X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I am going to end with this ... if for some reason they were unable to finish thefinals it would be recorded as just that... no winner was determined for the 08/09 season rather than the Celtics still hold the title because the season never finished. I flip floped because I believe this is how it would go down in the books. No finals winner 08/09</p>

Now we allknow thats not going to happen so who wins tonight?</p>

</p>[/quote]

put it this way, u joined the right side[/quote]
    Yeah, congrats Byron. Here is your team color chosen by your captain Matt "Limp Wrist" Meyer

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I am going to end with this ... if for some reason they were unable to finish the*finals it would be recorded as just that... no winner was determined for the 08/09 season rather than the Celtics still hold the title because the season never finished. I flip floped because I believe this is how it would go down in the books. No finals winner 08/09</p>

Now we all*know thats not going to happen so who wins tonight?*</p>

*</p>[/quote]

put it this way, u joined the right side[/quote]
      Yeah, congrats Byron. Here is your team color chosen by your captain Matt "Limp Wrist" Meyer

[/quote]

its been a bad couple of days for u huh...

first kobe blows game 3, then u battle all day and lose...

i feel sad for u
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]

at that point, what are they? just another NBA team.
        [/quote]</P>

when someone else takes the title off them and becomes the new champion</P>

Comment

well its been a good day of kicking lando, moorehead, dezzr, and blondies *****

but its time to punch

have a wonderful evening, i know i will.
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"]

Now we allknow thats not going to happen so who wins tonight?</P>

[/quote]</P>

</P>

</P>[/quote] No Basket ball tonight? anyway, I will look in on the baseball games some tonight.

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]i feel sad for u[/quote]
              Don't you worry about me bud. I am feeling great.

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"][quote user="byron"]

I am going to end with this ... if for some reason they were unable to finish thefinals it would be recorded as just that... no winner was determined for the 08/09 season rather than the Celtics still hold the title because the season never finished. I flip floped because I believe this is how it would go down in the books. No finals winner 08/09</P>

[/quote]</P>

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</P>[/quote] ye ha... right on...i'm with ya

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well its been a good day of kicking lando, moorehead, dezzr, and blondies ***** but its time to punch have a wonderful evening, i know i will.[/quote]</P>

you didnt kick my ***. nice try tho. you put up a good fight young feller.</P>

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="ibleedblue85"][quote user="byron"]

I am going to end with this ... if for some reason they were unable to finish thefinals it would be recorded as just that... no winner was determined for the 08/09 season rather than the Celtics still hold the title because the season never finished. I flip floped because I believe this is how it would go down in the books. No finals winner 08/09</p>

Now we allknow thats not going to happen so who wins tonight?</p>

[/quote]</p>

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</p>[/quote] ye ha... right on...i'm with ya[/quote]
                    Are you changing sides again?

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</p>

when someone else takes the title off them and becomes the new champion</p>[/quote]

It was a rhetorical question [:P]

here's the order In my opinion Amanda.

2007-8 season ends, Celtics are rightfully called "THE CHAMPS"
                      2008-9 season starts...you MUST now call the Celtics the "DEFENDING Champs"..they are no longer "The Champs...they are the "Defending Champs" (Or reigning your choice)
                      2008-9 Playoffs the Celtics are Eliminated, they are now nothing more then "The Celtics" or maybe "Last Years Champs" but you can't call them the just "The Champs"

for example, right now your Phillies are the DEFENDING Champs, they are no longer, "The Champs" that ended when this season of baseball started, now if your Phillies don't make it to the playoffs or are knocked out, to me, they will just be, The Phillies, or, Last Years Champs...but in my opinion, you will no longer have the right to call the phillies the champs...because they clearly are not the champs at that point.

[Anyhow, the majority of the people on these boards at least think it works the way I entailed above, you are welcome to your own opinion though, it was a close vote]

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]

[/quote]</P>

when someone else takes the title off them and becomes the new champion</P>

[/quote]

It was a rhetorical question [:P]

here's the order In my opinion Amanda.

2007-8 season ends, Celtics are rightfully called "THE CHAMPS"
                        2008-9 season starts...you MUST now call the Celtics the "DEFENDING Champs"..they are no longer "The Champs...they are the "Defending Champs" (Or reigning your choice)
                        2008-9 Playoffs the Celtics are Eliminated, they are now nothing more then "The Celtics" or maybe "Last Years Champs" but you can't call them the just "The Champs"

for example, right now your Phillies are the DEFENDING Champs, they are no longer, "The Champs" that ended when this season of baseball started, now if your Phillies don't make it to the playoffs or are knocked out, to me, they will just be, The Phillies, or, Last Years Champs...but in my opinion, you will no longer have the right to call the phillies the champs...because they clearly are not the champs at that point.
                        [/quote]</P>

we are just seeing it at two different points and all we are doing is repeating ourselves so a further debate is pointless right now. i think they are still considered the reigning champs until the next team wins the world series. imo i think they still are the champs, even if they arent competing, no one else has won a trophy or title yet, so they were the last too do so and therefore until someone else does they are reigning lol ...</P>

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</P>

[/quote]

No one is trying to take the Celtics 07/08 Title away from them, it's theirs forever, the point is they are reigning or defending champions this year for the 08/09 season, not just "Champions".

the problem with that arises when they can no longer "Defend" their championship, or "Reign" over their competition.

[/quote]</P>

so they go from Champs to defending Champs to nobody's depending on how they do during theseason....</P>

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"]

we are just seeing it at two different points and all we are doing is repeating ourselves so a further debate is pointless right now. i think they are still considered the reigning champs until the next team wins the world series. imo i think they still are the champs, even if they arent competing, no one else has won a trophy or title yet, so they were the last too do so and therefore until someone else does they are reigning lol ...</p>[/quote]

Except that in order to reign by definition you need to have authority over or be able to exercise power over your peers (in this case other teams) and the only way for that to be the case is for them to still be competing in my eyes...I don't see what authority or power the Celtics have over the Magic or the Lakers at this point, so I don't see how anyone could consider them reigning champions or defending champions since the two mean the same exact thing to me in this particular context.

But yeah, we are just going round in circles...no hard feelings though, you seemed to get a little angry before [:P]

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="byron"]

I am going to end with this ... if for some reason they were unable to finish thefinals it would be recorded as just that... no winner was determined for the 08/09 season rather than the Celtics still hold the title because the season never finished. I flip floped because I believe this is how it would go down in the books. No finals winner 08/09</P>

</P>[/quote] put it this way, u joined the right side[/quote]

[/quote] oh ...my favorite colorand the name of my favorite song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLRLhV9U0kQ....thanks man

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"][quote user="ibleedblue85"][quote user="byron"]

[/quote]</P>

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</P>[/quote] ye ha... right on...i'm with ya[/quote]
                                Are you changing sides again?
                                [/quote] sorry... only to part that the games won't be played... we will have a finals winner i like the Lakers myself []

Comment

Working...
                                X