This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

i think your short sighted on that

you have to think of the next generations, for them if its legal their whole lives it would be socially accepted. Popular opinion unfortunately effects alot of people's perceptions. We're going through that right now with Pot.

30 years down the road alot more people would be doing heroin because its just there na acceptable
    [/quote]

where is your proof of this?

The reason many people experiment with drugs in the first place is BECAUSE it's illegal...because it's dangerous and risky.....if it wasn't considered such many kids would not start in the first place.

I've not seen a single shred of evidence that would suggest that the legalization of drugs would cause more addicts.

if they legalize pot tomorrow...I think you might get a bit of a boost for a year or two, but over time 10-15-20 years from the point they legalize it...I believe the amount of people smoking pot in the future will be along the same percentage as the amount of people smoke pot now.

Countries that allow minors to drink don't end up with more alcoholics...if anything it's less...

something being socially acceptable...does not make it more popular persay.
    [/quote]

i think its common sense

say this happens and its all legalized. Some people of our generation and maybe even our kids, but do u think that will translate to our grandchildren and their kids?

I think it would become quickly illegal even in our time again even if it got passed.

****, look at how fast they pulled 4loko
    [/quote]I could not believe--last night I was shopping with the wife---right on the shelf with the beer--4LOKO--12% alcohol by volume. I thought I read that **** was pulled off the shelves?
    [/quote]

It's not the same 4LOKO as before, there used to be truckloads of Taurine and Caffeine among other things....they removed a lot of that....it's still a high[ish] alcohol content drink...but the really problem was the combination of high alcohol and energy boosting.
    [/quote]Ah--so the smart kids combine NO2 and red bulls with it?
    [/quote]

naaa that **** was already in it lol
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]abd daven i'd disagree of the fact that there was more violence during prohibition

u'd have to put intogether every bar fight, every stadium parking lot fight, every house party fight....

i dunno if i could agree with that
      [/quote]not sure if there was more violence but they got away with a lot more **** back in the day, thats for sure.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i just dont think its as black and white as ur making it seem[/quote]

Oh, this is anything but a black and white issue

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]there were big differences

In prohibition it was something that was there, that was taken away from the people. They felt their liberties being **** on

this is something that always was banned.

So the truth of the matter is by ur history repeating itself theory, it could work against you.

Booze was legal, Prohibition hits, then they change it back

heroin is illegal, it gets legal, it could very well be changed right back

your also not taking into consideration the advances in society as people. Black people, women, and gays had no rights. Completely different time and mindset

[/quote]

Most of these are good points, you have to understand, I'm just playing devil's advocate sorta, there are plenty of unknowns and reasons why this could backfire....we just don't know.
        [/quote]

oh trust me i know u are lol

but im just saying the only real likeness prohibition had to this is the fact we're talking about whether something that ****s u up should be illegal or not... in a generic way

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]abd daven i'd disagree of the fact that there was more violence during prohibition

u'd have to put intogether every bar fight, every stadium parking lot fight, every house party fight....

[/quote]not sure if there was more violence but they got away with a lot more **** back in the day, thats for sure.
          [/quote]

yea thats another good point

simple assault didn't exist then

**** was just handled differently ya know lol

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that future generations wouldn't comprehend or understand or accept the actually damages of a drug like heroin[/quote]

Poppy****! of course they would know about the dangers, infact if it was made legal I would think they would have a much greater appreciation for what it does to the human body....Cigerates are a prime example, you can't light up in a crowded area without someone telling you you are killing yourself....it's legal....but EVERYONE knows the dangers...it would be the same for any drug we legalize.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]After 30 years of being legal and being able to get it at the corner store it would be like nothing. Its not a moderation drug. Like people can drink and chill out, theres no like well lets go grab a quick needle before we go to the game.
            [/quote]

I completely disagree, the dangers would be WELL known.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]abd daven i'd disagree of the fact that there was more violence during prohibition

[/quote]

I don't think that point is debatable Matt, It's well documented that in Chicago especially but many of the larger cities across America Crime rates literally exploded during prohibition corruption as well.

there is a reason they repealed it, it was bad for the country as a whole to keep alcohol illegal.

I really don't think this point is debatable.
              [/quote]

i just dont think its as black and white as ur making it seem

there were big differences

In prohibition it was something that was there, that was taken away from the people. They felt their liberties being **** on

So the truth of the matter is by ur history repeating itself theory, it could work against you.

your also not taking into consideration the advances in society as people. Black people, women, and gays had no rights. Completely different time and mindset

[/quote]
              <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="75"><col width="75"><tbody><tr height="17">
              <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 56pt;" width="75" height="17"></td>
              </tr></tbody></table>
              Did I mention high functioning? and if he stopped smoking.....he'd be building rockets. lol.
              [/quote]i would of taken over the world by now. hahaha

Comment

chris johnson was asked on twitter: how do u feel about tiki barber being ur 3rd down back

CJ: Dont need him i'm a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th down back

lol awesome answer

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that future generations wouldn't comprehend or understand or accept the actually damages of a drug like heroin[/quote]

Poppy****! of course they would know about the dangers, infact if it was made legal I would think they would have a much greater appreciation for what it does to the human body....Cigerates are a prime example, you can't light up in a crowded area without someone telling you you are killing yourself....it's legal....but EVERYONE knows the dangers...it would be the same for any drug we legalize.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]After 30 years of being legal and being able to get it at the corner store it would be like nothing. Its not a moderation drug. Like people can drink and chill out, theres no like well lets go grab a quick needle before we go to the game.
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

ur really not taking into account by it being legal how generally accepted it would be

it would be just another thing in Dare class

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]abd daven i'd disagree of the fact that there was more violence during prohibition

[/quote]

I don't think that point is debatable Matt, It's well documented that in Chicago especially but many of the larger cities across America Crime rates literally exploded during prohibition corruption as well.

there is a reason they repealed it, it was bad for the country as a whole to keep alcohol illegal.

I really don't think this point is debatable.
                    [/quote]

i just dont think its as black and white as ur making it seem

there were big differences

[/quote]
                    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="75"><col width="75"><tbody><tr height="17">
                    <td style="height: 12.75pt; width: 56pt;" height="17" width="75"></td>
                    </tr></tbody></table>
                    Did I mention high functioning? and if he stopped smoking.....he'd be building rockets. lol.
                    [/quote]i would of taken over the <font size="6">store</font> by now. hahaha
                    [/quote]

well then i bet ur dad is happy that pot exists

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]abd daven i'd disagree of the fact that there was more violence during prohibition

[/quote]

yea thats another good point

simple assault didn't exist then

**** was just handled differently ya know lol
                      [/quote]

I don't think it's a debatable point, it's well known that during prohibition the crime rate was much higher then both before and after, it pretty much "created" organized crime in America....it was a terrible idea...bad for everyone in the country...and that's why it was overturned so quickly....

what you "SHOULD" be saying if you are against it....is that 20-30 years from now...assuming everything is legalized tomorrow....lets say we find out that...no it's not working, that it's causing more problems then it's solving...

you can't go back, once you legalize everything for a period of time you can go back...otherwise you subject America to the same sort of situation that we were in during Prohibition, you can't allow people to to H/Coke and E and then all the sudden say ... nope...Illegal now...there would be riots...organized crime would skyrocket....corruption everything would be bad.

that's the chance we would be taking...that's what you guys should be arguing.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ny06"]I disagree with that. Crime would go up,<FONT color=#0000ff> everyone would be high</FONT> and will not be thinking with a clear head. You look at crime, majority of the perps are high on some sort of drug.[/quote]

I disagree with that, I don't think there would be a substantial increase in drug use even if everything were made legal, you would gain some because of the ease, you would lose some because doing said drugs would no longer be "taboo"

look at prohibition for alcohol, there was MORE crime when Alcohol was made illegal due to the mob running illegal/underground speakeasy's then there was before and after when Alcohol was legalize....

whose to say the same wouldn't be true with Coke or Herion or Ecstasy....?

you take it as a "FACT" that legalizing drugs will cause more use or more crime etc etc...

I do recognize that that is a "possible" outcome, but I believe (much like prohibition) the opposite outcome would actually happen...just based on prior examples throughout history.

what is your reasoning or basis for believing that legalizing drugs would cause these problems that you say it would?
                        [/quote]I don't know if crime would necessarily increase with legalization, but NY06 has a point that the majority of crimes are done by people under the influence of some drug. The prohibition example and effect of previous history is also worth considering. Personally-I think marijuana is more dangerous than alcohol to SOME people.
                        [/quote]

really? based on what. I never could understand that

I mean if ur talkin on a level of some people just get addicted to everything then i'd have to go back to Davens point and say well theres people addicted to cheeseburgers and video games annd it takes over their lives
                        [/quote]Precisely, that's why I was specific to say "some" people. Maybe it is purely those some people that it effects so negatively. We all know them--they are the ones in our groups as kids that smoked a little too much, enjoyed getting high a little too much and never materialized into much more than the auto part store delivery guy. I accept that the point can be made that with these particular people alcohol, pills, etc could of been their catalyst instead of pot-possibly.

Matt--other's like yourself are what I perceive to be extremely high functioning for a pot smoker...just sayin.
                        [/quote]

yea i guess but an alcoholic can be just as big of a lush as a pothead

also the effects of pot vs liqour. All of the drunk driving deaths, **** that happens when people black out

i'd have to say its more dangerous if your comparing the two back to back
                        [/quote]You got me there---I have never blacked out from drinking....never. I guess I don't understand that alcoholism at that level, but I have still got pretty ****ed up--hard for me to believe that one can get even more trashed than I have achieved.
                        [/quote]

i've blacked out like twice in my life</P>

I was straight thinking, market oriented conservative, then when I woke up I was a left wing, big government, anti business, entitlement believing democrat.

it was weird

[/quote]</P>

Could you drink heavily, black out again andcome back as perfectlynormal please?</P>
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that future generations wouldn't comprehend or understand or accept the actually damages of a drug like heroin[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ur really not taking into account by it being legal how generally accepted it would be

[/quote]

I am taking that into account Matt.....I think what you don't understand is that something being socially acceptable....and something being popular are completely separate issues.

It's socially acceptable for a guy to drink a "Zima" at a bar...or to order a "Fuzzy Navel" how many actually do it?

just because it becomes legal does not necessarily mean it will become more popular....you are combining the two...I am not that's the main difference.

Comment

I may come back a red sock fan like you

no way.... i'll stay

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that future generations wouldn't comprehend or understand or accept the actually damages of a drug like heroin[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am taking that into account Matt.....I think what you don't understand is that something being socially acceptable....and something being popular are completely separate issues.

It's socially acceptable for a guy to drink a "Zima" at a bar...or to order a "Fuzzy Navel" how many actually do it?

just because it becomes legal does not necessarily mean it will become more popular....you are combining the two...I am not that's the main difference.
                              [/quote]

not for nothing, i'd say men drinking fem drinks has DEFINITLY gone up from different areas of time....

not you or you boys, but have you ever seen some of these fruit bags?

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that future generations wouldn't comprehend or understand or accept the actually damages of a drug like heroin[/quote]

[/quote]

<u>I completely disagree</u>, the dangers would be WELL known.
                                [/quote]i think future generations will certainly have a better understanding of all drugs. but how can you disagree that heroin is not a moderation drug daven? heroin is highly addicting. especially the oxy and roxys and all that crap. all opiates are. look what that couple on long island did just cause they needed a fix

Comment

Working...
                                X