Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]daven used to piss everone off in tagf. i miss those days....
    [/quote]</p>

do you remember when i first posted that modern science article in a post called "@Daven" describing how a taller, heavier male of similar atheltic ability should be faster on foot than his shorter counterpart?
    It sparked that first50 page debate: AB vs BJ</p>[/quote]

1 he lost

the best part was "I bet if you ask Bradshaw, he'd tell you Jacobs is faster"

then we actually got somebody to ask Bradshaw and he gave a crazy look and said defintly me
    [/quote]

of course bradshaw would say he's faster...he's still not, in a 100 yard sprint Jacobs would definitely win, it's common sense...his strides are longer....and there 40 times were almost identical.

if you assume Bradshaw is faster off the blocks (which he is) then that means in 40 Yards Jacobs made up the difference (since their times are extremely close) over 100 Yards Jacobs would definitely pull ahead...it's not a question...and he's left people like Donte Whitner and other fast safties/CB's in the dust without a chance in hell of catching him enough times to prove it.....Ya'll just BJ haters always have been it's cool though.

Claim your argument "wins" like you always have...that's what you do when you run out of evidence of your claims.
    [/quote]it doesnt matter if bj is taller, bradshaw can move his legs faster because hes smaller and doesnt weigh as much. if it was a 20 yard sprint possibly

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"]daven used to piss everone off in tagf. i miss those days....
      [/quote]</p>

do you remember when i first posted that modern science article in a post called "@Daven" describing how a taller, heavier male of similar atheltic ability should be faster on foot than his shorter counterpart?
      It sparked that first50 page debate: AB vs BJ</p>[/quote]

1 he lost

the best part was "I bet if you ask Bradshaw, he'd tell you Jacobs is faster"

then we actually got somebody to ask Bradshaw and he gave a crazy look and said defintly me
      [/quote]

<font size="6">of course bradshaw would say he's faster...h</font>e's still not, in a 100 yard sprint Jacobs would definitely win, it's common sense...his strides are longer....and there 40 times were almost identical.

if you assume Bradshaw is faster off the blocks (which he is) then that means in 40 Yards Jacobs made up the difference (since their times are extremely close) over 100 Yards Jacobs would definitely pull ahead...it's not a question...and he's left people like Donte Whitner and other fast safties/CB's in the dust without a chance in hell of catching him enough times to prove it.....Ya'll just BJ haters always have been it's cool though.

Claim your argument "wins" like you always have...that's what you do when you run out of evidence for your claims.

PS: the sad reality is that the THEE THREAD has pulled me away from TAGF....people here have over time gotten used to my troll attempts and kinda know when I'm serious and when I'm not so the Epic troll threads never happen anymore....
      [/quote]

that isn't what u were saying at the time
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]it doesnt matter if bj is taller, bradshaw can move his legs faster because hes smaller and doesnt weigh as much. if it was a 20 yard sprint possibly
        [/quote]

it's exactly the opposite, if it was a 20 yard sprint Bradshaw would blow Jacobs out of the water....the LONGER the distance the more longer strides take effect...

Jacobs would have won in a 100 yard sprint back then, and would still win now...there is a reason most of the most successful sprinters are all Tall dudes (look at Bolt for example) Taller people with longer strides are faster...especially over moderate distances (when you get to marathons it's more about pacing and training and less about physical size)

Bradshaws obviously more Agile....but in terms of pure speed over a 100 yard distance he never has been and probably never will be faster then Jacobs....it's not even close...and it's common sense.

Comment

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I CAUSED IT AGAIN!!!!!
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]it doesnt matter if bj is taller, bradshaw can move his legs faster because hes smaller and doesnt weigh as much. if it was a 20 yard sprint possibly
            [/quote]

it's exactly the opposite, if it was a 20 yard sprint Bradshaw would blow Jacobs out of the water....the LONGER the distance the more longer strides take effect...

Jacobs would have won in a 100 yard sprint back then, and would still win now...there is a reason most of the most successful sprinters are all <u>Tall dudes (look at Bolt for example) Taller people with longer strides are faster...especially over moderate distances (when you get to marathons it's more about pacing and training and less about physical size)</u>

Bradshaws obviously more Agile....but in terms of pure speed over a 100 yard distance he never has been and probably never will be faster then Jacobs....it's not even close...and it's common sense.
            [/quote]i agree with that, BUT those "tall dudes" arent 260

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="dezzzR"]it doesnt matter if bj is taller, bradshaw can move his legs faster because hes smaller and doesnt weigh as much. if it was a 20 yard sprint possibly
              [/quote]

Jacobs would have won in a 100 yard sprint back then, and would still win now...there is a reason most of the most successful sprinters are all Tall dudes (look at Bolt for example) Taller people with longer strides are faster...especially over moderate distances (when you get to marathons it's more about pacing and training and less about physical size)

[/quote]

the closest Jacobs would come is in the 40.. he won't maintain the speed for the 100 or have a quick enough burst out the gate for the 20

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/09/...for-something/
                Baas smiles about Manning’s pranks, which have included hiding the
                center’s uniform pants in a teammate’s locker, <u>spitting sunflower seeds
                all over him and throwing footballs at his head when he’s not looking.</u>

lol
                [/quote]Eli's a prankster? Never woulda thought that.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote]</P>

Does your avatar text refer to the Gmen Bandwagon? hahaha</P>
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that isn't what u were saying at the time[/quote]

you are right, at the time I thought it was so obvious that even Bradshaw would admit to it...I was wrong on the Bradshaw admitting it part...but it's still obvious...Jacobs in a 100 Yard sprint will obviously be faster.

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/new-york-giants-rb.html

go there it's a site that compares BJ/AB and even Danny Ware..who by the way is hands down faster then both of them.

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I CAUSED IT AGAIN!!!!![/quote]Remember that time JP brought the debate back to life? hahaha

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="JPizzack"]MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! I CAUSED IT AGAIN!!!!![/quote]Remember that time JP brought the debate back to life? hahaha
                        [/quote]</P>

I feel like I do this once a year lol</P>
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]the closest Jacobs would come is in the 40.. he won't maintain the speed for the 100 or have a quick enough burst out the gate for the 20[/quote]

Dude...it doesn't matter when it comes to the actual game, football speed is different then 40 times and shuttle tests and that crap, but when it comes to those tests Bradshaw just isn't fast man....that's not what he is...he's agile not fast.

he was 4.55 on his 40, Jacobs was 4.56.....1 thousandth of a second...and Bradshaw obviously got off the starting line faster...takes less for him to get started....so Jacobs "caught up" by 40 yards...it's common sense he will continue to gain speed on Bradshaw as the race goes on...

yes to a point....maybe Jacobs has less endurance...who knows...the point is that over 100 yards neither of them is going to run out of steam...the are Running Backs a 100 yard sprint is nothing to them.

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][/quote]</p>

Does your avatar text refer to the Gmen Bandwagon? hahaha</p>[/quote]

goddamn right it does

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]i agree with that, BUT those "tall dudes" arent 260
                              [/quote]

ok and the short dudes that they up against aren't 210 like Bradshaw....Bradshaw and Jacobs are both "thick" for their size...

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]that isn't what u were saying at the time[/quote]

you are right, at the time I thought it was so obvious that even Bradshaw would admit to it...I was wrong on the Bradshaw admitting it part...but it's still obvious...Jacobs in a 100 Yard sprint will obviously be faster.

http://40-yard-dash-times.com/new-york-giants-rb.html

go there it's a site that compares BJ/AB and even Danny Ware..who by the way is hands down faster then both of them.
                                [/quote]

that link only shows Jacobs numbers for everything

Danny Ware is def the slowest out of the bunch

Comment

Working...
                                X