Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I completely agree. Joe Pa had a larger obligation. And I don't care if he's a mascot or not.[/quote]

Ridiculous.

the person who heard a story from some random janitor has a larger moral obligation to seek justice then the janitor who witnesses the act himself?

you are either Trolling or you've become temporarily insane.
    [/quote]</p>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</p>

</p>[/quote]

yea the people who are suppose to handle these things didn't. Notice JP wasn't in cuffs?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]I completely agree. Joe Pa had a larger obligation. And I don't care if he's a mascot or not.[/quote]

Ridiculous.

the person who heard a story from some random janitor has a larger moral obligation to seek justice then the janitor who witnesses the act himself?

[/quote]</P>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</P>

</P>

[/quote]

And I'm not saying that's wrong, what I'm saying is that it's worse not to do anything about something you SAW then not to do something about a story you heard from someone....

and don't give me he went to Joe Pa....that's not enough...he was right in doing that but wrong in not going further, he should have stopped it then in there or should have went to the cops...without doing either of those things he's in the wrong...morally, and more so then Joe Pa.
      [/quote]</P>

Obviously not. Since Joe Pa passed it along like an email forward.</P>

Maybe he expected more from the most important man in PSU history.</P>
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="DavenIII"]Joe Pa probably handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints just like this during his tenure.[/quote]
        Really? Handled hundreds if not thousands of complaints like the DC raping a young boy in the shower.

LMAO, and I'm not the sensible one.
        [/quote]

no but im suuuuure hes dealt with MANNNNNY Rape cases with players...

i think he was speaking in general. Any type of legal situation with his team and staff has been handled the same way
        [/quote]

Exactly....It may not have been the DC....but how many women in the college do you think claimed the star QB or RB raped them...or was the bady daddy or whatever man....Joe Pa. has had to deal with these issues for years and years and years....and they are dealt with the same way...passed along.

but when you SEE something lando...when you see it, the standards on how far you are willing to go are different.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Penn St. head football coach Joe Paterno
          just announced that he will retire at the end of the current football
          season ... calling the child molestation scandal, "one of the great
          sorrows of my life" and saying, "I wish I had done more."

Paterno
          released a statement saying, "I am absolutely devastated by the
          developments in this case. I grieve for the children and their families,
          and I pray for their comfort and relief."

He added, "I have
          decided to announce my retirement effective at the end of this season.
          At this moment the Board of Trustees should not spend a single minute
          discussing my status. They have far more important matters to address. I
          want to make this as easy for them as I possibly can."

"This is a tragedy. It is one of the great sorrows of my life. With the benefit of hindsight, I wish I had done more."

"My
          goals now are to keep my commitments to my players and staff and finish
          the season with dignity and determination. And then I will spend the
          rest of my life doing everything I can to help this University."

Officials say Paterno had knowledge that former Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky had allegedly sexually abused a pre-teen boy in the showers in the Penn State locker room back in 2002.

Paterno reported the incident to the athletic director at Penn State -- but failed to notify the police.

The
          police commissioner says Paterno has not been accused of legal
          wrongdoing, but claims Paterno did NOT fulfill his "moral
          responsibility."[/quote]

i know u think this helps ur point and hurts ours, but thats also because like i've said 12 times u haven't grasped what we are saying.

[/quote]
          You don't grasp what I am saying Matt. I do understand what you are saying and have said that.
          [/quote]

okay but you understand him saying he wish he did more completely plays into the fact that he probably felt like he did he due dilligence by informing the AD. He probably wish he did more once he saw it went no where.

I highly doubt he regrets not calling the police right away
          [/quote]
          Then that just makes him an even more sick and disgusting ****ing peace of ****. Clearly he felt that way or he would have done more Matt, hence why he regrets it. lol HENCE, why he is getting the ****storm on him.
          [/quote]

no because had he reported it to his superiors and then nothing happened (like it did) and then he came back out and did osmething about it instead of letting it get swept under the run he would of been viewed as the hero

your in denial if u think he hasn't to report rape cases before

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</P>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</P>

</P>

[/quote]

yea the people who are suppose to handle these things didn't. Notice JP wasn't in cuffs?
            [/quote]</P>

If he had not passed it on to the AD, he would have. Although his legal exposure is low, the expectations of decent society will not be as lax.</P>

Comment

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</p>

Well two guys got carted off in handcuffes because they didn't do anything about this "story".</p>

</p>[/quote]

And I'm not saying that's wrong, what I'm saying is that it's worse not to do anything about something you SAW then not to do something about a story you heard from someone....

and don't give me he went to Joe Pa....that's not enough...he was right in doing that but wrong in not going further, he should have stopped it then in there or should have went to the cops...without doing either of those things he's in the wrong...morally, and more so then Joe Pa.
              [/quote]

lol its baffling

GUY ONE: Witness. Saw the act happen and told some other guy - off the hook

GUY TWO: Boss. Somebody told him what happened, he told his superior - BURN HIM!

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Obviously not. Since Joe Pa passed it along like an email forward.</p>

Maybe he expected more from the most important man in PSU history.</p>[/quote]

it's morally reprehensible that he had to depend on any other human being to take care of this at all Joe Pa. or not, he should have smashed his face right there...but baring physical violence which some people are against he should never have stopped telling everyone Joe Pa...sure...but the cops included...until this man was brought to justice.

Having seen the act being committed himself...HE is most responsible for making sure that man gets what he deserves, be it through Joe Pa....the Cops...or even himself if need be...but he can't stop until it's done.

Comment

wait a minute now im ****in lost here... lando said one thing pappy said the other

WHO was the guy who saw this and went to Joe Pa?

Pappy is saying it was a janitor and so was someone else

and Lando said it was a coach who is now the WRs coach at Penn St.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]wait a minute now im ****in lost here... lando said one thing pappy said the other

[/quote]</P>

I understand that the janitor went to Joe Pa. At least thats what it seemed to me.</P>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</p>

</p>[/quote]

[/quote]

lol its baffling

GUY ONE: Witness. Saw the act happen and told some other guy - off the hook

GUY TWO: Boss. Somebody told him what happened, he told his superior - BURN HIM!

[/quote]

It's literally insanity...there is something wrong with people today, I'm almost disgusted...I'm holding onto the hope that they simply don't understand what we are saying ...because the alternative is that they do and their values are seriously in question then.

Comment

Obviously not. Since Joe Pa passed it along like an email forward.</P>

Maybe he expected more from the most important man in PSU history.</P>

[/quote]

it's morally reprehensible that he had to depend on any other human being to take care of this at all Joe Pa. or not, he should have smashed his face right there...but baring physical violence which some people are against he should never have stopped telling everyone Joe Pa...sure...but the cops included...until this man was brought to justice.

Having seen the act being committed himself...HE is most responsible for making sure that man gets what he deserves, be it through Joe Pa....the Cops...or even himself if need be...but he can't stop until it's done.
                        [/quote]</P>

I really don't know about that. A lowely janitor seeing a powerful member of the PSU community doing something like that could be very scary.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

If he had not passed it on to the AD, he would have. Although his legal exposure is low, the expectations of decent society will not be as lax.</p>[/quote]

I agree he ultimately should of never let it rest but what do you mean? What will society do to him?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]wait a minute now im ****in lost here... lando said one thing pappy said the other

[/quote]

Honestly it's irrelevant...whether it was a Janitor or the WR's coach either way it's his responsibility to make sure this guy was brought to justice any way he could....more so then Joe Pa....who just heard the story....and didn't witness it himself.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Ridiculous.

[/quote]</P>

</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

If he had not passed it on to the AD, he would have. Although his legal exposure is low, the expectations of decent society will not be as lax.</P>

[/quote]

I agree he ultimately should of never let it rest but what do you mean? What will society do to him?
                              [/quote]</P>

Get him fired...have him lose his reputation. The things that societies do.</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Obviously not. Since Joe Pa passed it along like an email forward.</p>

Maybe he expected more from the most important man in PSU history.</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

I really don't know about that. A lowely janitor seeing a powerful member of the PSU community doing something like that could be very scary.</p>[/quote]

It just makes no sense to me where u want to see the buck stop and where you give your passes to me. Status in the community, specifically the Penn State community, should have ZERO impact on this situation.

Its not about a Penn State worker committing rape, its about a child being raped

Comment

Working...
                                X