This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What is left for Peyton to prove in his illustrious guaranteed hof career? The injury was significant enought to keep him out an entire season. Why mess with it and try to come back? The colts should offer him a qb coach or related position, draft Luck and let Peyton groom him for the team. That would be the wisest thing for colts to do. Adjust or not adjust his salary however, you they want based on that. At this point in the game, it's not about money for Peyton.[/quote]</P>

offer him a coaching gig? no effin way dude. it's peyton manning. not only WILL he play, but anyone in the league would kill for him. AND he'll make you pay for it by letting him go.
    This isnt a 42 year old Brett Favre we're talking about.
    Anything less than making sure Peyton is healthy enough to go, is BLATANT DISRESPECT for the guy who MADE your franchise relevant for the first time since Unitas and the baltimore Colts.</P>
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

I think the giants are running their mouths little to much.

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What is left for Peyton to prove in his illustrious guaranteed hof career? The injury was significant enought to keep him out an entire season. Why mess with it and try to come back? The colts should offer him a qb coach or related position, draft Luck and let Peyton groom him for the team. That would be the wisest thing for colts to do. Adjust or not adjust his salary however, you they want based on that. At this point in the game, it's not about money for Peyton.[/quote]</P>

offer him a coaching gig? no effin way dude. it's peyton manning. not only WILL he play, but anyone in the league would kill for him. AND he'll make you pay for it by letting him go.
        This isnt a 42 year old Brett Favre we're talking about.
        Anything less than making sure Peyton is healthy enough to go, is BLATANT DISRESPECT for the guy who MADE your franchise relevant for the first time since Unitas and the baltimore Colts.</P>[/quote]I respect the fact that it's Peyton, but his career is not going to last forever. This season showed his immense value to the Colt's team. He is clearly the mvp of that team. It simply does not function without him.

Maybe he plays another couple of seasons for the colts, but it seems the Colts would just be delaying the inevitable by not putting something in place for his departure.

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="bigblue4417"]
          <div class="report">

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that Peyton Manning "will not push back" his $28 million roster bonus and will either stay with the Colts or be released by the Colts.</p></div>
          <div class="impact">Per Schefter, the sides are dug in. Owner Jim Irsay isn't going to trade Manning, and Manning won't restructure his contract to allow the Colts to get something in return. The $28 million bonus is due on March 8. Irsay is staunch in his commitment to pay Manning if he's healthy, but he's going to have to receive medical clearance from neck surgery in order to see the money. </div>

[/quote]</p>

I'm willing to bet Colts change their tune and Manning stays. I'm sure he wants to stay anyway.

Here's the thing that bugs me:
          If the Colts were to cut ties with Peyton for whatever their reasoning is, they are basically saying "Winning isn't our #1 priority right now. Saving money and rebuilding is."
          And that's just not ok.

Same thing goes for Norv Turner not being fired from San Diego. That team is basically telling their fan base "Mediocrity is ok in our playbook"
          How are these things right?!?! lol</p>

[/quote]</p>

It isn't about saving money. Its about being able to field a decent team. There a thing called the salary cap. If they keep Peyton and draft Luck, there will be a minimum of $55MM dedicated to one position. Peyton has a $28MM bonus due that he said he will NOT push back. Thats NOT including his salary. The #1 slot gives a minimum of $15MM. (minimum, probably more this season) We saw all the holes on that team this past season. They will not only lose all or most of their FA's, but they will be unable to sign anyone else to built their team.</p>

They simply have to let Peyton go, or trade out of the #1 position.</p>

It aint about "saving money".</p>[/quote]
          One thing we know for sure whether he is playing or not is that Matt will draft him early.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]I think the giants are running their mouths little to much.[/quote]
            What's new?

Comment

What did I miss in tagf yesterday with the SF fans? All I read was some idiot talking about their fans fondling wives and gf's of visiting teams, I am thinking it got much worse than that?

All sf posters are now banned? lmao.

Comment

Not only that LT but they were joking about what would be a bigger disaster. The Giants losing to the 9ers or 9/11.

Apparently the 49ers fans rival Eagles fans.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]Not only that LT but they were joking about what would be a bigger disaster. The Giants losing to the 9ers or 9/11.

[/quote]That's a deal breaker right there. Wtf, don't we all live in the US? That was a National tragedy that effected all of us. Rightfully banned.
                  Thanks for info.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Not only that LT but they were joking about what would be a bigger disaster. The Giants losing to the 9ers or 9/11.

[/quote]That's a deal breaker right there. Wtf, don't we all live in the US? That was a National tragedy that effected all of us. Rightfully banned.
                    Thanks for info.[/quote]yea I dont understand it, lt. Never will.

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="dezzzR"]I think the giants are running their mouths little to much.[/quote]
                      What's new?

[/quote]</P>

I for one don't really care. They are playing good, and they are showing their pride, and saying how they know they will win. I think it's fine...

It's when we continue to lose over and over and players still run their mouths.....well, that just makes me say "this mother****er just doesnt get it, does he?!?!"</P>
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="bigblue4417"]Not only that LT but they were joking about what would be a bigger disaster. The Giants losing to the 9ers or 9/11.

[/quote]That's a deal breaker right there. Wtf, don't we all live in the US? That was a National tragedy that effected all of us. Rightfully banned. Thanks for info.[/quote]yea I dont understand it, lt. Never will.[/quote]</P>

yea wtf....i find it hard to believe that there are people out there RUH-TAR-DED enough to watch what happened that day, and been like "haha @ NY!!"

Im not overly patriotic. I'm not political. and i dont voice my opinions on things of controversial nature....but...

people whojoke about those kinds of thing are the ones who should take the place of the people that died. sometimesI use the term and tell ppl to"die in a fire!!" who piss me off. And well, sometimes...I mean it.</P>
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"]What did I miss in tagf yesterday with the SF fans? All I read was some idiot talking about their fans fondling wives and gf's of visiting teams, I am thinking it got much worse than that?

All sf posters are now banned? lmao.[/quote]

a couple of them made some scumbag 9/11 references
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

so JPP cancelled his auto signing last night

when he rescheduals were gonna get this pic signed:

Monday JWill and Tolly are doing a dual signing. $30 bucks for the both of them. We are going to get Tolly to sign:

but then we are on the fence about which JWill pic to get signed, so which do u think: Rodgers or BRady

or

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

players in the Giants' locker room said they weren't concerned that
                              he would have to miss any more time or Sunday's NFC Championship Game
                              against the 49ers in San Francisco.

"Are you kidding me? He's Eli Manning," defensive lineman Dave Tollefson
                              said Wednesday. "They probably have some kind of special virus-killing
                              medicine that only Eli Manning can use. I'd be out for two weeks; he'll
                              be good [Thursday]."</p>

Comment

The Brady one for sure...

Comment

Working...
                                X