This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

Live spectators...NASCAR, no contest.
    </p>

TV Ratings...American Football.
    </p>

"Beginning as regional entertainment in the Southeastern U.S., NASCAR
    has grown to become the second most popular professional spectator
    sport in terms of television ratings inside the U.S., ranking behind
    only the National Football League. Internationally, NASCAR races are
    broadcast in over 150 countries. It holds 17 of the top 20 attended
    sporting events in the U.S., and has 75 million fans who purchase over
    $2 billion in annual licensed product sales. These fans are considered
    the most brand-loyal in all of sports, and as a result, Fortune 500
    companies sponsor NASCAR more than any other sport."
    </p>[/quote]

thats cuz its far and few in between and the stadiums are bigger

go play the superbowl, nba finals, and world series - and playoffs for them in stadiums that size they would sell out as well[/quote]

It's not just attendance MMB its TV viewers, Put the Daytona 500 up against the NBA Finals or the Stanely Cup or the World Series and I'd bet you have more TV viewers.

Big Business doesn't sponser NASCAR more then Baseball and Basketball for no reason MMB...they research this stuff.
    [/quote]

on a game 7?

i mean theres so many variables that differ from the sport that its impossible..
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

OK people time 2 head 2 work..... be back round 10ish
      Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Don't forget Loudon, NH.</p>[/quote]

I forgot it cause I haven't been yet [:P] but your right.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]

Why wouldn't they be?[/quote]

My point was that they are seeing race attendance decline. If people just travel to where ever and don't buy a ticket to see the race or do anything race related. As an official, wouldn't you want to know that you're selling as many tickets as possible? I mean, almost every NFL games is sold out. The race on Sunday had a lot of empty seats. If race attendance declines at tracks across the country, it would be damaging for the sport.

[quote user="DavenIII"]

...besides LT.
          [/quote]

Was that really necessary?

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]Was that really necessary?
            [/quote]
            <font size="6">YES</font>

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"] I bet more people know Jimmie Johnson than Alex Rodriguez.
              [/quote]

I highly doubt that.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

on a game 7?

i mean theres so many variables that differ from the sport that its impossible..[/quote]

Agreed it's hard to figure out, that's why I'm trusting the advertisers and the researchers on this, do a search on google, its pretty much an unquestioned fact at this point that its the second most popular sport...it's trying to become the first...thats the entire reason they started this new scoring system the last few years in Nascar...it kicks in right when Football starts.

Comment

lets get real with this...

on a given night in baseball like tonite when there are 15 games going on, there are more viewers combined total watching than in the average nascar race...

not even debatable. These numbers are being put up against a single game, like yanks - indians.

yes nascar is going to have better numbers than the yanks-indians games, but go combine the numbers and advertizers for the other 14 games going on that night WITH the yankee game and it will **** on nascar numbers

Even if it doesn't, do the math of havein 162 regular season games (4x the number of nascar events)...

the numbers really aren't anywhere close.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="bigblue4417"] I bet more people know Jimmie Johnson than Alex Rodriguez.
                    [/quote]

I highly doubt that.
                    [/quote]

I'd bet alot of money on it, Alex I don't think is even close to Jimme Johnson..or Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

on a game 7?

i mean theres so many variables that differ from the sport that its impossible..[/quote]

Agreed it's hard to figure out, that's why I'm trusting the advertisers and the researchers on this, do a search on google, its pretty much an unquestioned fact at this point that its the second most popular sport...it's trying to become the first...thats the entire reason they started this new scoring system the last few years in Nascar...it kicks in right when Football starts.

[/quote]

That scoring system is so stupid. Not even the drivers know how it works.

You can explain the football, basketball, and baseball scoring systems to a casual person who has never seen a game before and you can make them understand it. With Nascar? I have no idea how the drivers earn their points. I know it has to do something with how they finish in the race, but I really have no clue.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]lets get real with this...

on a given night in baseball like tonite when there are 15 games going on, there are more viewers combined total watching than in the average nascar race...

not even debatable. [/quote]

No that is EXTREMELY debatable, in fact I'd guess you were wrong with that....

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]These numbers are being put up against a single game, like yanks - indians.

yes nascar is going to have better numbers than the yanks-indians games, but go combine the numbers and advertizers for the other 14 games going on that night WITH the yankee game and it will **** on nascar numbers

Even if it doesn't, do the math of havein 162 regular season games (4x the number of nascar events)...

the numbers really aren't anywhere close.[/quote]

No MMB, that's not whats happening, why would advertising companies recommend a big businiess Like "Budweiser" or "Home Depot" Or "Lowes" choose to spend more money on selling to Nascar fans then Baseball or Basketball fans if there weren't more of them....it wouldn't make sense....follow the Money Trail MMB.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]lets get real with this... on a given night in baseball like tonite when there are 15 games going on, there are more viewers combined total watching than in the average nascar race... not even debatable. These numbers are being put up against a single game, like yanks - indians. yes nascar is going to have better numbers than the yanks-indians games, but go combine the numbers and advertizers for the other 14 games going on that night WITH the yankee game and it will **** on nascar numbers Even if it doesn't, do the math of havein 162 regular season games (4x the number of nascar events)... the numbers really aren't anywhere close.[/quote]</P>

Matt....Your wrong. Its hard to imagine, but Nascar is #2 to the NFL. I don't watch too much Nascar, but I know that.</P>

You can make all the arguments that it shouldn't be true, but the objective fact is, that it is.</P>
                          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="bigblue4417"] I bet more people know Jimmie Johnson than Alex Rodriguez.
                            [/quote]

I highly doubt that.
                            [/quote]

I'd bet alot of money on it, Alex I don't think is even close to Jimme Johnson..or Dale Jr. or Jeff Gordon.
                            [/quote]

You're telling me that more people know who Jeff Gordon is than Alex Rodriguez, the best player on the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports?

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"]

That scoring system is so stupid. Not even the drivers know how it works.

You can explain the football, basketball, and baseball scoring systems to a casual person who has never seen a game before and you can make them understand it. With Nascar? I have no idea how the drivers earn their points. I know it has to do something with how they finish in the race, but I really have no clue.
                              [/quote]

what are you talking about? the new scoring system is an attempt at the "Playoffs" it makes it so only the top 12 race cars are elidgable to win points the last 10 races of the season...which, IMO is ******ed because you still got another 30 cars racing for what amounts to nothing at that point....it used to be just a points race from the first race to the last which made sense...so a driver could win the last 10 races of the year and jump from say 40th to top 3 or something.

the scoring system is really simple, laps lead and position....not much to it really...you can get penalized points unlike other sports they don't take wins away in baseball or football.

Comment

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="bigblue4417"] I bet more people know Jimmie Johnson than Alex Rodriguez.
                                [/quote]

I highly doubt that.
                                [/quote]

[/quote]

You're telling me that more people know who Jeff Gordon is than Alex Rodriguez, the best player on the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports?
                                [/quote]

Oh yeah... 100% sure on that....(In America)

Comment

Working...
                                X