This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]If Bautista hits about 60 homeruns and is batting over .300 at the end of the season then he will win the MVP hands down.

I find that very unlikely, he's not Albert Pujols or A-Rod. </P>

[/quote]</P>

I have nothing against Bautista or anything. In fact I like him.

I just feel as though his average says that he's playing a bit above his own level right now. I'll eat crow on that of course if it remains a constant.
    </P>

[/quote]</P>

Steroids is a wonderful thing...</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

JB </P>

BB 77 SO 56</P>

AG</P>

BB33 SO 72</P>

Comment

JB </P>

AT 310</P>

AG </P>

AT 390</P>

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"]

Bautista</P>

<TABLE>
          <TBODY>
          <TR>
          <TH>BA</TH>
          <TH>HR</TH>
          <TH>RBI</TH>
          <TH>OBP</TH>
          <TH>SLG</TH></TR>
          <TR>
          <TD>.330</TD>
          <TD>31</TD>
          <TD>66</TD>
          <TD>.464</TD>
          <TD>.686</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

Gonzalez</P>

<TABLE>
          <TBODY>
          <TR>
          <TH>BA</TH>
          <TH>HR</TH>
          <TH>RBI</TH>
          <TH>OBP</TH>
          <TH>SLG</TH></TR>
          <TR>
          <TD>.343</TD>
          <TD>17</TD>
          <TD>78</TD>
          <TD>.405</TD>
          <TD>.563</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

[/quote]

wowwww

i dunno

i didn't realize how good bautistas numbers were

i think i'd actually give Bautista the nod. If he had as many base runners as Agonz he would of passed him
          [/quote]</P>

Bautista is a beast no question. </P>

But when deciding on mid-season MVP I factored defense as well. Tex is the best firstbaseman in baseball, Gonzo is a close second. </P>

Gonzo is 1st in hits, tied for 1st in doubles, 1st in batting average, 5th in runs, 3rd on base %</P>

</P>

[/quote]if you want defense how about JB being able to play infeild and outfeild and play it well.. First base is for guys that can't play anywhere else..[/quote]</P>

There is a reason they moved him twice, if he was so good at one position why move him? </P>[/quote]have you seen who we have at 3rd base.. he'll be back in RF throwing guys out at the plate soon enough

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"]chicken parm hero, or a ruban. tough decision
            [/quote]

chicken parm
            [/quote]
            +1

Just don't ask Pizz to vote.
            [/quote]</p>

**** YOU!

</p>[/quote]
            LOL Love you to PizzleDizzleNizzle

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="bandwgn86"]how bout 332 with 66 rbis 467 OBP 690 SLG and a OPS of 1.157 oh and 31 hrs. and to say hes not helping is laughable.. what would this teams record be without him[/quote]</P>

Ask Miguel Cabrera about winning MVP on .500 teams....</P>

[/quote]never will understand the voting[/quote]</P>

yea well....last year Cabrera led Hamilton in everything but average, and Hamiltonstill won by a huge margin in the mvp voting despite missing 30 games. just kind of a known fact that it's how the voting works. dunno...</P>
              Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]If Bautista hits about 60 homeruns and is batting over .300 at the end of the season then he will win the MVP hands down.

I find that very unlikely, he's not Albert Pujols or A-Rod. </p>

[/quote]</p>

I just feel as though his average says that he's playing a bit above his own level right now. I'll eat crow on that of course if it remains a constant.
                </p>

[/quote]</p>

Steroids is a wonderful thing...</p>[/quote]

his body type doesn't relaly look it tho

hes not a big guy, hes not a ripped guy... he looks the same as he did younger except in little better shape

im hoping hes legit. I dont think Pujols is
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]If Bautista hits about 60 homeruns and is batting over .300 at the end of the season then he will win the MVP hands down.

[/quote]</P>

</P>[/quote]wont get 60 for the same reason he'll stay above 300..pitchers in most situations walk him

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

JB </P>

BB 77 SO 56</P>

AG</P>

BB33 SO 72</P>

[/quote]</P>

lol, yea and how many of those were IBBs??</P>
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

So what year does JB sign with the Phillies to join Roy?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]If Bautista hits about 60 homeruns and is batting over .300 at the end of the season then he will win the MVP hands down.

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

hes not a big guy, hes not a ripped guy... he looks the same as he did younger except in little better shape

[/quote]</P>

You don't have to be big or ripped to be on juice. </P>

What I believe steroids does for these baseball players is it helps you heal much faster then a player who is not on them. </P>

For example, it's common sence your body goes through alot playing at the pro level, so it would be to an advantage to have something make you heal that much faster then normal. Instead of being sore and tired, you are fresh and rejuvenated. </P>

His strength has improved dramatically. </P>

I just don't buy the I found my swing in Toronto. </P>

He was a mediocre player for years, then he comes to Toronto and is reborn? Please.....</P>

I could be wrong, but something is just not right. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

speaking of the devil - a grand slam out of bautista right now would be huge for me
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="ny06"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="ny06"]If Bautista hits about 60 homeruns and is batting over .300 at the end of the season then he will win the MVP hands down.

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

You don't have to be big or ripped to be on juice. </P>

What I believe steroids does for these baseball players is it helps you heal much faster then a player who is not on them. </P>

For example, it's common sence your body goes through alot playing at the pro level, so it would be to an advantage to have something make you heal that much faster then normal. Instead of being sore and tired, you are fresh and rejuvenated. </P>

His strength has improved dramatically. </P>

I just don't buy the I found my swing in Toronto. </P>

He was a mediocre player for years, then he comes to Toronto and is reborn? Please.....</P>

I could be wrong, but something is just not right. </P>[/quote]why because its in Canada.. your such a racist []

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]speaking of the devil - a grand slam out of bautista right now would be huge for me
                              [/quote]close..

Comment

yanks really need to give cc a break. as of today 21 starts already this year? no bueno.

Comment

Working...
                                X