X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

I think JPP and Kiwi are perfect OLBs...

I think Joseph would be a better NT than DT.

I think Canty is more of a natural DE and Tuck can play DE in the 3-4 too. A lil underszied but when Tuck is healthy he is a beast.\

Then we can move Boley to ILB and then sign like a London Fletcher until we can bring someone else in

Not saying I want to - but I mean it could work
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

Panthers tight end Jeremy Shockey
      says that when “The Star-Spangled Banner” played before Sunday’s game
      against the Texans, he looked across the field at the opposing sideline
      and didn’t like what he saw.</p>

According to Shockey, several players on the Texans didn’t display
      proper reverence for America while the national anthem was played.</p>

“I was pretty upset when they weren’t showing respect to America during the national anthem,” Shockey said, via the Houston Chronicle.
      “There were about 10 players who didn’t put their arms across their
      chest. This is America. They should at least give respect to America. I
      haven’t seen it anywhere else in the NFL, but I don’t know how you
      forget to do something like that.”</p>[/quote]I hate Shockey, but I LOVE America

Across every sport, not everyone puts their hands on their heart, but its alright as long as they remove their helmet/hat
      [/quote]yea if theres one thing iv liked about shockey is he was always patriotic, not many people are today or should i say not as many as say40-50 years ago.

i thought his tattoo was pretty sick too, especially cause it matched his uniform when he was here. haha

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

“I was pretty upset when they weren’t showing respect to America during the national anthem,” Shockey said, via the Houston Chronicle.
        forget to do something like that.”</p>[/quote]I hate Shockey, but I LOVE America

Across every sport, not everyone puts their hands on their heart, but its alright as long as they remove their helmet/hat
        [/quote]

im with shockey on this

it really gets me riled up when I see *******s being disrespectful. I've told people to shut the **** up before

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

I think Canty is more of a natural DE and Tuck can play DE in the 3-4 too. A lil underszied but when Tuck is healthy he is a beast.\

Then we can move Boley to ILB and then sign like a London Fletcher until we can bring someone else in

[/quote]yea it is interesting and exciting......wouldnt mind it but i do prefer 4 linemen. jpp can do anything he wants, kiwis been a decent olb, not to great in coverage. didnt canty play nt in dallas?? osi will likey be gone. who would be the other de?

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

[/quote]

im with shockey on this

it really gets me riled up when I see *******s being disrespectful. I've told people to shut the **** up before
            [/quote]me too and "HATS OFF!!!" eeevery single frigging time.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]</P>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</P>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </P>

It's not that easy changing positions. </P>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </P>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </P>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</P>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </P>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </P>

Giants fan since the early 80s

Comment

[/quote]a 3-4 defense is based on 2 things a solid NT and an excellent corp of LBs. Not a bunch of guys who have played 4-3 since college and all of their years in the NFL have been in 4-3.

If anything Osi is the perfect pass rushing olb in a 3-4, and why would you want to move JPP when he's having a phenomenal season.

I dont like our guys in a 3-4 at all
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]yea it is interesting and exciting......wouldnt mind it but i do prefer 4 linemen. jpp can do anything he wants, kiwis been a decent olb, not to great in coverage. didnt canty play nt in dallas?? osi will likey be gone. who would be the other de?
                  [/quote]

na he played DE in Dallas

Tuck can play the other DE

Comment

How many yards does Cruz and Nicks need to break the team season record & Eli for the passing yards he was closing in on? What seemed like a sure thing, now seems somewhat distant.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="bigblue4417"]

[/quote]

im with shockey on this

[/quote]"SHUT THE **** UP, IM TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE ****ING SONG!!!!!"

Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]a 3-4 defense is based on 2 things a solid NT and an excellent corp of LBs. Not a bunch of guys who have played 4-3 since college and all of their years in the NFL have been in 4-3.

If anything Osi is the perfect pass rushing olb in a 3-4, and why would you want to move JPP when he's having a phenomenal season.

[/quote]

Well Joseph is like a prototypical NT. I just dind't think he'd be this read this year, so when we had this debate in the offseason it seemed impossible...

we'd DEFINTILY be in question at ILB, but I think with JPP and Kiwi we'd rival Steelers for the best OLBs in the game. If Orakpo and Mario Williams cana succeed the way they do after making the switch then JPP ABSOLUTELY can.

Kiwi is playing a hybrid in the 4-3 as a DEOLB anyway - hes absolutely PERFECT for OLB in the 3-4

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i'll tell ya, i do love the fact that Rolle was calling out the team. Saying it starts in practice... thats soemthing I do like

I just hope it wasn't directed at Tuck, but i do like it.

Hopfully Herz can come back and bring a spark. ITs like one of our last chances - hes a high energy guy
                          [/quote]I agree with Rolle, if you're hurt then sit it out and get healthy, dont risk worsening your condition, its not worth it. If you're dinged up and bruised then get yass on the field and practice

I really dont see whats so bad about what he said, everyone is jumping to all of these conclusions
                          [/quote]</P>

Rolle is not a star.. He's a nice player that gets paid way too much.</P>

And I am tired of hearing about how our defense is banged up and TC and Fewellare doingtheir best with a bad hand. We started 5 first round draft choices yesterday, PLUS 2 high paid free agents (Canty and Boley) PLUS 2 other 2nd round picks, PLUS a two time all pro DE (Tuck). Look at the rookies and late draftees (plus undrafted free agents) starting on other teams that play way better defense than we do. This defense is poorly coached and motivated. This defense is a disgrace and TC and Fewell need to be dismissed as soon as the season ends.</P>

I like TC, but the players DO NOT respond to him in crunch time. He's a "diciplinarian" who's teams constantly play with no dicipline.</P>

How many late season collapses do we need to see?</P>

[/quote]Well tags like 'pro bowler' '1st round pick' and 'highly paid' dont mean a damned thing

There are plenty of players that should be pro bowlers but we all know its a popularity contest.

1st round picks SHOULD be producing immediatley, but when 1 is coming off of a reoccuring knee injury and the other is playing in his 3rd game after missing all of camp and most of the season with injury.
                          [/quote]</P>

These are good football players Kase. And all or most are established vets in their prime. All I'm saying is that talent isn't the problem. there are defenses out there with far less talent who are performing at a much higher level collectively as defenses.</P>

My point is that this is about coaching. That includes both scheme and motivation.</P>
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</p>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</p>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </p>

It's not that easy changing positions. </p>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </p>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </p>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</p>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </p>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </p>[/quote]

i dont think he has either but his strength, size, and mobility would be perfect for it. I remember I didn't know who he was when we drafted him and almost every scouting report was how well of a NT he could be.

How much does Demarcus Ware and Mario Williams really REACT though. I mean if anything under Fewell we've seen JPPs range in dropping back and moving around... i think it would be a natural transition. I think he'd flourish.

Boley would be the stretch - ILB could be an issue, but **** it, trade Osi for someone. Thats our chip.

Tuck slides to tackle alot anyway... Tuck has to be able to take that abuse, i mean lets be honest its not THAT much different than the role hes playing now. If thats the deciding factor in whether tuck lasts or not then we might as well start looking to replace him now.

Comment

[quote user="ny06"]

[/quote]</P>

You wan't Joseph to play nose tackle?</P>

That may be asking too much from him, I don't think he has ever played that position. College or pro's. </P>

It's not that easy changing positions. </P>

I don't see 3-4 defense with the personal we have. </P>

Our best player on D, (JPP) should stay where he is at. As a 3-4 outside linebacker he will be asked to react to the offense instead of attacking. </P>

I can't see Boley playing the middle of a 3-4 either.</P>

This team needs linebackers in the worst way, not late round draft picks that may be great a few years down the road. We need guys who can step in and contribute. </P>

You want to put Tuck at defensive end at the 3-4? I don't think his body can take that much abuse. There sole job is to eat up blockers. Canty can do it for he did it in Dallas. </P>

[/quote]</P>

If you want to play 3-4 thats fine. But we need to get a bunch of new players. Kiwi is a DE and doesn't have the hips to plat LB in a 3-4.</P>
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Kase-1"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]so i may be changing my stance on switching to the 3-4 and I think I am

[/quote]

Well Joseph is like a prototypical NT. I just dind't think he'd be this read this year, so when we had this debate in the offseason it seemed impossible...

we'd DEFINTILY be in question at ILB, but I think with JPP and Kiwi we'd rival Steelers for the best OLBs in the game. If Orakpo and Mario Williams cana succeed the way they do after making the switch then JPP ABSOLUTELY can.

Kiwi is playing a hybrid in the 4-3 as a DEOLB anyway - hes absolutely PERFECT for OLB in the 3-4
                                [/quote]Joseph is NOT a prototypical NT, just cause he's big doesnt mean he's the next 3-4 anchor

we Def dont have the personnel for 3-4 lb's, none of our guys have EVER played a 3-4, just because they have size and speed doesnt mean they have the goods to play in a 3-4 just like that

Orakpo and Mario succeeded cause they had the right pieces around them and the Texans have a ton of depth at LB

Comment

Working...
                                X