X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]i think he gets rid of a lot of talent in the minors and our young guys with potential to land big names. then he runs it by steinbrenner, they hear the big names and they like it. not saying i have a problem with it, but look at how we go about moving players since cashmans been here. jeter, mo, posada, andy are the only yankees that came up from our farm system since hughes and joba. thats not a good thing imo
    [/quote]</p>

yea tahts exactly what i said an hour or so ago.
    we use the ocassional pitcher from the minors, but we havent had a position player come up since Posada, and he was old when he finally got called up. If they do that with Montero, we're screwed.

PERHAPS they will keep him, and just use him to replace Swisher in right? and DH when Posada is gone? Granted, I dont think it's smart to use a young guy to just hit. But the guy is too explosive to waste.</p>[/quote]

replace swisher? Guys coming off a career year and had like 30 dongs like Harooni in a bukkakkee video
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]i think he gets rid of a lot of talent in the minors and our young guys with potential to land big names. then he runs it by steinbrenner, they hear the big names and they like it. not saying i have a problem with it, but look at how we go about moving players since cashmans been here. jeter, mo, posada, andy are the only yankees that came up from our farm system since hughes and joba. thats not a good thing imo
      [/quote]</p>

yea tahts exactly what i said an hour or so ago.
      we use the ocassional pitcher from the minors, but we havent had a position player come up since Posada, and he was old when he finally got called up. If they do that with Montero, we're screwed.

PERHAPS they will keep him, and just use him to replace Swisher in right? and DH when Posada is gone? Granted, I dont think it's smart to use a young guy to just hit. But the guy is too explosive to waste.</p>[/quote]

replace swisher? Guys coming off a career year and had like 30 dongs like Harooni in a bukkakkee video
      [/quote]lol

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]man quoted as saying "Gustavo Molina is favored over Montero because he has 'big league time' "
        The guy has played 23 games. lol
        Montero is an impact player, whether it be immediately or later on, he NEEDS to play. he's ****ing rotting away in the girl leagues.

this is why cashman is the worst GM ever. Just shut the **** up and open your wallet you useless piece of ****. this is why the only players we bring up stay permanent bench players or get traded. the only players we've kept in the past 10 years are Hughes and Joba.

[/quote]</P>

I heard <SPAN style="CLEAR: none; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FLOAT: none; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; CURSOR: auto; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; ZOOM: 1; POSITION: relative; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; cssFloat: none" aptureProxy="39"><SPAN style="CLEAR: none; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-block; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 12px; LEFT: 0px; FLOAT: none; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; WORD-SPACING: normal; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 0%; CURSOR: auto; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; FONT-STYLE: normal; FONT-FAMILY: normal; WHITE-SPACE: normal; LETTER-SPACING: normal; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 0px; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; HEIGHT: 100%; BACKGROUND-COLOR: highlight; FONT-VARIANT: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; cssFloat: none" aptureProxy="38"></SPAN><SPAN id=aptureID_1 style="CLEAR: none; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; DISPLAY: inline; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; FLOAT: none; BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; CURSOR: auto; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; ZOOM: 1; POSITION: relative; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; cssFloat: none" aptureProxy="37">Austin Romine </SPAN></SPAN>is ahead of Montero so far. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

as of when, cuz i read the exact opposite. lol
        well, regardless of the outcome, its going to suck if Montero wastes another year in the minors. </P>
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[/quote]</P>

lmao...i meant when he is no longer here.</P>
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Hey all ...I did my first Fantasy Baseball Draft last night....wow 25 rounds I think I did ok but my pitching was a little thin...Got Tulowitzki (sp?) , Carl Crawford , Prince Fielder, Adam Dunn, Ichiro Suzuki, for Pitching I got Josh Johnson, Mat Latos and Max Scherzer !

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]
              <DIV class=entry_header>
              <H1 class=entry_title><FONT color=#000000 size=5>Jorge Posada would consider leaving Yankees in 2012 “if it’s the rightsituation”</FONT></H1>
              <DIV class=name_date></DIV></DIV>
              <DIV class="article_contents clearfix">
              <DIV class="article_body content">

[/quote]</P>

I will miss Posada when he's gone after this year...

what kind of season do you guys think he would need to stick around?</P></DIV></DIV>
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]man quoted as saying "Gustavo Molina is favored over Montero because he has 'big league time' "
                Montero is an impact player, whether it be immediately or later on, he NEEDS to play. he's ****ing rotting away in the girl leagues.

this is why cashman is the worst GM ever. Just shut the **** up and open your wallet you useless piece of ****. this is why the only players we bring up stay permanent bench players or get traded. the only players we've kept in the past 10 years are Hughes and Joba.

[/quote]</P>

I heard <SPAN style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; ZOOM: 1; DISPLAY: inline; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; FLOAT: none; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; CURSOR: auto; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; cssFloat: none" aptureProxy="39"><SPAN style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: highlight; FONT-VARIANT: normal; FONT-STYLE: normal; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; WIDTH: 0%; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; DISPLAY: inline-block; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; FONT-FAMILY: normal; WHITE-SPACE: normal; FLOAT: none; LETTER-SPACING: normal; HEIGHT: 100%; CLEAR: none; FONT-SIZE: 12px; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; TOP: 0px; CURSOR: auto; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; WORD-SPACING: normal; TEXT-DECORATION: none; PADDING-TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px; cssFloat: none" aptureProxy="38"></SPAN><SPAN style="BACKGROUND-IMAGE: none; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: relative; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px; OUTLINE-STYLE: none; OUTLINE-COLOR: invert; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; OUTLINE-WIDTH: medium; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; ZOOM: 1; DISPLAY: inline; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse; FLOAT: none; CLEAR: none; VERTICAL-ALIGN: baseline; BORDER-TOP: 0px; CURSOR: auto; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; cssFloat: none" id=aptureID_1 aptureProxy="37">Austin Romine </SPAN></SPAN>is ahead of Montero so far. </P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

well, regardless of the outcome, its going to suck if Montero wastes another year in the minors. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Romine is a better defensive catcher then Montero.</P>

And since they are both not hitting the ball with much consistency the logical choice would be to put the player who can help behind the plate. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

<DIV class=entry_header>
                  <H1 class=entry_title><FONT color=#000000 size=5>Jorge Posada would consider leaving Yankees in 2012 “if it’s the rightsituation”</FONT></H1>
                  <DIV class=name_date></DIV></DIV>
                  <DIV class="article_contents clearfix">
                  <DIV class="article_body content">

[/quote]</P>

I will miss Posada when he's gone after this year...

what kind of season do you guys think he would need to stick around?</P></DIV></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

I feel he will be gone after the season. </P>

No matter what stats he puts up, some team will offer him more then the Yankees are willing. </P>

And the DH spot is going to be filled with Jeter or A-rod in due time. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

yanks trade Mitre for Dickerson

Comment

[/quote]</p>

I heard <span style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; clear: none; display: inline; float: none; background-image: none; vertical-align: baseline; cursor: auto; text-indent: 0px; position: relative; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: transparent; outline-style: none; outline-color: invert; outline-width: medium;" aptureproxy="39"><span style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; clear: none; font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; left: 0px; float: none; background-image: none; word-spacing: normal; vertical-align: baseline; text-transform: none; width: 0%; cursor: auto; text-indent: 0px; font-style: normal; font-family: normal; white-space: normal; letter-spacing: normal; position: absolute; top: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; height: 100%; background-color: highlight; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none; outline-style: none; outline-color: invert; outline-width: medium;" aptureproxy="38"></span><span id="aptureID_1" style="border: 0px none ; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; clear: none; display: inline; float: none; background-image: none; vertical-align: baseline; cursor: auto; text-indent: 0px; position: relative; border-collapse: collapse; background-color: transparent; outline-style: none; outline-color: invert; outline-width: medium;" aptureproxy="37">Austin Romine </span></span>is ahead of Montero so far. </p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

well, regardless of the outcome, its going to suck if Montero wastes another year in the minors. </p>[/quote]

if hes that subpar behind the plate then he needs it

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="Morehead State"]

I know its spring training and all, but I really would feel better if our pitchers were pitching better right now.</P>

And I know that you all want Morehead to be happy.</P>

[/quote]Jays GM Alex "super genious" Anthopoulus has RedSox as best team in mlb [+o(]

[/quote]</P>

</P>

Did u catch that Jays Preview show on Sportsnet yesterday afternoon with Buck Martinez interviewing him ??</P>

Comment

[quote user="shocknaweny"]Hey all ...I did my first Fantasy Baseball Draft last night....wow 25 rounds I think I did ok but my pitching was a little thin...Got Tulowitzki (sp?) , Carl Crawford , Prince Fielder, Adam Dunn, Ichiro Suzuki, for Pitching I got Josh Johnson, Mat Latos and Max Scherzer ![/quote]

wow how many teams?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]man quoted as saying "Gustavo Molina is favored over Montero because he has 'big league time' "

[/quote]

its not even cashmans wallet... and the spending control came from ownership

i dunno man. They really say that Montero is PUTRID behind the plate.

and its hard to justify a dh spot with Posada so bad behind the plate as well. Hes going to have to regular there
                            [/quote]</p>

yea but they had said a week or 2 ago, that he has come a long way defensively since the original reports of his mediocre platework. thats what i dont get.

btw, the comment abt stfu and open the wallet was sarcastic. i know its not his money, but he has way too much control.</p>[/quote]its yankee propaganda. and i agree cash has way tomuch control.
                            [/quote]

how does the general manager have too much control?

lol especially in yankee land
                            [/quote]i think he gets rid of a lot of talent in the minors and our young guys with potential to land big names. then he runs it by steinbrenner, they hear the big names and they like it. not saying i have a problem with it, but look at how we go about moving players since cashmans been here. jeter, mo, posada, andy are the only yankees that came up from our farm system since hughes and joba. thats not a good thing imo
                            [/quote]
                            <u>
                            well u def got that backwards though. Hes the one thats been out there asking to preserve the minors. hes the one that wants to build it up and stop going after these over the hill guys and over pay them. Your kind of contradicting urself on ur stance.</u>

Gardener, Cano, Nova, Montero, Pena

Since cashman took this stance we have only gotten like supreme FAs (besides Burnett, that was a debatable deal). Hes the one that wanted to keep these guys...

Another deal in question was Granderson for Austin Jackson... looks like we got beat there...

but we can't even talk **** cuz we were all about it

Grandy is banged up already
                            [/quote]saying something and doing it are two totally different things. we dont know what goes on behind the scenes, we can only put 2 and 2 together. yea, gardener and cano too. so 8 players in 15 years from the farm. its still not good.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="shocknaweny"]Hey all ...I did my first Fantasy Baseball Draft last night....wow 25 rounds I think I did ok but my pitching was a little thin...Got Tulowitzki (sp?) , Carl Crawford , Prince Fielder, Adam Dunn, Ichiro Suzuki, for Pitching I got Josh Johnson, Mat Latos and Max Scherzer ![/quote]

wow how many teams?
                              [/quote]</P>

8 of us .</P>

Comment

random trade...

Dickerson hasnt done much of anything since being a major leauger. wonder why we gave up Mitre for him? I know Milwauke pushed hard for the deal cuz their rotation is injured right now. But seems odd.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X