This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Hi butt heads.</p>

Another beautiful Monday.</p>

[/quote]How was weekend? We had some good thunderstorms roll thru this morning around 6 am. The dog and I got up and watched the storm.[/quote]</p>

Ours came around 8. Gogo needed some comforting. Under my desk with me the whole time.</p>

We were on the "Garden Tour" this weekend so we had to be home. Although my wife did let me play golf both mornings so I relieved her by about 1:00.</p>

So the Morehead Estate was a star this weekend.</p>

[/quote]What exactly is the Garden Tour? Very nice of her to allow you to play golf. At least your honest. Good behavior generally affords me priveleges as well. Why does it sound like prison when I say it that way? I guess they are both institutions? lmao.[/quote]</p>

First of all, I play golf every Sat. and Sun. morning from April through November. My "permission" came because of the demands of the Garden Tour thing.</p>

Essentially there are 6 properties in the area that get chosen to be on the tour. (Well they invite us to be on it). So we said yes. We had a total of 397 people come through our yard this weekend. They pay $20.00 PP for the tickets. Its a local garden organization that, among other things, does a lot of charity work.</p>[/quote]Yeah, yeah, I lie to myself too MH. I workout EVERY Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but that doesn't mean **** in the whole grand scheme of the situation.

Wow! Your property sounds amazing. <u>You sent me pics of the area where the black bear was last year</u>. Post some pics of it from the weekend. It reminds me of the scene in Dennis the menace where Mr. Wilson's flower organization all came to his property to view his rare and special flower bloom....Dennis had other plans for that event.[/quote]A few weeks ago I was upstate walking tuck and saw a black bear on someones lawn going through their garbage. It was about 30 yards away. Tuck froze up acting like he was hunting, like the dope he is. The bear had at least 50 pounds on him. It was big but wasnt huge. I saw one in Penn get on its hind legs and push over one of those green dumpsters when I was young. Anyway he looked over, and then went back to his trash

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Hi butt heads.</p>

[/quote]How was weekend? We had some good thunderstorms roll thru this morning around 6 am. The dog and I got up and watched the storm.[/quote]</p>

Ours came around 8.* Gogo needed some comforting.* Under my desk with me the whole time.</p>

We were on the "Garden Tour" this weekend so we had to be home.* Although my wife did let me play golf both mornings so I relieved her by about 1:00.</p>

[/quote]What exactly is the Garden Tour? Very nice of her to allow you to play golf. At least your honest. Good behavior generally affords me priveleges as well. Why does it sound like prison when I say it that way? I guess they are both institutions? lmao.[/quote]</p>

First of all,* I play golf every Sat. and Sun. morning from April through November.* My "permission" came because of the demands of the Garden Tour thing.</p>

Essentially there are 6 properties in the area that get chosen to be on the tour.* (Well they invite us to be on it).* So we said yes.* We had a total of 397 people come through our yard this weekend.* They pay $20.00 PP for the tickets.* Its a local garden organization that, among other things, does a lot of charity work.</p>[/quote]Yeah, yeah, I lie to myself too MH. I workout EVERY Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but that doesn't mean **** in the whole grand scheme of the situation.

Wow! Your property sounds amazing. <u>You sent me pics of the area where the black bear was last year</u>. Post some pics of it from the weekend. It reminds me of the scene in Dennis the menace where Mr. Wilson's flower organization all came to his property to view his rare and special flower bloom....Dennis had other plans for that event.[/quote]A few weeks ago I was upstate walking tuck and saw a black bear on someones lawn going through their garbage. It was about 30 yards away. Tuck froze up acting like he was hunting, like the dope he is. The bear had at least 50 pounds on him. It was big but wasnt huge.* I saw one in Penn get on its hind legs and push over one of those green dumpsters when I was young. Anyway he looked over, and then went back to his trash
      [/quote]When we used to vacation up on Maine, we would see the bears at night all the time. They are a big animal.

Is your dog Tuck named after Justin. That's awesome. The only problem I see with that name is if you lose him and you are walking around the neighborhood screaming his name. That could be a problem. =P.

Comment

[quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="lttaylor56"][quote user="Morehead State"]

Hi butt heads.</p>

Ours came around 8. Gogo needed some comforting. Under my desk with me the whole time.</p>

We were on the "Garden Tour" this weekend so we had to be home. Although my wife did let me play golf both mornings so I relieved her by about 1:00.</p>

First of all, I play golf every Sat. and Sun. morning from April through November. My "permission" came because of the demands of the Garden Tour thing.</p>

Essentially there are 6 properties in the area that get chosen to be on the tour. (Well they invite us to be on it). So we said yes. We had a total of 397 people come through our yard this weekend. They pay $20.00 PP for the tickets. Its a local garden organization that, among other things, does a lot of charity work.</p>[/quote]Yeah, yeah, I lie to myself too MH. I workout EVERY Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but that doesn't mean **** in the whole grand scheme of the situation.

Wow! Your property sounds amazing. <u>You sent me pics of the area where the black bear was last year</u>. Post some pics of it from the weekend. It reminds me of the scene in Dennis the menace where Mr. Wilson's flower organization all came to his property to view his rare and special flower bloom....Dennis had other plans for that event.[/quote]A few weeks ago I was upstate walking tuck and saw a black bear on someones lawn going through their garbage. It was about 30 yards away. Tuck froze up acting like he was hunting, like the dope he is. The bear had at least 50 pounds on him. It was big but wasnt huge. I saw one in Penn get on its hind legs and push over one of those green dumpsters when I was young. Anyway he looked over, and then went back to his trash
        [/quote]When we used to vacation up on Maine, we would see the bears at night all the time. They are a big animal.

Is your dog Tuck named after Justin. That's awesome. The only problem I see with that name is if you lose him and you are walking around the neighborhood screaming his name. That could be a problem. =P.[/quote]Yes sir. That and his real names Tucker, its an inside joke with my family. When ever someone in my family tried lying to my dad hed say " My names Tucker, not Sucker." whatever that means. lol And I obviously wanted the name Tucker because of Tuck
        But he responds to tuck just as well as tucker soo..

Comment

We brought my friends' pit over yesterday for at our weekly pool day, to play with our Pit, Tizzie....and its so funny watching them play because....they just run in circles at/witheach other like ******s.
          To onlookers it would have looked like vicious fighting....but they loved it. lol
          The only agressive thing they really do is always try to hang on the collar of the other, but im pretty sure all dogs do that, so we had to take their collars off.
          At one point they had a nice cycle of:
          run around in a circle. tackle each other, and then roll around with each other in the kiddie pool to cool off, and then repeat. lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

hey mh, what do you think caused the trade. Friction between bobby v and youk?

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]hey mh, what do you think caused the trade. Friction between bobby v and youk?

[/quote]</P>

Nothing like that.</P>

1. Will Middlebrooks emergenge.</P>

2. Youk is a FA after this season.</P>

Its nothing more than that.</P>
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]hey mh, what do you think caused the trade. Friction between bobby v and youk?

[/quote]</P>

You know theyve been shopping Youk all year, right?

Maybe if he wasnt 1) showing decline the past 3 years....2) massive injury liability every year

smart move by the sox most likely especially with the rookie raking, just waiting to play....it just makes sense</P>
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[/quote]</P>

You know theyve been shopping Youk all year, right?

Maybe if he wasnt 1) showing decline the past 3 years....2) massive injury liability every year

smart move by the sox most likely especially with the rookie raking, just waiting to play....it just makes sense</P>

[/quote]</P>

Why do you think he wasn't resigned? Yes, Youk has had a crapload of injuries over the past few years. Plays hard and that stuff happens when you play balls to the wall on every play. Plus he crowds the plate and gets hit all the time.</P>

His "decline" is much more due to his injuries than anything else. But ultimately with Will Middlebrooks in the wings, he was going to go.</P>

Middlebrooks has been tremendous so far. We'll see once pitchers figure out that you have to pitch him inside. He likes to extend his arms at the plate. But his bat speed is great.</P>

</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]Middlebrooks has been tremendous so far. We'll see once pitchers figure out that you have to pitch him inside. He likes to extend his arms at the plate. But his bat speed is great.[/quote]</P>

I know most of you guys dont play fantasy baseball or anything, but it's my favorite of the fantasy sports.
                    I dont carry any bench hitters. I stock up on pitching....BUT, what I do do, is pick up all the top rated prospects as they come up and take a shot in the dark with them. I got Harper this year, and Middlebrooks. Only problem with Middlebrooks (fantasy-wise) is that his playing time was limited because of Youk when he came off the DL.
                    I also picked up Trevor Bauer, the top rated pitching prospect. He gets his call up in AZ this Thursday</P>
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Comment

Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace
                        while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is
                        obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.<div style="overflow: hidden; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">
                        </div>

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
                          <DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
                          </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</P>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</P>

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
                            <DIV style="BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; BORDER-TOP: medium none; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
                            </DIV>

[/quote]</P>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</P>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</P>

[/quote]</P>

yea, i dont think I'd be mad at someone for not wanting to do that lol. </P>
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="dezzzR"]Japanese golfers take out insurance policies against scoring an ace while golfing, since a player "lucky" enough to get a hole-in-one is obligated to buy gifts for all his friends.
                                <div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); COLOR: rgb(0,0,0); OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">
                                </div>

[/quote]</p>

"Hole In One Insurance" is very common Dezz. Very common here. Its not a Japanese thing. The tradition is that if you get a hole in one, you buy everyone at the course a drink. Most clubs offer hole in one insurance. Depends on how many people are at the bar. In a major tournament, where there are a lot of players, its a good idea if you're any good.</p>

But sometimes a player will just get in their car and drive home without buying anyone a drink. Personally, I have no problem with that. It used to be a "Country Club" tradition where everyone has money. Now its expected for anyone who gets a hole in one and I have no problem with a guy saying "screw that".</p>[/quote]I just state the facts.

Comment

Working...
                                X