X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Putting aside the whole "Eli" argument, this team was unprepared to play the Redskins yesterday. The injuries hurt without a doubt. But our offense is pretty much intact. We were not ready to play and thats on the coaching staff. One thing Matt and I do agree on (unless he goes crazy on this point too) is that TC should have been replaced before this season.</p>

I'm sick of his throwing down his clipboard or gum or whatever else on bad plays and do the proper coaching to prevent them in the first place.</p>

This isn't a smart team. This staff does not address the strenghts of each player and utilize them to the max.</p>

As Byron put it last night. These coaches are "stubborn".In my viewthey need to go. I'm afraid we will have to have a horrible season for them to make the move. This unfortunately may be that season.</p>[/quote]

i honestly have no issues with our skill position except the fact that I can't stand Cruz. enough with him.

Give Hixon or Thomas a shot. Both of them showed something this offseason - its stupid that they aren't getting real shots in the game.
    [/quote]All of Cruz's hype was based on that Pre-season game against the Jet's. He was catching bombs against defensive players who probably never made it to the nfl. Then the injury-and that get's us to present.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]"Hell, yeah, you've got to panic," Ortiz said

<DIV class=inner-container>
      <H5>Rays (81-64)</H5>

3 at Baltimore
      4 at Boston
      4 at New York (includes 1 make-up)
      3 vs. Toronto
      3 vs. New York</P>
      <H5>Red Sox (85-61)</H5>

2 vs. Toronto
      4 vs. Tampa Bay
      4 vs. Baltimore
      3 at New York
      3 at Baltimore</P>
      <H5>Yankees (88-57)</H5>
      <P class=last>3 at Seattle
      3 at Toronto
      1 vs. Minnesota (make-up)
      4 vs. Tampa Bay (includes 1 make-up)
      3 vs. Boston
      3 at Tampa Bay</P></DIV>

[/quote]</P>

Can only hope we can right the ship before its too late.</P>

The Red Sox and Giants must have the same training philosophy.</P>

Its not like the Yanks are lighting it up either. they just came off a 4 game losing streak. But right now, the Sox are playing awful.</P>
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Putting aside the whole "Eli" argument, this team was unprepared to play the Redskins yesterday. The injuries hurt without a doubt. But our offense is pretty much intact. We were not ready to play and thats on the coaching staff. One thing Matt and I do agree on (unless he goes crazy on this point too) is that TC should have been replaced before this season.</P>

I'm sick of his throwing down his clipboard or gum or whatever else on bad plays and do the proper coaching to prevent them in the first place.</P>

This isn't a smart team. This staff does not address the strenghts of each player and utilize them to the max.</P>

As Byron put it last night. These coaches are "stubborn".In my viewthey need to go. I'm afraid we will have to have a horrible season for them to make the move. This unfortunately may be that season.</P>

[/quote]

i honestly have no issues with our skill position except the fact that I can't stand Cruz. enough with him.

Give Hixon or Thomas a shot. Both of them showed something this offseason - its stupid that they aren't getting real shots in the game.
        [/quote]</P>

These coaches don't adapt. They try to fit the round players into square holes. To many talented players to not make us of them. They have far too traditional attitudes about football and have no imagination.</P>

And I'm sorry but someone.....anyone.....needs to get in Eli's grill.</P>

[/quote]

not after yesterdays game

somebody needs to get in the olines face. IT was disgraceful

its really is amusing that eli played the exact way you wanted him to and yet u still complain
        [/quote]</P>

No he didn't. He made a terrible decision on the pick. The play was broken, and he didn't adjust.</P>

Other than that, I do NOT blame Eli for the loss yesterday. I am only saying that he played as poorly as the rest of the team. We were not going to win that game no matter what Eli did. Eli is not capable of putting a team on his back. We all know that. The list of excuses by Eli Cultists proves that. He needs everybody else to play well in order to be productive. In that context, there wasn't much he could do. Because he simply isn't capable of it.</P>

[/quote]

your lack of football knowledge is showing if u think that was a bad play...

how is a play that the ball has to be released so quick be broken. The block wasn't even thrown yet. It is apparently that you have no clue what ur talking about.
        [/quote]</P>

Are you saying that the block that was never thrown wasn't thrown yet. What the hell does that mean? KMac was already on the grownd when Eli made the decision to throw the ball where he did. The DE was standing in the passing lane and the RT was on the ground.</P>

How is it Eli could have possible thought the laws of physics could be changed for that second in time. The play was busted by the time Eli made the decision and Eli threw it as if it wasn't. Exactly like he did on the Cruz play in preseason.</P>

[/quote]
        Aikman said as a QB you are counting on your lineman to make the block there. The play happens so fast that you have to release the ball immediately and again trust your lineman to do what he is supposed to. It was lucky he tipped it up to himself and caught it. That rarely happens. Eli had a split second to make a decision and did what he was supposed to do. If anything it was Kareems fault for not doing what he was supposed to.
        [/quote]</P>

Lando, the DE was standing in the passing lane at the time of the throw. The OT was on the ground. Do you want you QB throwing a ball with the hope that in the next second, the OT will make a play to chop the End? I don't. And YA tells me that there were three other routes on that play and 2 were open.</P>

I want my QB to be more careful.</P>

Comment

Pappy I just looked at that play 20 times in replay.

First off - Hall was 5 yards off Nicks and was still in his back pedal when Nicks broke back on the screen. HAD the ball got there Nicks would of had room to get by him and there was NOBODY behind him.

Secondly now only was Eli through his throwing motion but there was also pressure coming inside of Kerrigan. Had he held it or hesitated im not sure there result wouldn't of been the same because Eli didn't have time to pull it in while stopping his throwing motion. He probably would of got killed and possibly spit the bit.

I could see where in real time you might of thought Eli made a bad choice, but on the following drive they had an angle which was perfect to show what Eli could see. McKenzie didn't complete the block but from where Eli was it, may of look like he did or at least got enough of him. Kerrigan was hunched over and then exploded up. There was no way for Eli, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or ***** himself see that. You have to also figure that Eli see Kerrigan being bent over a tad and is then looking at Nicks and where Hall is coming up on him so he knows where to put the ball.

Honestly I know i got heated with u today but i feel like u say things JUST to **** me off. If you were, then mission accomplished. But now I stand behind my point 110% that it wasn't on Eli.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Putting aside the whole "Eli" argument, this team was unprepared to play the Redskins yesterday. The injuries hurt without a doubt. But our offense is pretty much intact. We were not ready to play and thats on the coaching staff. One thing Matt and I do agree on (unless he goes crazy on this point too) is that TC should have been replaced before this season.</p>

I'm sick of his throwing down his clipboard or gum or whatever else on bad plays and do the proper coaching to prevent them in the first place.</p>

This isn't a smart team. This staff does not address the strenghts of each player and utilize them to the max.</p>

As Byron put it last night. These coaches are "stubborn".In my viewthey need to go. I'm afraid we will have to have a horrible season for them to make the move. This unfortunately may be that season.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

These coaches don't adapt. They try to fit the round players into square holes. To many talented players to not make us of them. They have far too traditional attitudes about football and have no imagination.</p>

And I'm sorry but someone.....anyone.....needs to get in Eli's grill.</p>

[/quote]

its really is amusing that eli played the exact way you wanted him to and yet u still complain
            [/quote]</p>

No he didn't. He made a terrible decision on the pick. The play was broken, and he didn't adjust.</p>

Other than that, I do NOT blame Eli for the loss yesterday. I am only saying that he played as poorly as the rest of the team. We were not going to win that game no matter what Eli did. Eli is not capable of putting a team on his back. We all know that. The list of excuses by Eli Cultists proves that. He needs everybody else to play well in order to be productive. In that context, there wasn't much he could do. Because he simply isn't capable of it.</p>

[/quote]

how is a play that the ball has to be released so quick be broken. The block wasn't even thrown yet. It is apparently that you have no clue what ur talking about.
            [/quote]</p>

Are you saying that the block that was never thrown wasn't thrown yet. What the hell does that mean? KMac was already on the grownd when Eli made the decision to throw the ball where he did. The DE was standing in the passing lane and the RT was on the ground.</p>

How is it Eli could have possible thought the laws of physics could be changed for that second in time. The play was busted by the time Eli made the decision and Eli threw it as if it wasn't. Exactly like he did on the Cruz play in preseason.</p>

[/quote]
            Aikman said as a QB you are counting on your lineman to make the block there. The play happens so fast that you have to release the ball immediately and again trust your lineman to do what he is supposed to. It was lucky he tipped it up to himself and caught it. That rarely happens. Eli had a split second to make a decision and did what he was supposed to do. If anything it was Kareems fault for not doing what he was supposed to.
            [/quote]</p>

Lando, the DE was standing in the passing lane at the time of the throw. The OT was on the ground. Do you want you QB throwing a ball with the hope that in the next second, the OT will make a play to chop the End? I don't. And YA tells me that there were three other routes on that play and 2 were open.</p>

I want my QB to be more careful.</p>[/quote]

there is ALWAYS a DE there o nthat play though. The block has to be made, it wasn't. That isn't a sit and read unless its evident that the DE isn't blocked and it wasn't. Im sorry Pappy, but your assessment of the play is wrong.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Putting aside the whole "Eli" argument, this team was unprepared to play the Redskins yesterday. The injuries hurt without a doubt. But our offense is pretty much intact. We were not ready to play and thats on the coaching staff. One thing Matt and I do agree on (unless he goes crazy on this point too) is that TC should have been replaced before this season.</P>

I'm sick of his throwing down his clipboard or gum or whatever else on bad plays and do the proper coaching to prevent them in the first place.</P>

This isn't a smart team. This staff does not address the strenghts of each player and utilize them to the max.</P>

As Byron put it last night. These coaches are "stubborn".In my viewthey need to go. I'm afraid we will have to have a horrible season for them to make the move. This unfortunately may be that season.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

These coaches don't adapt. They try to fit the round players into square holes. To many talented players to not make us of them. They have far too traditional attitudes about football and have no imagination.</P>

And I'm sorry but someone.....anyone.....needs to get in Eli's grill.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

No he didn't. He made a terrible decision on the pick. The play was broken, and he didn't adjust.</P>

Other than that, I do NOT blame Eli for the loss yesterday. I am only saying that he played as poorly as the rest of the team. We were not going to win that game no matter what Eli did. Eli is not capable of putting a team on his back. We all know that. The list of excuses by Eli Cultists proves that. He needs everybody else to play well in order to be productive. In that context, there wasn't much he could do. Because he simply isn't capable of it.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Are you saying that the block that was never thrown wasn't thrown yet. What the hell does that mean? KMac was already on the grownd when Eli made the decision to throw the ball where he did. The DE was standing in the passing lane and the RT was on the ground.</P>

How is it Eli could have possible thought the laws of physics could be changed for that second in time. The play was busted by the time Eli made the decision and Eli threw it as if it wasn't. Exactly like he did on the Cruz play in preseason.</P>

[/quote]
              [/quote]</P>

Lando, the DE was standing in the passing lane at the time of the throw. The OT was on the ground. Do you want you QB throwing a ball with the hope that in the next second, the OT will make a play to chop the End? I don't. And YA tells me that there were three other routes on that play and 2 were open.</P>

I want my QB to be more careful.</P>

[/quote]

there is ALWAYS a DE there o nthat play though. The block has to be made, it wasn't. That isn't a sit and read unless its evident that the DE isn't blocked and it wasn't. Im sorry Pappy, but your assessment of the play is wrong.
              [/quote]</P>

There is no doubt that the tackle has to make that block in order for the play to be made. But it wasn't and it was unlikely to be made at the time Eli decided to throw the ball.</P>

And don't give me that nonsense about Hall. He changed directions as soon as Eli turned to throw the ball. He was on top of Nicks. Now Nicks may have been able to break the tackle, but he was there.</P>

It was a rushed play. Maybe Eli was rattled by the constant pass rush. But it was a poor decision. I'm not saying he was exclusively to blame but he should have either held the ball or throw it away.</P>

Quite hoinestly, I expect our team to practice that play enoughto make Eli make choices when it falls apart like that. If you want to blame the coaches for not having Eli prepared for that missed block, thats fine.</P>

But I don't want my QB making that play. You clearly do. But then you seem to be OK with "the gunslinger" throwing into any kind of coverage.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

As Byron put it last night. These coaches are "stubborn".In my viewthey need to go. I'm afraid we will have to have a horrible season for them to make the move. This unfortunately may be that season.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

These coaches don't adapt. They try to fit the round players into square holes. To many talented players to not make us of them. They have far too traditional attitudes about football and have no imagination.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

No he didn't. He made a terrible decision on the pick. The play was broken, and he didn't adjust.</p>

Other than that, I do NOT blame Eli for the loss yesterday. I am only saying that he played as poorly as the rest of the team. We were not going to win that game no matter what Eli did. Eli is not capable of putting a team on his back. We all know that. The list of excuses by Eli Cultists proves that. He needs everybody else to play well in order to be productive. In that context, there wasn't much he could do. Because he simply isn't capable of it.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Are you saying that the block that was never thrown wasn't thrown yet. What the hell does that mean? KMac was already on the grownd when Eli made the decision to throw the ball where he did. The DE was standing in the passing lane and the RT was on the ground.</p>

How is it Eli could have possible thought the laws of physics could be changed for that second in time. The play was busted by the time Eli made the decision and Eli threw it as if it wasn't. Exactly like he did on the Cruz play in preseason.</p>

[/quote]
                [/quote]</p>

Lando, the DE was standing in the passing lane at the time of the throw. The OT was on the ground. Do you want you QB throwing a ball with the hope that in the next second, the OT will make a play to chop the End? I don't. And YA tells me that there were three other routes on that play and 2 were open.</p>

I want my QB to be more careful.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

There is no doubt that the tackle has to make that block in order for the play to be made. But it wasn't and it was unlikely to be made at the time Eli decided to throw the ball.</p>

And don't give me that nonsense about Hall. He changed directions as soon as Eli turned to throw the ball. He was on top of Nicks. Now Nicks may have been able to break the tackle, but he was there.</p>

It was a rushed play. Maybe Eli was rattled by the constant pass rush. But it was a poor decision. I'm not saying he was exclusively to blame but he should have either held the ball or throw it away.</p>

Quite hoinestly, I expect our team to practice that play enoughto make Eli make choices when it falls apart like that. If you want to blame the coaches for not having Eli prepared for that missed block, thats fine.</p>

But I don't want my QB making that play. You clearly do. But then you seem to be OK with "the gunslinger" throwing into any kind of coverage.</p>[/quote]

Well your wrong , the play was ran 2 other times that game and it was a great play by Kerrigan and bad play by McKenzie wayyyyyy before it was on eli..

Hall changed directions after Nicks had to steps working back to the ball when he was already giving a 5 yard cushion.

there wasn't a rattle... thats the play that was called and designed. It looked like McKenzie had him, he just didn't. You have to have faith that when ur lineman has position hes going to make the block. You have to be able to look at the WR and the corner behind him.

This is why I call you a troll.

The play didn't fall apart, it was there. There was a block that wasn't completed, it was engaged and the ball was in the process of being thrown in under 2 seconds. You really are being just ignorant about this.

I don't get what u mean? Do I want my QB getting the ball to Nicks who has room and can make a move on a CB and then run for 40 yards? Yea i do.

At the time of the play when Eli has to judge whether McKenzie was going to make the block, it looked like he was.

That had nothing to do with the gunslinger aspect of Eli. But the deeper balls to Ballard, Mario, and Nicks were very gunslingerish

Comment

Matt, I admire your dedication to diligently researching game tape to prove your point. lol</P>
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Chiefs safety Eric Berry will miss the rest of the 2011 season after tearing his ACL

Matt Stafford is going to have a field day next week []

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

Matt, I admire your dedication to diligently researching game tape to prove your point. lol</p>[/quote]

if theres one thing i learned: The Tape doesn't lie

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Chiefs safety Eric Berry will miss the rest of the 2011 season after tearing his ACL

[/quote]

lol its annoying u have him too

but that does excite me

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]
                          [/quote]</p>

I want my QB to be more careful.</p>[/quote]I have no problem with a little more care in Eli's decisions.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Chiefs safety Eric Berry will miss the rest of the 2011 season after tearing his ACL

[/quote]

lol its annoying u have him too

but that does excite me
                            [/quote]</P>

This is good news for Rivers too.</P>

Stafford might be a top 5 QB this season. Butyou may want to pick up Sean Hill just in case.</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Pappy I just looked at that play 20 times in replay.

First off - Hall was 5 yards off Nicks and was still in his back pedal when Nicks broke back on the screen. HAD the ball got there Nicks would of had room to get by him and there was NOBODY behind him.

Secondly now only was Eli through his throwing motion but there was also pressure coming inside of Kerrigan. Had he held it or hesitated im not sure there result wouldn't of been the same because Eli didn't have time to pull it in while stopping his throwing motion. He probably would of got killed and possibly spit the bit.

I could see where in real time you might of thought Eli made a bad choice, but on the following drive they had an angle which was perfect to show what Eli could see. McKenzie didn't complete the block but from where Eli was it, may of look like he did or at least got enough of him. Kerrigan was hunched over and then exploded up. There was no way for Eli, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, or ***** himself see that. You have to also figure that Eli see Kerrigan being bent over a tad and is then looking at Nicks and where Hall is coming up on him so he knows where to put the ball.

Honestly I know i got heated with u today but i feel like u say things JUST to **** me off. If you were, then mission accomplished. But now I stand behind my point 110% that it wasn't on Eli.
                              [/quote]That is impressive. Thanks for taking the time. Your a great resource.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]ok found matchup---

What's up with projected and actual. Yesterday I thought my projected was my actual and today it's not? ....and I'm in finance-scary.
                                [/quote]</p>

Well that shows your statring lineup and the projected points (projected doesn't mean much, its Yahoo's opinion). But you can only adjust your lineup on your "My Team"screen. thats shows all the players (starters and bench) on your team. The only change you can make now is Hagen for Branch since neither player has started yet.</p>

[/quote]OK-Hagan &amp; Branch--Because my limit for the week is 3 TOTAL wr's correct? So--I used up my 2 TOTAL rb's with Charles and Torain(cause I'm an idiot) and I cannot add anymore rb's for week#1, Correct?
                                [/quote]</p>

that's right. once that person's game happens, that slot is locked till next week.
                                LT, I thought we went over this last week!! Always play your best matchup, and hope for the best! There's no player swapping.</p>

[/quote]We did--You tried to tell me...I was thinking something else.
                                [/quote]</p>

Don't fret it LT. We will check with you over the week to make sure you have the starters you want for week 2.</p>[/quote][Y]

Comment

Working...
                                X