nah I havent seen them on any show, I gotta peep it tho

See just cause there's a DJ you already discredit it, thats going 2 the show almost hoping that it fails, or at least thats how I see it....... Whats to say that a DJ isnt as talented as some people at a rock show that may be on Guitar, Bass or Drums.* True some DJs are just plain and wack but some are MINDBLOWING cutting up songs left and right without the crowd knowing

And NO, being a DJ isnt just moving a record back and forth, if thats the case than a drummer is just a tard banging on hollow objects

I can see that you havent really tried Hip Hop cause If you saw Dead Prez (who is 2 guys and a DJ) or Tribe Called Quest then itd be a diff story..... HELL these guys dont even need a DJ they captivate the crowd simply with their presence
          [/quote]

no i discredit the shows with just a DJ because i've experienced them. And don't refer to the dudes on this bill as underground, they might of been underground in 93 but they are the faces of hip hop lol.

Na Roots were sick, but its also because they don't put on a traditional rap set.

No i don't already discredit it if its just a DJ. Because quite frankly i was a nu-metal kid and love the DJ fuse with metal in rock. I discredit a beat kareoke where these guys have 3-4 hype men up there filling in the back round.

Dude my opinion stems from seeing shows. Two mics and tables do not equal a good show for me, hence why im not as excited as you to go see this show lol...

infact i like most of the acts that are going to be there, its just rap shows don't really float my boat[/quote]

I hear where you're coming from

Honestly these guys on the bill arent mainstream, well other than Busta...... Honestly if you turn on Hot 97 or Power105 you'll never hear a song by the Roots, Nas, or 90% of that lineup cause its not Shorty Lo or Soulja Boy crap that they have over at the biggest waste of money aka 'Summer Jam'..... Trust me, Im a Hip Hop head and these guys are only the faces of the music to the trained eye, to the public theyre unknowns

A show does get ruined when there's a ton of hypemen on stage with mics shouting the last word of every line, but when its the 2 lyricists and the DJ it really depends on who you're seeing cause Ive seen GREAT shows like that and AWFUL ones of the same capacity..... IMO its too broad 2 generalize, itd be like me saying any rock group with 2 guitarists puts on a weak show, its just too general of a statement
          [/quote]

well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

dude there is NO WAY Nas, Ice Cube, Marley, Roots, Common, Busta, Big Boi, Talib Kweli, and wu-tang are considered unknowns. I think thats nuts of u to say....

lol thats what im saying and what u just said ruins a show happens most of the time
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][img]file:///F:/DOCUME%7E1/K1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.jpg[/img]Cant wait for this concert at Jones Beach.......

Rock The Bells 2009: Damien Marley, Nas, Ice Cube, Roots, Common, Busta Rhymes, OutKast, House Of Pain, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, RZA, GZA, and Raekwon, Slaughterhouse (Joelle Ortiz, Juganot, Joe Budden), MOP, Necro, Slum Village, Evidence, Alchemist, KRS-ONE, and Pete Rock

http://www.guerillaunion.com/rockthebells/
            [/quote]

House of Pain?! shut up lol....

i was at the one last year with rage...

glad to see Nas is finally playing his home town now. He did the rock the bells every where else NY when i saw the show, i thought that was ****in gay...[/quote]
            LOL, I was at the Rage/Wu-Tang Rock The Bells too..... Did you go on Sat when it was BEAUTIFUL or Sunday in the rain, cuz me and half my boys lucked out on Sat, then the other half went on Sunday and got SOAKED

And YES, House Of Pain is playing their hometown for the 1st time in prolly 15yrs, LOL
            [/quote] bro DEF more than 15 years

lol i would go see them.. i duno a day of all rap... ehh

rap shows just are flat.

Yea i went the second night so it must of been Sunday.

man... honestly after seeing Korn last night, my love for Rage stretches...[/quote]
            LOL, you saw Korn, Papa Roach, and Buckcherry and you're saying that THIS show is too much!?!?!?!?

Dude you must REALLY hate rap, cause rite now that lineup is like the cream of the crop when it comes to non commercial hip hop
            [/quote]

two guys with a mic and record player isn't something that will get me out lol...

if they had some rock bands thrown in the mix.

If there was ever a all rap show i would go to, it would be this...

and i have to be honest.. .<u>i am curious about HOP lol

they are gonna get booed off prolly tho </u>
            lol[/quote]
            WHAT!!?!?!?!?!?

Theyre FROM NY, specifically Valley Stream (right down the block from the venue) and I have NO IDEA what made you say that baseless statement, but forreal MB what in this world makes you think that HOP is gonna be booed off??!?!?!?!

Im totally befuddled.......If anything HOP is gonna have the biggest ovation, IMO at least
            [/quote]

i dunno u think the crowd is gonna be there for them? Beyond Jump Around, i can't imagine HOPs crowd being that big

not all of us know about putting on our **** kickers[/quote]

LOL, it still amazes me that you know that song so well, LOL

I def think that they'll be behind HOP, cause IMO most people that go 2 these shows dont know EVERY group, but they go 2 find new ones as well as listen 2 their favs...... Im a lil different cause this bill is pretty much all of my fav Hip Hop acts and know about a bazillion songs from each artist

And how can ya not love weed smoking, whiskey drinking, mosh pitting, Irish Hip Hop Fornicators?!?!?!?
            [/quote]

bro i MURDERED that CD growing up lol. That and Onyx's bacdafucup

lol COME AND GET SOME OF THIS was my jam

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="patsrule666"]

Landon, PM me your e-mal </P>[/quote]
              Done and Done

[/quote]Should be there.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

dude there is NO WAY <font color="#0000ff">Nas, Ice Cube, Marley, Roots,</font> Common, <font color="#0000ff">Busta</font>, Big Boi, Talib Kweli, and <font color="#0000ff">wu-tang</font> are considered unknowns. I think thats nuts of u to say....

lol thats what im saying and what u just said ruins a show happens most of the time[/quote]

I am in no way a hip-hop "Fan" but I don't hate it either, the Blue names I know, the others I've never heard of.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea MMB correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say you're going 2 a Nickleback concert?!?!?!?!

PLEASE say it aint so..... I think the only group that sucks more than they do would be Creed, and PLEASE tell me theyre not opening for Nickleback, LOL......
                  [/quote]
                  It is ok. We just know now he plays for the pink team.
                  [/quote] Didnt like Korn and hes going to Nickle??[:|]</p>

Landon, PM me your e-mail, and i will shoot you over a pic. of the little one..not the greatest with my cell but its a start i guess..</p>

I cant send them to my comp.[] but i can send them to phone #...I WILL be going to verizon store later to get that **** straightened out..lol.</p>[/quote]

Korn was flat... i knwo thats pretty much their sound, but im telling you, alot of people were on the same page as me. Dudes i were with were with had the same opinion.

there was half the crowd there for Biohazard and the pits were ape ****

and yes i am seeing nickelback lol. <u>I'll try every band once.</u>..[/quote]
                  I heard Richard Simmons, Perez Hilton, and RuPaul have a new soft rock/disco group.... Ya get ur tix yet, I heard theyre playing in the west village?!?!?!?!?

LOL, JK
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

dude there is NO WAY <font color="#0000ff">Nas, Ice Cube, Marley, Roots,</font> Common, <font color="#0000ff">Busta</font>, Big Boi, Talib Kweli, and <font color="#0000ff">wu-tang</font> are considered unknowns. I think thats nuts of u to say....

lol thats what im saying and what u just said ruins a show happens most of the time[/quote]

I am in no way a hip-hop "Fan" but I don't hate it either, the Blue names I know, the others I've never heard of.
                    [/quote]

have u heard of Outkast, thats where big boi is from

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea MMB correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say you're going 2 a Nickleback concert?!?!?!?!

PLEASE say it aint so..... I think the only group that sucks more than they do would be Creed, and PLEASE tell me theyre not opening for Nickleback, LOL......
                      [/quote]

Landon, PM me your e-mail, and i will shoot you over a pic. of the little one..not the greatest with my cell but its a start i guess..</p>

I cant send them to my comp.[] but i can send them to phone #...I WILL be going to verizon store later to get that **** straightened out..lol.</p>[/quote]

Korn was flat... i knwo thats pretty much their sound, but im telling you, alot of people were on the same page as me. Dudes i were with were with had the same opinion.

I heard Richard Simmons, Perez Hilton, and RuPaul have a new soft rock/disco group.... Ya get ur tix yet, I heard theyre playing in the west village?!?!?!?!?

LOL, JK
                      [/quote]

i already was there...

picked up a "broad" and then got *SLAPPED*

i learned my lesson

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"]Oh yea MMB correct me if im wrong, but didnt you say you're going 2 a Nickleback concert?!?!?!?!

PLEASE say it aint so..... I think the only group that sucks more than they do would be Creed, and PLEASE tell me theyre not opening for Nickleback, LOL...... I think you need to come 2 some QUALITY Hip Hop shows, not this radio BS
                        [/quote]

<u>there is no such thing as a quality hip hop show</u> lol.

I've seen Cypress Hill, Wu Tang, Public Enemy, Redman, Joe Buddens

<u>Nickelback ain't bad</u>, actually really grimey lyrics. They talk about doin blow and gettin laid all the time... they are okay in my book lol[/quote]

LOL, thank you for totally discrediting yourself, LOL!!!!!

If you saw Cypress or PE live you would NEVER say that 'there's no such thing as a quality hip hop show'...... Ive been seeiing Cypress every Halloween in the city for the past 5yrs and every time theyre better than the last, and dont even get me started on The Roots, theyre BETTER live than on CD, and on CD theyre one of the finest musical ensambles out there

I get it, you're still grasping onto the last bit of 'Hard Rock' cuz the rock genre is oversaturated with Emo, Crap-Punk, Hardcore, and that progressive electronica rock they play all over 101.9....... But if you give hip hop a fair shot you'll be lovin it...... ESPECIALLY Rock The Bells this yr
                        [/quote]

well rap died in 04 imo, its all on the decline now and it will all come full circle. Rock will be back.

I saw them at Rock the Bells. It was cool but I dunno...

Cypress Hill kinda disappointed me with their setlist

I am not sure if I would consider the roots a TRUE rap performance. You ever see them on that new late night show? Its sick.

actually I think anytime there isn't a live band and u got a DJ spinnin and two guys on a mic... thats not a show. There is no feel to that.

As for me grasping to my hardrock, you may be right lol. Personally theres more bands in north jersey that bring 10 people that i'd rather go see and listen to than most of the **** out there period lol[/quote]

Well COMMERCIAL Rap died, HIP HOP is still alive but you need to search for it, its not gonna be out there in the open, LOL

If you didnt think The Roots set was anything other than outstanding, I dunno what I can tell you..... Maybe on the day they came out there was only 1 guy!?!?!?! LOL, Cuz on the 1st day of Rock The Bells, The Roots were possibly THE best group out there

Roots are TRUE HIP HOP....... PERIOD!!!! If you think that Hip Hop is only with a guy on the mic and a guy on the tables then you need 2 take Hip Hop 101 taught by Professor Kase-1

And nah I havent seen them on any show, I gotta peep it tho

See just cause there's a DJ you already discredit it, thats going 2 the show almost hoping that it fails, or at least thats how I see it....... Whats to say that a DJ isnt as talented as some people at a rock show that may be on Guitar, Bass or Drums. True some DJs are just plain and wack but some are MINDBLOWING cutting up songs left and right without the crowd knowing

And NO, being a DJ isnt just moving a record back and forth, if thats the case than a drummer is just a tard banging on hollow objects

I can see that you havent really tried Hip Hop cause If you saw Dead Prez (who is 2 guys and a DJ) or Tribe Called Quest then itd be a diff story..... HELL these guys dont even need a DJ they captivate the crowd simply with their presence
                        [/quote]

no i discredit the shows with just a DJ because i've experienced them. And don't refer to the dudes on this bill as underground, they might of been underground in 93 but they are the faces of hip hop lol.

Na Roots were sick, but its also because they don't put on a traditional rap set.

No i don't already discredit it if its just a DJ. Because quite frankly i was a nu-metal kid and love the DJ fuse with metal in rock. I discredit a beat kareoke where these guys have 3-4 hype men up there filling in the back round.

Dude my opinion stems from seeing shows. Two mics and tables do not equal a good show for me, hence why im not as excited as you to go see this show lol...

infact i like most of the acts that are going to be there, its just rap shows don't really float my boat[/quote]

I hear where you're coming from

Honestly these guys on the bill arent mainstream, well other than Busta...... Honestly if you turn on Hot 97 or Power105 you'll never hear a song by the Roots, Nas, or 90% of that lineup cause its not Shorty Lo or Soulja Boy crap that they have over at the biggest waste of money aka 'Summer Jam'..... Trust me, Im a Hip Hop head and these guys are only the faces of the music to the trained eye, to the public theyre unknowns

A show does get ruined when there's a ton of hypemen on stage with mics shouting the last word of every line, but when its the 2 lyricists and the DJ it really depends on who you're seeing cause Ive seen GREAT shows like that and AWFUL ones of the same capacity..... IMO its too broad 2 generalize, itd be like me saying any rock group with 2 guitarists puts on a weak show, its just too general of a statement
                        [/quote]

well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

dude there is NO WAY Nas, Ice Cube, Marley, Roots, Common, Busta, Big Boi, Talib Kweli, and wu-tang are considered unknowns. I think thats nuts of u to say....

OK it depends wehre you go, but OK ill give you Cube, Busta, and Big Boi as people that everyone knows..... In the Tri-State Jr gong Marley, Nas, Roots, and Talib are big, but between the coasts not so much

At a show like this the only one that has a REAL chance of screwing it up by having a small batallion as their hypemen would be Busta Buss

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="patsrule666"]

[/quote]

LOL, JK
                          [/quote]

i already was there...

picked up a "broad" and then got *SLAPPED*

i learned my lesson[/quote]
                          LOL!!!!!!!!

EXCELLENT!!!!!

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

[/quote]

have u heard of Outkast, thats where big boi is from[/quote]

Andre 3000 SOOOOO much cooler.

but yeah I loved OutKast...have their CD...B.O.B. is to this day one of my favorite songs.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

[/quote]
                              Well its Damien 'Jr Gong' Marley, you've heard of him?!?!?!?

Thatd suprise me cause you look like a straight up Rock Cat

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well yea i guess... but they were the main stream in their times is what i meant by that.

[/quote]
                                Well its Damien 'Jr Gong' Marley, you've heard of him?!?!?!?

Thatd suprise me cause you look like a straight up Rock Cat
                                [/quote]

I'm actually Ska/Punk before Rock...then I go to straight up Classic/Southern Rock....then back to regular current rock.

Comment

Working...
                                X