X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]
    i think a record was broken on the amount of 300 yard games by QBs in one week yestreday
    [/quote]</P>

I think 554 is the record. Van Brocklin?</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]The 99-yard play, completed with 5:44 left, is an NFL record (no one can throw a 100-yard TD pass) and set team and Monday Night Football passing records for Brady. This from :

http://www.thesunchronicle.com/artic...s/10174683.txt

So many records set last night, it's hard to find them all in 1 media source.
      [/quote]</P>

yea but it just ties a record, b/c it's been done before.

That play was terrible for Miami.
      Obvious passing play, nobody in the backfield next to or behind brady. 4 WRs and a TE lined up to the side of the line, and nobody in the 2ndary? It was going to be a 3 dropstep quick pass. so ridiculously obvious, and NO coverage lol.</P>
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly i think there was a good shot they were gone this past season if not for the lockout

If they under acheive again this year - they better be gone. I would of got rid of them after 09
        [/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</p>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</p>

yea honestly, with the amount of talent on this team, winning the division should be the every year expectation, and isn't even that lofty of an expectation in my eyes. it should be what happens.
        So I agree with that....
        You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>[/quote]vote for Fisher in 2012[/quote]

i think cowher is the writing on the wall

but i really don't want to run a 3-4

but i do want my corners playing press
        [/quote]Could be time for the Cowher avatar again?
        [/quote]

lol

ya know as much as i like Cowher, im not sure hes not just as stubborn

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

i think a record was broken on the amount of 300 yard games by QBs in one week yestreday
          [/quote]</p>

I think 554 is the record. Van Brocklin?</p>[/quote]

lol reread what i said, u misread

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly i think there was a good shot they were gone this past season if not for the lockout

If they under acheive again this year - they better be gone. I would of got rid of them after 09
            [/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</p>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</p>

yea honestly, with the amount of talent on this team, winning the division should be the every year expectation, and isn't even that lofty of an expectation in my eyes. it should be what happens.
            So I agree with that....
            You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>

[/quote]vote for Fisher in 2012[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</p>

But what the hell.</p>

Fisher</p>

Gruden</p>

Cowher</p>[/quote]

i dont think I want Gruden

to be honest, for a QB coach he did a horrible job in TB and got lucky with Gannon in Oakland

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"]Of course...The only Boston team I don't root for.

Brady is everything a QB needs to be. The guy is flat out great.</p>

Right now, Rodgers, Rivers, Brees all take a back seat.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I also find it pretty awesome that after 10 years, he's still tops. And hedoes it effortlessly. It's like we quickly forgot he was MVP last year b/c they didn't win anything. Do you think last night pushes them to AFC favorite? Call me crazy, but even the Jets corners can't stop what was going on in Miami last night. 2 tight ends totally dominating every spot on the field. How do you matchup against 2 TEs, and 3 good WRs??? Youcan't!Welker looked awesome also too might I add.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I was actually very surprised at how poor they were on defense. But BB should probably light a fire under them.</p>

Offense? Pretty friggin awesome. How about those two TE's. I'd take either one of them.</p>[/quote]

really? I dont really see anything on their defense but a DLine on the decline but still legit and Mayo the Monster. Their secondary is awful.

Comment

lol

[/quote]</P>

Don't like him at all....never have, never will. Rather have Fisher if that's the case...and like I said, I don't like him at all either lol</P>
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

So I agree with that....
                  You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>[/quote]vote for Fisher in 2012[/quote]

[/quote]

lol

[/quote]oh -he's the definition of stubborn. However--he always appeared to have a repor(sp?) with his players...congratulatory on the sidelines, etc. I don't really see that with TC.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

I think 554 is the record. Van Brocklin?</P>

[/quote]

lol reread what i said, u misread
                    [/quote]</P>

no i know...i just quoted the wrong post. my bad</P>
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</P>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</P>

So I agree with that....
                      You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</P>

But what the hell.</P>

Fisher</P>

Gruden</P>

Cowher</P>

[/quote]

to be honest, for a QB coach he did a horrible job in TB and got lucky with Gannon in Oakland
                      [/quote]</P>

Ironic. He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. Not sure about the other two.</P>

I think my first choice would be Fisher.</P>

Quite honestly, the stubborness of TC is so horrible, it is crippling this team. His rediculous loyalty to his staff. He essentially had to be threatened to fire both Tim Lewis and Sheridan. His loyalty to KG is killing this offense. There is no imagination. No originality and no creativity on this entire team.</P>

Its a team that is stuck in the mud. Stuck in the past. We are standing still while the rest of the NFL is passing us by. It will be our undoing.</P>

But lets stick to "the plan".</P>
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

So I agree with that....
                        You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</p>

But what the hell.</p>

Fisher</p>

Gruden</p>

Cowher</p>[/quote]

[/quote]I have always wondered about that SB he won vs Oakland. It was the year after he left Oakland right? I know things change drastically in a short year in the nfl....but it just seemed like the Tampa Defense knew every move Oakland was going to make. It was uncanny.

Comment

idk about that with Gruden, Matt....it's not like he was ever given a decent QB to start with. But at the same time, I think he's more of a total package than Cowher(and clearly more personable), and that by itself puts him ahead of Fisher on my list.
                          No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs. The opposite.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</P>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</P>

So I agree with that....
                            You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</P>

But what the hell.</P>

Fisher</P>

Gruden</P>

Cowher</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]I have always wondered about that SB he won vs Oakland. It was the year after he left Oakland right? I know things change drastically in a short year in the nfl....but it just seemed like the Tampa Defense knew every move Oakland was going to make. It was uncanny.
                            [/quote]</P>

Because they did.</P>

Gruden drew up all the offensive plays that the Raiders were using. </P>

</P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]idk about that with Gruden, Matt....it's not like he was ever given a decent QB to start with. But at the same time, I think he's more of a total package than Cowher(and clearly more personable), and that by itself puts him ahead of Fisher on my list.
                                No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs. The opposite.[/quote]</P>

Let me explain why Gruden will be a bad fit here. </P>

As you all know I have lived in the Tampa area for a few years now (Originally from NY)</P>

So I got to see Gruden's Tampa teams. </P>

He alienates fan favorites, if your not a Gruden guy you will either rot on the bench, or he will trade you. </P>

The fans hate him down here, and so do most of his former players. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

Working...
                                X