This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]whoa whoa whoa what is going on here. lol[/quote]

Yeah, I would like to know what's going on. I hate being out of the loop
    [/quote]</P>

Here's a scenario for you.* A team win a championship and has a terrible season the next.* They are 20 games out with 19 to go, but not mathamatically eliminated.* They are champs still, but not one day later if they are mathamatically eliminated? Hogwash.</P>

In the history of sports, I've never heard the phrase "vacant championship" when a previous champion in eliminated.** If I'm wrong, we would constantly here that a team is "no longer champs" when they get eliminated.* It has never happened in the media. ever.</P>

You are being silly.</P>

When Secretariat won the Belmont, was he never the true champ because by rule he couldn't defend.</P>

When the Browns were the All American conference champion in the 50's, were they no longer champs because they joined the NFL?</P>

Being champions has nothing to do with next season.* You are champs until someone else is champs.</P>

There has never been anything labeled "a vacant championship", in the history of professional sports.</P>

Your kidding yourself.</P>

[/quote]

Stop trying to stick up for ur Celtics.

They are no longer the DEFENDING champions because they are unable to defend their championship.

Orlando or LA will be the champion

Boston cannot, so they are no longer the defending champions, <FONT size=6>they are just champions</FONT>
    [/quote]</P>

Thank you, LT, this is exactly what I've been saying.* Out of the mouths of babes.....</P>

[/quote] he means it in the sense that once a champ always teh champ, which EVERYBODY agrees with. Once you win it all it can never be taken from u, nobody disputes that... hes not saying that they are still champions of this year. The following year after u win it, ur either defending champion or nothing[/quote]</P>

Seems to me that he was distinguishing between "defending" champs and (in his words) "just champions".* I never claimed anything about defending championships.* The Celtics are the current champs until such time as they are displaced by another team.* Your little contrived reality has NO BASIS in any official view expressed by any of these sports leagues.</P>

Prove me wrong.* Show me where any official league rep. (any major league) claims that a team is no long the current champion when they are eliminated the next year without another team to replace them.</P>[/quote]

there is no current champion. How is there a current champion of the 2009 season... there can only be champion which we won't know til the last game of the postseason or the defending champion. Once the defending champion is removed from competition, then there is no champion until the finals are over
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

there is a difference between defending champs and reigning champs.
      </p>[/quote]

Not by definition there isn't Amanda? did you read the definition I posted of Reigning.

you need to have the ability to "Reign" or control your destiny in order to be considered a reigning champ, you need to be able to exercise you power...once you are mathmaticly eliminated that's taken away from you, thus, if you are no longer a defending champ...logically you can not be a reigning champ.
      [/quote]

I agree with Daven

Hell just froze over

Comment

i HATE all of you

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]whoa whoa whoa what is going on here. lol[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Here's a scenario for you.* A team win a championship and has a terrible season the next.* They are 20 games out with 19 to go, but not mathamatically eliminated.* They are champs still, but not one day later if they are mathamatically eliminated? Hogwash.</P>

In the history of sports, I've never heard the phrase "vacant championship" when a previous champion in eliminated.** If I'm wrong, we would constantly here that a team is "no longer champs" when they get eliminated.* It has never happened in the media. ever.</P>

You are being silly.</P>

When Secretariat won the Belmont, was he never the true champ because by rule he couldn't defend.</P>

When the Browns were the All American conference champion in the 50's, were they no longer champs because they joined the NFL?</P>

Being champions has nothing to do with next season.* You are champs until someone else is champs.</P>

There has never been anything labeled "a vacant championship", in the history of professional sports.</P>

[/quote]

They are no longer the DEFENDING champions because they are unable to defend their championship.

Boston cannot, so they are no longer the defending champions, <FONT size=6>they are just champions</FONT>
          [/quote]</P>

Thank you, LT, this is exactly what I've been saying.* Out of the mouths of babes.....</P>

[/quote] he means it in the sense that once a champ always teh champ, which EVERYBODY agrees with. Once you win it all it can never be taken from u, nobody disputes that... hes not saying that they are still champions of this year. The following year after u win it, ur either defending champion or nothing[/quote]</P>

if you follow that logic the eagles were the champions for a week. </P>[/quote]

noooo.. the logic doesn't say whoever beats u is the new champion...

u just lose ur champion status when ur knocked out is what it means...

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

Here's a scenario for you. A team win a championship and has a terrible season the next. They are 20 games out with 19 to go, but not mathamatically eliminated. They are champs still, but not one day later if they are mathamatically eliminated? Hogwash.</P>

In the history of sports, I've never heard the phrase "vacant championship" when a previous champion in eliminated. If I'm wrong, we would constantly here that a team is "no longer champs" when they get eliminated. It has never happened in the media. ever.</P>

You are being silly.</P>

Being champions has nothing to do with next season. You are champs until someone else is champs.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

Thank you, LT, this is exactly what I've been saying. Out of the mouths of babes.....</P>

if you follow that logic the eagles were the champions for a week. </P>

[/quote] noooo.. the logic doesn't say whoever beats u is the new champion... u just lose ur champion status when ur knocked out is what it means...[/quote]</P>

gaaaaaay</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]

[quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]i have an arguement here.. sorry to bring the girl aspect in... but think of it this way like a beauty pagent.you win... there for you are miss. america, you are miss america until there is a new one crowned the following year- EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING. therefore, the phillies are the reigning champs. if they dont make the playoffs they are still the reigning champs until somenone else wins the world series. just like the giants were the reigning champs until the steelers won, even after the eagles knocked us out.[/quote]

No, no, no Blondie....

If you are not in the running for Ms. America 2010 after winning it in 2009, you are "last year's Ms. America"

If the Phillies don't make the playoffs (and they won't, don't worry []), they won't be the reigning champs or the defending champs because they got beat. They will be last year's champs, not defending because they got eliminated.

The Giants were the defending champs until the Eagles knocked us out. Then we became last year's champs. Somebody knocked us off the throne and the throne was vacated until Pittsburgh won
              [/quote]</P>

Fine, show me anywhere where the league took that position.* Show me the league defenition of "vacant championship".</P>[/quote]

show me where it says the Celtics are still champions

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]i have an arguement here.. sorry to bring the girl aspect in... but think of it this way like a beauty pagent.you win... there for you are miss. america, you are miss america until there is a new one crowned the following year- EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING. therefore, the phillies are the reigning champs. if they dont make the playoffs they are still the reigning champs until somenone else wins the world series. just like the giants were the reigning champs until the steelers won, even after the eagles knocked us out.[/quote]

See I disagree, I don't think the Giants were reigning champs anymore immediately after our loss to Philly.

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Definition time.

<SPAN class=hw>reign</SPAN>
                <OBJECT style="MARGIN: 1px" codeBase=http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0 height=21 width=13 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000><PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="344"><PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="556"><PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Movie" VALUE="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf"><PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf"><PARAM NAME="WMode" VALUE="Transparent"><PARAM NAME="Play" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Quality" VALUE="High"><PARAM NAME="SAlign" VALUE="LT"><PARAM NAME="Menu" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="Base" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Scale" VALUE="NoScale"><PARAM NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="EmbedMovie" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="BGColor" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SWRemote" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="MovieData" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="Profile" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="ProfileAddress" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="ProfilePort" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="AllowNetworking" VALUE="all"><PARAM NAME="AllowFullScreen" VALUE="false">
                <embed src="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf" flashvars="sound_src=http://img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/R0025000.mp3" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="13" height="21"></OBJECT>*<SPAN class=pron onmouseover="return m_over('Click for pronunciation key')" onclick=pron_key() onmouseout=m_out()>(rn)</SPAN>n.
                </FONT>
                <SCRIPT>play_w2("R0025000")</SCRIPT>

<DIV class=ds-list><FONT color=#0000ff size=4>1. Exercise of sovereign power, as by a monarch.</FONT></DIV>
                <DIV class=ds-list><FONT color=#0000ff size=4>2. The period during which a monarch rules.</FONT></DIV>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>3. Dominance or widespread influence:
                </FONT>
                1. clearly states... EXERCISE of power, you can't Exercise...aka USE a power if you are no longer there.

once out of the running you are no longer there, you might as well not even be part of the league for the rest of the season, how can you Exercise your power, or be considered Dominate... or have a widespread influence ....if you are not even on the field/court/stage...whatever.
                [/quote]</P>

"THE PERIOD DURING WHICH MONARCH RULES." </P>

and the giants still ruled until the steelers won. the period from superbowl to superbowl is about a year. </P>[/quote]

the Giants rule ended when they were eliminated. To consider them the champions of the league during the NFCC game is ridiculous

Comment

lol its the same damn thing as president. if obama wins at the next election he is defending his title as the president of the us... if he loses (and he is also still eligable to run again for another term) he is still the reigning president until someone else is sworn in... regardless. and until there is a new champion of football. the steelers are the reigning champs... if they dont make the playoffs they are still the champions until someone else holds the title.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]i HATE all of you[/quote] Right back at ya....

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"]

there is a difference between defending champs and reigning champs.* you are the DEFINDING champs until someone knocks you out, that i can understand because if you dont have a chance at defending your current title ok fine but you are still the reigning champs until someone else is crowned champion no matter how you slice it...</P>[/quote]

go look up the definition of reigning... the reign ended upon being eliminated

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]i have an arguement here.. sorry to bring the girl aspect in... but think of it this way like a beauty pagent.you win... there for you are miss. america, you are miss america until there is a new one crowned the following year- EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING. therefore, the phillies are the reigning champs. if they dont make the playoffs they are still the reigning champs until somenone else wins the world series. just like the giants were the reigning champs until the steelers won, even after the eagles knocked us out.[/quote]

See I disagree, I don't think the Giants were reigning champs anymore immediately after our loss to Philly.

<OBJECT style="MARGIN: 1px" codeBase=http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0 height=21 width=13 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000><PARAM NAME="_cx" VALUE="344"><PARAM NAME="_cy" VALUE="556"><PARAM NAME="FlashVars" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Movie" VALUE="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf"><PARAM NAME="Src" VALUE="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf"><PARAM NAME="WMode" VALUE="Transparent"><PARAM NAME="Play" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Loop" VALUE="-1"><PARAM NAME="Quality" VALUE="High"><PARAM NAME="SAlign" VALUE="LT"><PARAM NAME="Menu" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="Base" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="AllowScriptAccess" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="Scale" VALUE="NoScale"><PARAM NAME="DeviceFont" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="EmbedMovie" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="BGColor" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SWRemote" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="MovieData" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="SeamlessTabbing" VALUE="1"><PARAM NAME="Profile" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="ProfileAddress" VALUE=""><PARAM NAME="ProfilePort" VALUE="0"><PARAM NAME="AllowNetworking" VALUE="all"><PARAM NAME="AllowFullScreen" VALUE="false">
                        <embed src="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf" flashvars="sound_src=http://img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/R0025000.mp3" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="13" height="21"></OBJECT><SPAN class=pron onmouseover="return m_over('Click for pronunciation key')" onclick=pron_key() onmouseout=m_out()>(rn)</SPAN>n.
                        </FONT>

<DIV class=ds-list><FONT color=#0000ff size=4>1. Exercise of sovereign power, as by a monarch.</FONT></DIV>
                        <DIV class=ds-list><FONT color=#0000ff size=4>2. The period during which a monarch rules.</FONT></DIV>

</FONT>
                        1. clearly states... EXERCISE of power, you can't Exercise...aka USE a power if you are no longer there.

once out of the running you are no longer there, you might as well not even be part of the league for the rest of the season, how can you Exercise your power, or be considered Dominate... or have a widespread influence ....if you are not even on the field/court/stage...whatever.
                        [/quote]</P>

and the giants still ruled until the steelers won. the period from superbowl to superbowl is about a year. </P>

[/quote] the Giants rule ended when they were eliminated. To consider them the champions of the league during the NFCC game is ridiculous[/quote]</P>

why? did someone else win a superbowl after the giants and before the steelers??</P>

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="LT= Lawrence Taylor"][quote user="Morehead State"]

[/quote]</P>

You are being silly.</P>

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

if you follow that logic the eagles were the champions for a week. </P>

[/quote] noooo.. the logic doesn't say whoever beats u is the new champion... u just lose ur champion status when ur knocked out is what it means...[/quote]</P>

gaaaaaay</P>[/quote]

i would be upset too if i just lost a debate due to common sense

Comment

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="dezzzR"]i HATE all of you[/quote] Right back at ya....[/quote]</P>

im kidding i love you all. </P>

except blt. not you.</P>

Comment

[quote user="patsrule666"][quote user="dezzzR"]i HATE all of you[/quote] Right back at ya....[/quote]

i HATE ur avatar [:P]

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]i have an arguement here.. sorry to bring the girl aspect in... but think of it this way like a beauty pagent.you win... there for you are miss. america, you are miss america until there is a new one crowned the following year- EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE RUNNING. therefore, the phillies are the reigning champs. if they dont make the playoffs they are still the reigning champs until somenone else wins the world series. just like the giants were the reigning champs until the steelers won, even after the eagles knocked us out.[/quote]

<embed src="http://img.tfd.com/m/sound.swf" flashvars="sound_src=http://img.tfd.com/hm/mp3/R0025000.mp3" menu="false" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" width="13" height="21"></OBJECT>*<SPAN class=pron onmouseover="return m_over('Click for pronunciation key')" onclick=pron_key() onmouseout=m_out()>(rn)</SPAN>n.
                                </FONT>

</FONT>

[/quote]</P>

and the giants still ruled until the steelers won. the period from superbowl to superbowl is about a year. </P>

[/quote] the Giants rule ended when they were eliminated. To consider them the champions of the league during the NFCC game is ridiculous[/quote]</P>

why? did someone else win a superbowl after the giants and before the steelers??</P>[/quote]

there is not always a champion at ALL times of a sport.. its a ridiculous premis so suggest that last years winner, who is currently eliminated, is the champion of this year

Comment

Working...
                                X