Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

The 400-yard passing game has become the norm, just another ho-hum passing number. With Eli Manning going for 420 yards and Matt Schaub
    going for 416 on Sunday, there have now been ten 400-yard passing games
    this season, by far the most ever through five weeks, and the
    fourth-most for any single season in NFL history.</p>

There were thirteen 400-yard games in 1986 and in 2004, and eleven in
    2010. The 2011 season could break the all-time record by next Sunday.</p>

Yes, that’s right. There’s a real chance that by Week Six of 2011,
    we’ll have seen more 400-yard passing days in one season than we had
    ever seen in any one season in NFL history.</p>

There are a lot of explanations floated for this, ranging from a
    wealth of talented quarterbacks and wide receivers, to rules changes, to
    the lockout having defenses playing catchup this year. But there’s
    little doubt that by the end of this year, we’ll have seen more 400-yard
    passing games than in any previous season.</p>[/quote] Nice info--

Comment

[quote user="ny06"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

Phillips was flagged for unnecessary roughness for a hit on Seahawks tight end Zach Miller on Sunday, and he says he’s expecting to get fined as well — even though he says the on-field officials told him they know he wasn’t going for Miller’s head.</p>

“The refs said I didn’t hit him in the head, I just launched at him. I guess I’m just gonna have to accept the penalty,” Phillips said.</p>

On the play in question, Phillips did appear to be aiming shoulder-to-shoulder rather than helmet-to-helmet. However, he also left his feet to hit Miller, while Miller’s hand was outstretched to reach for a pass over his head, at a time when Miller couldn’t protect himself. That’s why the flag was thrown and the fine is forthcoming.</p>

“I was just trying to make a play,” Phillips said. “I saw the ball was out there and I thought I could get to the ball, so I just tried to separate him from it.”</p>

Miller left the game with an apparent concussion. Phillips has already been fined $10,000 this season for a hit to the head or neck area, so he’ll likely get an even bigger fine as a repeat offender.</p>

[/quote]</p>

The No Fun League strikes again. </p>[/quote]It was a beautiful knock the taste outa ya mouth pop. I loved it, I was screaming!

Comment

The guy in the last row on the right just swallowed a fistfull of hallucinogenics and chased them with the orange juice.

Comment

yeaaa, we lost to the seahawks

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]yeaaa, we lost to the seagulls
            [/quote]

Comment

JP's leisure Diving gone wrong! lol

Comment

someone else is looking at reddit i see.

Comment

Had we won today this thread would be bangin. We are all too pissed.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Had we won today this thread would be bangin. We are all too pissed.
                    [/quote]</P>

Ifear its gunna get uglier in the next several weeks. This has the feel of the 03 season.</P>
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Had we won today this thread would be bangin. We are all too pissed.
                      [/quote]</p>

Ifear its gunna get uglier in the next several weeks. This has the feel of the 03 season.</p>[/quote]I sincerely hope not. It does have an ominous feel to it. But Stuff can happen-other teams can suffer injuries too.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</p>

Ifear its gunna get uglier in the next several weeks. This has the feel of the 03 season.</p>[/quote]
                        You better not be a debbie downer next week. I don't want to have to hold you the whole game. We will beat Buffalo. They will miss a game tying FG wide right at the end.

Comment

<div class="report">

Giants RG Chris Snee (concussion) has been released from the hospital.</p>
                          </div>
                          <div class="impact">
                          As has LS Zak DeOssie (concussion). Snee has been
                          "sent home to rest." The three-time Pro Bowler will likely miss his
                          first game since 2004 when the Giants host the Bills this weekend. The
                          Giants' running game could take a hit. Jim Cordle, signed off the
                          practice squad just six days ago, is in line to start.

[:|]

We will need the Gunslinger this weekend. Vick got killed by the Buffalo blitz and they got their hands on lots of balls. Buffalo D will be a hot fantasy pick up this week unfortunately.
                          </div>

Comment

I really don't have this dubious/ominous/angry feeling the rest of ya'll do, it's funny, I seem to be the opposite of you guys a lot, when you are all excited I'm worried, when you are all worried I'm excited.

I think Victor Cruz really showed that he can be something big, maybe even a better slot option then Steve Smith was for us in a year or two, I REALLY like out passing game....we just need to get a consistent running game (which we had before so it shouldn't be "that" difficult) and our Offense will be really powerful, our D is still very good compared to other D's around the league...we still have perhaps the best D-line in the NFL.

Comment

[/quote]id still be mad. we look like **** against ****ty teams.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]I really don't have this dubious/ominous/angry feeling the rest of ya'll do, it's funny, I seem to be the opposite of you guys a lot, when you are all excited I'm worried, when you are all worried I'm excited.

I think Victor Cruz really showed that he can be something big, maybe even a better slot option then Steve Smith was for us in a year or two, I REALLY like out passing game....we just need to get a consistent running game (which we had before so it shouldn't be "that" difficult) and our Offense will be really powerful, our D is still very good compared to other D's around the league...we still have perhaps the best D-line in the NFL.
                                [/quote] I'm actually not angry either there are some good things happening Cruz..the tight end playing well, ect...this team can win when they play mistake free football...I think the problem was the pink socks allbeit was for a good cause...

Comment

Working...
                                X