X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    no the point is ur complaining about hoarding, but u had the space and didn't have a legit backup for ur RB after week 1...

To suggest that somebody picking up a FA that is now the #1 RB on a team after an injury as hoarding, is just misusing the definition.

Two glaring issues, u shouldn't of been relying on the waiver wire for a started by week 2 with just one injury at aposition

and with these big rosters, why did u not have a handcuff?
    [/quote]</P>

lol are you telling me how to play fantasy football? As far as I'm concern the jury is out on you, Matt!!
    I have a respectable record here, I know what I'm doing. You on the other hand. Youre all bark, no bite!</P>

(sorry for the delayed response. I was forced to do some mindnumbing busy-work)</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]whether or not i am right or wrong

Pizz, i think ur general outlook on fantasy is offbase. The draft means everything the whole year. For you to say the later round picks dont mean nothing is a falsehood, that is typically where its all won. Those are the diamonds in the rough that win it for you and give u the trade bait to improve your team

by making the FA pool bigger u just give teams a bigger bench I feel like since they will always have somebody to pick up out there. When u make the temas bigger, there isn't that luxory of just knowing you'll be able to get quality on the the FA so you better draft right, maintain ur team right, and who is on your team completely matters.

It totally defeats your point that the later rounds don't matter
      [/quote]
      I really strongly agree with Matt here. I would hate to lose you over something so stupid Pizz. I value every single pick I make. With the extra spots you can handcuff your most important people. Maybe down to 6 but 5 seems way to small. Plus sometimes you have 2 defenses, kickers, QB's and such. I still like 7. It gives you alot of flexibility. Plus it's the game and strategy....

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]You were in the $ last year, correct?
        [/quote]</p>

Yea I lost in the finals, but the payouts are good for our league.</p>[/quote]
        You were awesome last year man...Seriously! But you already know this.
        [/quote]It's gotta be from watching Friday Night Lights? I' gonna get the series cd collection.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

what didn't u like again? I forgot

flex is brutal, i'm with you
          [/quote]</p>

well, flex causes the next issue I had which is FAR too many bench spots.I think we had 8, which is total overkill and causes player hoarding, which decreases the competition since adding and dropping players becomes meaningless since you end up picking up players you might not even need.

if you have saaay....5 bench spots....dropping a player for another ACTUALLY means something, and might actually take some thought.
          </p>

[/quote]

eh i'd agree to an extent. 8 May of been too much but 5 is def way too small..

i prefer bigger benches because it helps trades happen and then if somebody just goes down u don't have an easy pickup off the FA wire.

[/quote]</p>

yes and no...</p>

there should be some value to who is available in free agency.

There'sZERO value in it if you go to the player list and the only players available are Arizona's 3rd string RB, and the Bears 6th WR....</p>

[/quote]

thats hardly ever the case though, its really no that deep at all ur exaggerating

there are only 12 fantasy teams

Thats the point, you build ur team and you make sure every spot matters... it puts more stress on your later rounds. This is another reason why i like the later keeper rules, because it makes every pick matter. Once a player hits the FA wire he loses his keeper eligibility as well

with waivers and **** its really impossible to be a FA wire raper... because higher waiver priority will always get players like that.

[/quote]</p>

well....that makes literally no sense at all to me.
          your late picks dont mean jack **** at all. you dont know what a last round pick is going to do, if anything. it's ALL about the FAs/Waiver....
          And if there's nobody available, then you just completely take out an entire facet of fantasy sports.

I'm not angry, I mean, I know I'm a good fantasy GM....but if we don't change this, I just don't think I can give this a 3rd go.
          What's strange to me, is that nobody gives an opinion either way on what you and I discuss. lol</p>[/quote]well I won't butt in to much here caause I'm not all that good at the game but I get what Pizz is saying 8 player bench takes 96 players out of play and they are not all **** players...but you can make trades and what not...which is all part of the game ....including hording a player to keep another team from getting better... no?I love playing and want to see all the guys here play so lets get this ffba settled[/quote]

I agree but I look at it like this:

There are 6 different starting positions, that total 9 different starters

You should have at least 1 QB, 2RB, and 2 WR backups (whether its flex or not)

Thats 5 spots right there. Only 5 spots are entirely too small. I prefer going to 7 because u still have to worry about bye weeks for three other positions and plus by leaving that much quality in the market its almost like no penalty for just signing somebody to replace a bad pick...

The FA pool thin is the best way to do it i feel like. That way you actually build your team. The draft should be the most important thing of fantasy. Then obviously maintaining, but there were still PLENTY of FA pickups done throughout the season. This is a comeptitive league and everybody needs to be on their game. Waiver wire helps reduce the FA abuse

And so would the keeper idea i am proposing. Besides the fact that the first few rounds aren't effected by the keeper and u get to pick all the big names again pretty much, but it also refrains people from releasing players. There may be a rookie u have on ur squad that may be woreth the bang, u want to wait out. Like if I were able to keep Mike Williams for an 8th rounder that would be awesome

It makes the whole draft important
          [/quote]
          I totally agree with you Matt. I like the big bench. Trades, injuries, strategy, insurance or you take a waiver on a guy in hopes he will tear it up one day. Chris Ivory for instance last year.

However, I hate the idea of the keeper league. No way we have the same 12 people next year. Plus I like getting a whole new team every year.

I am down to drop the flex as well if need be. 3 WR's and 2 RB's does put less importance on RB and the extra depth on the bench would help in that format as well.

The one other thing that needs to be changed is defensive points. When a D would get a shutout it would only give 10 points. I think that should be changed to 15 or 20 honestly. It rarely happens.

I also hate individual defensive players. **** that! Only Defense yo
          [/quote]

I agree with everything except the keeper obviously. It doesn't matter if we have a few peices change every year. IT seems like we have a base 8 that will always be in it and then hopfully with these next few guys we add they stay longer. Like I dont see Sharick or ny bailing. Lawl may not do it but then we have LT who seems like hes a lifer

I am def into relooking defensive scoring as well. Somebody from my main league told me they added a couple of new cool features to team defense this year as well, i just forgot waht they were
          [/quote][Y]

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

no the point is ur complaining about hoarding, but u had the space and didn't have a legit backup for ur RB after week 1...

To suggest that somebody picking up a FA that is now the #1 RB on a team after an injury as hoarding, is just misusing the definition.

Two glaring issues, u shouldn't of been relying on the waiver wire for a started by week 2 with just one injury at aposition

and with these big rosters, why did u not have a handcuff?
            [/quote]</p>

lol are you telling me how to play fantasy football? As far as I'm concern the jury is out on you, Matt!!
            I have a respectable record here, I know what I'm doing. You on the other hand. Youre all bark, no bite!</p>

(sorry for the delayed response. I was forced to do some mindnumbing busy-work)</p>[/quote]

i got cash prizes in big leagues pappy... but we're straying

the point is u can't tell me that having a broad FA wire every week is somehow a better league than having teams...

Having a huge FA list essentially gives everybody a huge bench. When u have bigger teams, who u get is who u guy, so while in ur short bench leagues - yea the later rounds dont mean much, that obviously isn't true in a bigger teamed league becasue u won't have the luxory of being able to plug and play from the FA wire every year
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]whether or not i am right or wrong

Pizz, i think ur general outlook on fantasy is offbase. The draft means everything the whole year. For you to say the later round picks dont mean nothing is a falsehood, that is typically where its all won. Those are the diamonds in the rough that win it for you and give u the trade bait to improve your team

by making the FA pool bigger u just give teams a bigger bench I feel like since they will always have somebody to pick up out there. When u make the temas bigger, there isn't that luxory of just knowing you'll be able to get quality on the the FA so you better draft right, maintain ur team right, and who is on your team completely matters.

It totally defeats your point that the later rounds don't matter
              [/quote]
              I really strongly agree with Matt here. I would hate to lose you over something so stupid Pizz. I value every single pick I make. With the extra spots you can handcuff your most important people. Maybe down to 6 but 5 seems way to small. Plus sometimes you have 2 defenses, kickers, QB's and such. I still like 7. It gives you alot of flexibility. Plus it's the game and strategy....
              [/quote]

yea I woud like to stay at 7 but 5 is def out of the question I think
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]Youre all bark, no bite!

</p>[/quote]

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
                  [/quote]

we only take advice from guys that put their starting lineups in every week lol
                  [/quote]</P>

So we shouldn't listen to you?</P>

[/quote]

me?

if i did i dont remember nad everybody gets one mulligan

[/quote]
                  You did it more than once. You would have beat Morehead one week if you played a kicker. It was unacceptable. That being said I may not have won the league had you beat MH that week so thanks man!
                  [/quote]

karma works in mysterious ways
                  [/quote]</P>

Lando is misremembering. </P>

It was against Blondie and he lost by 5 points. Lando and I both got screwed by that.</P>
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no offense to LT, but I think he needs to pay his dues in the B league. Sharick and lawl have been itching to get in as well
                    [/quote]
                    I totally agree. Sharick is automatically in because he won the A league. Lawl should have got in last year but we gave his spot to Shockey Show. He sucked by the way...lol People need to get demoted to the B league if we have won. lol
                    [/quote]

so we have three openings this year

Dezz is out, Shockey is out, and bandy is out

Sharick - lawl - ny06 get first invites... LT is first on deck
                    [/quote]</P>

Why would you think Shocks is out?</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]no offense to LT, but I think he needs to pay his dues in the B league. Sharick and lawl have been itching to get in as well
                      [/quote]
                      I totally agree. Sharick is automatically in because he won the A league. Lawl should have got in last year but we gave his spot to Shockey Show. He sucked by the way...lol People need to get demoted to the B league if we have won. lol
                      [/quote]

so we have three openings this year

Dezz is out, Shockey is out, and bandy is out

Sharick - lawl - ny06 get first invites... LT is first on deck
                      [/quote]</p>

Why would you think Shocks is out?</p>[/quote]
                      I wondered the same thing...

Comment

Francesa

" .. I'm not going to bring up your girlfriend or wife or whatever she is because I dont do that...."

lmao

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]Lando is <font color="#0000FF">misremembering</font>.

It was against Blondie and he lost by 5 points. Lando and I both got screwed by that.</p>[/quote]
                          You are probably right...

Did you make that word up?

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Lando is <font color="#0000ff">misremembering</font>.

It was against Blondie and he lost by 5 points. Lando and I both got screwed by that.</p>[/quote]

[/quote]no its real

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Lando is <FONT color=#0000ff>misremembering</FONT>.

It was against Blondie and he lost by 5 points. Lando and I both got screwed by that.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

It was made up but not by me.</P>

Its a Roger Clemens word.</P>

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]i know you guys didnt like the sound of it but if you get the chance to play in a 2 qb league, try it.
                                [/quote]</P>

</P>

I play in a 3 QB League ....it is nuts !!</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X