This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]DePizz.
    [/quote]</p>

[:@]</p>

lol, responded</p>

[/quote]</p>

Geez, I leave the thread for 45 minutes or so and it goes nowhere. I can't carry your ***** all day fellas.</p>

[/quote]typical mh tactic when hes proven wrong.
    [/quote]</p>

Dez, your claim that 10 ints were good passes off the hands of WR's is pure fantasy. To continue to argue about it is a waste of time for me. You can believe whatever you want about last season. Eli's decision making last season was horrific. Don't take my word for it. Just go back to TC's comments about how Eli needs to take more sacks and throw it away more instead of forcing it into coverage.</p>

His comments were exactly what I had been saying all off season. I'm sure though that TC is also among the "Eli haters" who are trying to keep our boy down.</p>

Live in your lttile fantasy world where Eli is the hero of every bedtime story. whatever helps you sleep at night. but my eyes are wide open.</p>[/quote]
    Yea I watched the video of all his ints. There were 2 good throws that ended up in tip ints.
    [/quote]

bottom line if the ball touches ur hands u have to make the play

sick of this new though process as to where if the receiver has to reach for it, its not his responsibility...

lol the ball got there you have t ocatch it
    [/quote]
    Two players can make a bad play on the same play. It's not black and white.

Eli assuredly did not mean for the ball to end up high and away or high and behind the receiver, so therefore the ball didn't go where he wanted it to, thus it was a mistake and bad throw by Eli. You dont think Eli gets mad at himself when the ball isn't perfectly placed?
    [/quote]

not saying that two players can't make bad plays

but it is black and white - if the balls hits your hands reasonably, like they all did, u have to make the play. I dont care if u have to reach for it
    [/quote]
    When I say it's not black and white I mean its not just either the WRs fault nor just Eli's fault.

On a vast majority of these tip ints, both Eli made a bad throw and the WRs made a bad play on the ball(they didnt catch it).

It's really that simple.
    [/quote]

it doesn't matter. Whether it was pretty or not, Eli got the ball there. WR has to make the play

its straight forward. I've never heard of this ANYWHERE else besides when theres arguments over Eli. In those situations its ALWAYS on the WRs
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][/quote]
      Malcolm Floyd? What would it take...

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

If Eli had about 3500 yards and 27 TD's or so and kept the ints under 15, we have a chance to have a good team</P>

</P>

[/quote]response to mh previous post. well which is it? you got some splaaanin to dooo.
        [/quote]</P>

these numbers are indicative a a guy who is careful with the football and isn't chucking it into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</P>

This is the Eli I want. I never want to see the Evil Eli who showed up last year.</P>
        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

If Eli had about 3500 yards and 27 TD's or so and kept the ints under 15, we have a chance to have a good team</P>

</P>

[/quote]response to mh previous post. well which is it? you got some splaaanin to dooo.
          [/quote]</P>

these numbers are indicative a a guy who is careful with the football and isn't chucking it into coverage in the face of a pass rush.</P>

This is the Eli I want. I never want to see the Evil Eli who showed up last year.</P>
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lawl"][/quote]
            Malcolm Floyd? What would it take...
            [/quote]
            pm

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol, responded</p>

[/quote]</p>

Geez, I leave the thread for 45 minutes or so and it goes nowhere. I can't carry your ***** all day fellas.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Dez, your claim that 10 ints were good passes off the hands of WR's is pure fantasy. To continue to argue about it is a waste of time for me. You can believe whatever you want about last season. Eli's decision making last season was horrific. Don't take my word for it. Just go back to TC's comments about how Eli needs to take more sacks and throw it away more instead of forcing it into coverage.</p>

His comments were exactly what I had been saying all off season. I'm sure though that TC is also among the "Eli haters" who are trying to keep our boy down.</p>

Live in your lttile fantasy world where Eli is the hero of every bedtime story. whatever helps you sleep at night. but my eyes are wide open.</p>[/quote]
              Yea I watched the video of all his ints. There were 2 good throws that ended up in tip ints.
              [/quote]

sick of this new though process as to where if the receiver has to reach for it, its not his responsibility...

[/quote]

Eli assuredly did not mean for the ball to end up high and away or high and behind the receiver, so therefore the ball didn't go where he wanted it to, thus it was a mistake and bad throw by Eli. You dont think Eli gets mad at himself when the ball isn't perfectly placed?
              [/quote]

but it is black and white - if the balls hits your hands reasonably, like they all did, u have to make the play. I dont care if u have to reach for it
              [/quote]
              When I say it's not black and white I mean its not just either the WRs fault nor just Eli's fault.

On a vast majority of these tip ints, both Eli made a bad throw and the WRs made a bad play on the ball(they didnt catch it).

It's really that simple.
              [/quote]

<font size="5">it doesn't matte</font>r. Whether it was pretty or not, Eli got the ball there. WR has to make the play

its straight forward. <font size="5">I've never heard of this ANYWHERE </font>else besides when theres arguments over Eli. In those situations its ALWAYS on the WRs
              [/quote]
              In an interview with Joe Montana, he relayed something that Bill Walsh once got mad at him for in practice.

Joe had put the ball in a spot where the WR had to slow down to catch the ball and Bill yelled at him telling him that it was a completely unacceptable throw. The ball has to be in a place where the WR can catch it and make a play after catching the ball.

This isn't HS, the ball isn't just expected to "just make it there".

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol, responded</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's really that simple.
                [/quote]

<font size="5">it doesn't matte</font>r. Whether it was pretty or not, Eli got the ball there. WR has to make the play

its straight forward. <font size="5">I've never heard of this ANYWHERE </font>else besides when theres arguments over Eli. In those situations its ALWAYS on the WRs
                [/quote]
                In an interview with Joe Montana, he relayed something that Bill Walsh once got mad at him for in practice.

Joe had put the ball in a spot where the WR had to slow down to catch the ball and Bill yelled at him telling him that it was a completely unacceptable throw. The ball has to be in a place where the WR can catch it and make a play after catching the ball.

[/quote]

the ball also has to be in a spot where the defender can't get it and the WR won't get killed.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol, responded</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's really that simple.
                  [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the ball also has to be in a spot where the defender can't get it and the WR won't get killed.

[/quote]

What happened to just making it there?

And since you used the qualifier "also" that means you are agreeing with what I said. Therefore, you also now believe Eli made a bad throw on a majority of the tip ints.

Thanks for playing.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</p>

lol, responded</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's really that simple.
                    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And since you used the qualifier "also" that means you are agreeing with what I said. Therefore, you also now believe Eli made a bad throw on a majority of the tip ints.

Thanks for playing.
                    [/quote]

i didn't think i had to lead u every step of the way but I guess i have to-

1) if the play to make every single time is hitting the receiver in stride, that obviously would go against the possibility of putting it where a defender can't get it and/or getting the WR killed - right? (EDIT: in certain situations)

2) your qoute has nothing to do with the fact that if the ball hits the receivers hands they should catch it...

also u have ZERO ****ing clue what was going on in that specific play with montana vs the fact that we actually have the youtube of eli's pics that show the balls bouncing off the players hands...

Im sure even though if the WR slowed up but dropped the ball Walsh would of REALLY **** on him

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]
                      <font size="6">
                      the ball also has to be in a spot where the defender
                      </font> can't get it and <font size="6">the WR won't get killed.</font>

[/quote]

Thanks for playing.
                      [/quote]

1) if the play to make every single time is hitting the receiver in stride, that obviously would go against the possibility of putting it where a defender can't get it and/or getting the WR killed - right?

2) your qoute has nothing to do with the fact that if the ball hits the receivers hands they should catch it...

also u have ZERO ****ing clue what was going on in that specific play with montana vs the fact that we actually have the youtube of eli's pics that show the balls bouncing off the players hands...

Im sure even though if the WR slowed up but dropped the ball Walsh would of REALLY **** on him
                      [/quote]

Where did I ever say "in stride"?

I've never said a WR shouldn't catch the ball. I HAVE said that if the ball does get to the WR it can still be qualified as a bad throw. You disagreed, Bill Walsh, however agreed with me. Walsh being mad at the WR and Joe is the equivalent of my opinion. Whereas you think it is all just on the WR.

Another tidbit I'll add-(see the bold)

Are you of the opinion that on the plays where Boss caught the ball and got demolished that it was a bad pass? Because you're definitely inferring that.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]
                        <font size="6">
                        the ball also has to be in a spot where the defender
                        </font> can't get it and <font size="6">the WR won't get killed.</font>

[/quote]

Thanks for playing.
                        [/quote]

1) if the play to make every single time is hitting the receiver in stride, that obviously would go against the possibility of putting it where a defender can't get it and/or getting the WR killed - right?

[/quote]

I've never said a WR shouldn't catch the ball. I HAVE said that if the ball does get to the WR it can still be qualified as a bad throw. You disagreed, Bill Walsh, however agreed with me. Walsh being mad at the WR and Joe is the equivalent of my opinion. Whereas you think it is all just on the WR.

Are you of the opinion that on the plays where Boss caught the ball and got demolished that it was a bad pass? Because you're definitely inferring that.

[/quote]

It obviously can be abad throw - it doesn't matter though. When the ball comes to the WR he has to make the grab. Its like Receiving 101.

Bill Walsh mentioned NOTHING about anything we're talking about. Your qouting Montana on a phantom play where you have NO clue if there were even defenders on the field or if they were in a 7 on 7 drill. A generic bland statement prove snothing for your cause.

They may not be GREAT passes but if they get to the WR at a place where only he can catch its good enough.

Sometimes **** happens, sometimes you got to get the ball to a guy you see open. Honestly I can't really remember which play ur speaking of specifically. I know Boss go thung out a couple of times..

Theres one constant when it comes to receiving the ball: If it hits your hands - you have to make the play.

I'll even say there are a few situations where that could be argued, unfortunately alot of the balls that moorehead is referring to on Eli - isn't.

Comment

osi likely to miss first 2 weeks.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lawl"]

[/quote]

It obviously can be abad throw - it doesn't matter though. When the ball comes to the WR he has to make the grab. Its like Receiving 101.

Bill Walsh mentioned NOTHING about anything we're talking about. Your qouting Montana on a phantom play where you have NO clue if there were even defenders on the field or if they were in a 7 on 7 drill. A generic bland statement prove snothing for your cause.

They may not be GREAT passes but if they get to the WR at a place where only he can catch its good enough.

Sometimes **** happens, sometimes you got to get the ball to a guy you see open. Honestly I can't really remember which play ur speaking of specifically. I know Boss go thung out a couple of times..

Theres one constant when it comes to receiving the ball: If it hits your hands - you have to make the play.

I'll even say there are a few situations where that could be argued, unfortunately alot of the balls that moorehead is referring to on Eli - isn't.
                            [/quote]

I don't know why you keep bringing up the WRs part of the ordeal. I'm well aware that they made a bad play on the ball. They touched it and dropped it. Unacceptable.

But, on these plays Eli clearly could have put the ball in a better spot, he knows it, I know it, you know it. Secondly, these throws surely do not end up where Eli wants them to be. With this known, how could you possibly qualify any of this throws as good?

I don't know why you aren't picking up what I'm saying about Walsh and why its relevant, but ill go further.

Walsh got mad at Joe Montana when the ball made it to the WR in a place that was catchable, but made him slow his route or such. Meaning the ball got there, and it was STILL a bad throw. You can apply this logic to 90% of Eli's tip ints. The balls are in a spot where even if the WR catches it, he isn't going anywhere but to the ground, but it is quite clear if a good throw is made alot of space is there for extra yards to be gained. This is why it is not a good throw by NFL standards.

Comment

so when the giants are playing a natural 4-3 and not the 3 safety formation, will grant still be free safety?

Comment

4417 you around?

Comment

Working...
                                X