Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE GAME IS vs THE BUFFALO BILLS ON OCT 16th!

"I hope it is fresh in our heads knowing that we can't allow ourselves to do it," defensive end Justin Tuck
    said when asked about past collapses becoming a mental issue for the
    Giants. "You talk about second-half collapses, if we get down to the
    Saints, it could be a historical second-half collapse."</p>

<font color="#0000FF">Since 2004
    when Coughlin took over, the Giants have started every season 5-2 or
    better. But they are just a collective 29-36 in games from November on,
    including this season when the Giants started 5-2 but have gone 1-2
    since Halloween.</font></p>

Coughlin bristled when asked about whether he's
    worried if the recent history of late struggles will creep into his
    players' heads.</p>

"It is not going to be the history, believe me,"
    Coughlin said. "I know that this is something fanatically involved with
    all of you [in the media] but each team is a new team and each year is a
    new year. If it was a different answer, I would give you one."</p>

</p>

That is a PATHETIC stat. He can say what he wants about how it's not a collapse and blah blah blah but the proof is in the pudding.
    </p>

"It's put up or shut up at the end of the day," Rolle said. "I'm not
    trying to be sitting at home come the first week in January watching
    these other teams that I know are not better than us go on. For what? I
    know we're a great team."</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Who is this chick Stephanie Ruzicka on FB. I know she's a poster but does anyone know her screen name?[/quote]
      I'm not sure but she runs ALOT
      [/quote] Runs her mouth ?
      [/quote]
      LMAO no, like she actually runs. She does marathons and **** and is always training. The girl is the size of a toothpick.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]The Giants are 31st in the NFL with 83.2 rushing yards per game, <font color="#0000FF">their lowest average since 1945</font> (76.9 a game).

FUUUUUUUUUUCK
        [/quote]ARGHHHH

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]hey did Beatty get IR'd?
          [/quote]

New York Giants left tackle Will Beatty will undergo surgery on Thursday morning to repair a detached retina in his right eye, the team announced.</p>

The
          surgery will be performed by Dr. Donald J. D'Amico.<font color="#0000FF"> The Giants said a
          timeframe for recovery will be determined post surgery. Beatty, though,
          could be out indefinitely, according to a source.</font></p>

</p>"The doctor doesn't really know exactly how the surgery is
          going to go until he gets me in the operating room and actually dilates
          it and he can truly see what's going on," Beatty told Newsday. "I'll
          know a lot more tomorrow how serious it is and time off and things like
          that."

"I'm hoping for the best," he added. "It could be a wide
          range of being out for a few weeks to being out for the season. I'm
          going for the lesser. But there's nothing I can really do to rehab or
          anything so I'm just praying that when he goes (in) it's not that bad."</p>

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]got an inside tidbit from "MY SOURCE":

Giants had a FLATTTT week of practice and everybody seems down.

this has Packers gaeme from last year written all over it
            [/quote]</P>

Don't worry, Eli will get the 7 points he needs to beat you.</P>

And I'm not surprised at all. The team is sick of TC and he is not able to motivate them. I'm telling you...<FONT color=#0000ff>he should have been dumped after the '09 season.</FONT></P>

[/quote]
            Byron has been saying the same thing.
            [/quote]

hindsight was 20/20. The injuries KILLED our defense and we just werne't able to compete - especially with the schedule
            [/quote]</P>

According to TC in the press conference when he took the job, he essentially suggested that the coaching staff was to blame for the injuries (Fassel) and he could prevent them.</P>

How's that working out for ya Tom? This has been one of the most injury prone eras in Giants football history.</P>
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</P>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</P>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</P>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</P>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</P>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</P>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</P>

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]"I thought he was commanding in the huddle. I thought he was decisive in
                his reads and I thought he gained a lot of respect from his teammates
                by the way he played that football game," defensive coordinator Perry
                Fewell said of Herzlich.

I hope the kids brings his A game tonight.
                [/quote]

i thought Herz played a REALLY good game last week but im not sure how effective he is going ot be vs a team that throws 2-1 in comparison to run
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]Who is this chick Stephanie Ruzicka on FB. I know she's a poster but does anyone know her screen name?[/quote]
                  I'm not sure but she runs ALOT
                  [/quote] Runs her mouth ?
                  [/quote]
                  LMAO no, like she actually runs. She does marathons and **** and is always training. The girl is the size of a toothpick.
                  [/quote]Ah

Comment

Chad Jones will lead the Giants on the field tonight. That is pretty cool.

Comment

Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]got an inside tidbit from "MY SOURCE":

Giants had a FLATTTT week of practice and everybody seems down.

this has Packers gaeme from last year written all over it
                        [/quote]</p>

Don't worry, Eli will get the 7 points he needs to beat you.</p>

And I'm not surprised at all. The team is sick of TC and he is not able to motivate them. I'm telling you...<font color="#0000FF">he should have been dumped after the '09 season.</font></p>[/quote]
                        Byron has been saying the same thing.
                        [/quote]

hindsight was 20/20. The injuries KILLED our defense and we just werne't able to compete - especially with the schedule
                        [/quote]maybe the players on defense hate the scheme. maybe its not tc, maybe its his subordinates. either way something needs to change. but if we fire tc, i expect growing pains with a new coach, and i pray we dont have another coordinator like fewell.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</p>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</p>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</p>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</p>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</p>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</p>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</p>[/quote]he won a sb with an injury riddled team. wheres all the tc hate coming from? you all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]

no its not...?

wait

is first tie breaker head to head? Cuz if it is then your right. I didn't factor that

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]Even if we lose the next two games, we will be the NFC East champs if we win the last 4. No matter what. That is a mthamatical certianty.[/quote]Mathematically that is true. Realistically, personally...after what I witnessed last week, cannot see us beating Dallas twice, Jet's once and skins once. I may be crying but why is it that all of our division games were played away before we get to face them at home.....and what the **** is up with our schedule...we didn't even make the playoff's last year. The Jet's went to the afc championship game last year for the 2nd year in a row and they get a tit schedule. Fuuuuck the football gods.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Fassel's team had finished the previous season decimated, with a dozen players on the injured reserve list and three others sitting out the final few games.</p>

"I'm aware of the injury factor, the number of IRs, which is a cancer, let's face it," Coughlin said then. "It's something that has to be corrected. It's a mental thing, I believe, as much as anything else."</p>

Karma surely has a vindictive side, because Coughlin's tenure has been haunted by key injuries virtually every year. In his very first season as coach, despite all the preseason conditioning programs, 18 of his players finished the season on the IR. This year, of course, the team has been devastated by injuries to defensive backs, to Justin Tuck, to Osi Umenyiora and Travis Beckum.</p>

Fassel, who has won successive titles coaching the Las Vegas Locomotives of the United Football League, no longer stews over Coughlin's comments and takes no particular joy in the Giants' current state of affairs. But he still believes there is little a coach can do to prevent injuries once a game begins.</p>

"In practice, that's a different ballgame, you can be cautious how many times we hit and give the guys a rest," Fassel said. "But then the games start and sometimes you're injury-free, sometimes you're decimated.</p>

"It also depends on where the injuries come. You can replace one guy, but you can't replace a position. When I was coaching the Giants we lost eight offensive linemen and four corners, then you've lost a position. I was in seven-man protections, just trying to protect Kerry Collins as much as possible."</p>

Coughlin has been particularly hard hit in the defensive backfield and at the receiver positions, where the injuries have piled on to previous free agent defections.</p>[/quote]he won a sb with an injury riddled team. wheres all the tc hate coming from? you all should be ashamed of yourselves.
                                [/quote]

are u kidding me?

Comment

Working...
                                X