This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE SWAG THREAD

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly i think there was a good shot they were gone this past season if not for the lockout

If they under acheive again this year - they better be gone. I would of got rid of them after 09
    [/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</p>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</p>

yea honestly, with the amount of talent on this team, winning the division should be the every year expectation, and isn't even that lofty of an expectation in my eyes. it should be what happens.
    So I agree with that....
    You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>

[/quote]vote for Fisher in 2012[/quote]

i think cowher is the writing on the wall

but i really don't want to run a 3-4

but i do want my corners playing press
    [/quote]Could be time for the Cowher avatar again?
    [/quote]</p>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</p>

But what the hell.</p>

Fisher</p>

Gruden</p>

Cowher</p>

[/quote]

i dont think I want Gruden

to be honest, for a QB coach he did a horrible job in TB and got lucky with Gannon in Oakland
    [/quote]I have always wondered about that SB he won vs Oakland. It was the year after he left Oakland right? I know things change drastically in a short year in the nfl....but it just seemed like the Tampa Defense knew every move Oakland was going to make. It was uncanny.
    [/quote]</p>

Because they did.</p>

Gruden drew up all the offensive plays that the Raiders were using. </p>

</p>[/quote]I always believed that.

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

[quote user="JPizzack"]idk about that with Gruden, Matt....it's not like he was ever given a decent QB to start with. But at the same time, I think he's more of a total package than Cowher(and clearly more personable), and that by itself puts him ahead of Fisher on my list.
      No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs. The opposite.[/quote]</P>

Let me explain why Gruden will be a bad fit here. </P>

As you all know I have lived in the Tampa area for a few years now (Originally from NY)</P>

So I got to see Gruden's Tampa teams. </P>

He alienates fan favorites, if your not a Gruden guy you will either rot on the bench, or he will trade you. </P>

The fans hate him down here, and so do most of his former players. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Yeah I think Gruden isa natural born broadcaster.</P>
      It's not Eli's fault....It's the chemtrails!!!!

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]I have always wondered about that SB he won vs Oakland. It was the year after he left Oakland right? I know things change drastically in a short year in the nfl....but it just seemed like the Tampa Defense knew every move Oakland was going to make. It was uncanny.
        [/quote]</P>

Wasn't Gruden traded to TB for Sapp? lol</P>
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]honestly i think there was a good shot they were gone this past season if not for the lockout

If they under acheive again this year - they better be gone. I would of got rid of them after 09
          [/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</p>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</p>

yea honestly, with the amount of talent on this team, winning the division should be the every year expectation, and isn't even that lofty of an expectation in my eyes. it should be what happens.
          So I agree with that....
          You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</p>

[/quote]</p>

But what the hell.</p>

Fisher</p>

Gruden</p>

Cowher</p>

[/quote]

to be honest, for a QB coach he did a horrible job in TB and got lucky with Gannon in Oakland
          [/quote]</p>

Ironic. He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. Not sure about the other two.</p>

I think my first choice would be Fisher.</p>

Quite honestly, the stubborness of TC is so horrible, it is crippling this team. His rediculous loyalty to his staff. He essentially had to be threatened to fire both Tim Lewis and Sheridan. His loyalty to KG is killing this offense. There is no imagination. No originality and no creativity on this entire team.</p>

Its a team that is stuck in the mud. Stuck in the past. We are standing still while the rest of the NFL is passing us by. It will be our undoing.</p>

But lets stick to "the plan".</p>[/quote]

u've really lost your mind if u think Gruden or Fisher would get rid of Eli. ANy coach for that matter.

You know I dont like Gilbride, but I dont feel like he was even an issue yesterday. It all came down to the OLine for me for the lack of offenses production.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

So I agree with that....

[/quote]</p>

But what the hell.</p>

Fisher</p>

Gruden</p>

Cowher</p>[/quote]

[/quote]I have always wondered about that SB he won vs Oakland. It was the year after he left Oakland right? I know things change drastically in a short year in the nfl....but it just seemed like the Tampa Defense knew every move Oakland was going to make. It was uncanny.
            [/quote]

he did, he played against his players and his system. Oakland had no shot

Comment

I don't know if this is true. You know the Water slide at Atlantis-Bahamas? They are saying that a reef shark jumped out of it's tank and ended up in the slide where the people are.

The slide is designed to go thru the shark tank, so you can view the sharks on either side of you as you ride the slide.

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]idk about that with Gruden, Matt....it's not like he was ever given a decent QB to start with. But at the same time, I think he's more of a total package than Cowher(and clearly more personable), and that by itself puts him ahead of Fisher on my list.
                No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs. The opposite.[/quote]

but thats the thing, he never drafted one. He always went with these middle of the road vets and Chris Simms and Shaun King lol

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="ny06"]

No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs. The opposite.[/quote]</p>

Let me explain why Gruden will be a bad fit here. </p>

As you all know I have lived in the Tampa area for a few years now (Originally from NY)</p>

So I got to see Gruden's Tampa teams. </p>

He alienates fan favorites, if your not a Gruden guy you will either rot on the bench, or he will trade you. </p>

The fans hate him down here, and so do most of his former players. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Yeah I think Gruden isa natural born broadcaster.</p>[/quote]

and hes great at it. Love when he takes shots at Jaws

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="sharick88"][quote user="byron"]

[/quote] I've wanted him gone for so long now its not even funny...At this point I feel like the end is near...in the mean time I'll root for this teamlike I've done forever...</P>

[/quote] KG and TC both should be donezo if we stink it up this season. Anything less than a playoff win will be a failed season according to Management[/quote]</P>

So I agree with that....
                    You know they are going to use the injury excuse. Owners just need to stop being hesistant and pull the plug if this ship sinks. It happens to good coaches all the time....Coughlin's time is just over, it doesn't take away what he was able to do here in the past. Still find it hard to believe he's still here really, same goes for gilbride.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Pretty horrible to talk about replacements at HC after one game.</P>

But what the hell.</P>

Fisher</P>

Gruden</P>

Cowher</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Ironic. He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. Not sure about the other two.</P>

I think my first choice would be Fisher.</P>

Quite honestly, the stubborness of TC is so horrible, it is crippling this team. His rediculous loyalty to his staff. He essentially had to be threatened to fire both Tim Lewis and Sheridan. His loyalty to KG is killing this offense. There is no imagination. No originality and no creativity on this entire team.</P>

Its a team that is stuck in the mud. Stuck in the past. We are standing still while the rest of the NFL is passing us by. It will be our undoing.</P>

But lets stick to "the plan".</P>

[/quote]

u've really lost your mind if u think Gruden or Fisher would get rid of Eli. ANy coach for that matter.

You know I dont like Gilbride, but I dont feel like he was even an issue yesterday. It all came down to the OLine for me for the lack of offenses production.

[/quote]</P>

Your reading skills lately are falling apart. I said that Gruden would definately keep Eli. And I don't think a guy like Fisher would dump Eli. But I would suggest almost any new head coach would want his own stamp on the team. That would probably mean drafting a QB early or bringing in a vet to compete. Not a paper tiger like Carr.</P>

Don't kid yourself Matt, most solid NFL guys aren't as high on Eli as you are. You may or may not be right about Eli, but either way you are in the minority.</P>

Comment

He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <font size="6">Not sure about the other two.

<font size="3">my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

No coach is going to look to get rid of a superbowl QB.

Actually, they are. Stop listening to talking heads on ESPN.
                      </font></font>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <FONT size=6>Not sure about the other two.

<FONT size=3>my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

</FONT></FONT>[/quote]</P>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </P>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</P>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <font size="6">Not sure about the other two.

<font size="3">my comment still stands, your out of your mind. I read exactly what you said.

</font></font>[/quote]</p>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </p>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</p>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</p>[/quote]

well then u really have no basis for saying that cuz I listen to it prety much 8 hours a day.

I dont like when bull**** pours out of ur mouth. I miss the honest and logical thinking pappy

this "new" you is unbecoming

Comment

No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, <u>cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs.</u> The opposite.[/quote]i dont know about that. people make to much out of this. this team NEEDS a kick in the *** after this sunday. its unfortunate that tc gets the blame for horrible play calling when he doesnt even call the plays, but the buck stops with him.

i would love cowher or gruden, but i really dont want to change to a 3-4 as matt said. it would be a sin with this line.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="JPizzack"]idk about that with Gruden, Matt....it's not like he was ever given a decent QB to start with. But at the same time, I think he's more of a total package than Cowher(and clearly more personable), and that by itself puts him ahead of Fisher on my list.
                              No real reasoning, I just think he's the best fit, <u>cuz I think it's as opposite of Coughlin as you can get, and I think that's what the team needs.</u> The opposite.[/quote]i dont know about that. people make to much out of this. this team NEEDS a kick in the *** after this sunday. its unfortunate that tc gets the blame for horrible play calling when he doesnt even call the plays, but the buck stops with him.

i would love cowher or gruden, but i really dont want to change to a 3-4 as matt said. it would be a sin with this line.
                              [/quote]

Its coughlin decision to let GIlbride to continue with his way sthough, so it is on him

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]He's the one guy who would definately keep Eli. <font size="6">Not sure about the other two.

</font></font>[/quote]</p>

I never watch ESPN. I'm an NFL Sirius guy myself. </p>

Eli was a SB QB 4 years ago. He's a good player but if the team collapses (which is a distinct possibility) all positions have to be reviewed. If you don't think that a new coach is going to be absolutely convinced that Eli is the QB of the future for the Giants, the guy he would attach his future as a coach to, you are dreaming.</p>

Stop drinking the koolaid Matt and look at the real world.</p>[/quote]mh, if you think cowher or gruden(whos said multiple times he would LOVE to coach eli) would look for a new qb youre out of your ****ing mind. maybe for depth behind carr. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X