This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

[quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]For the sake of an orderly transition, may I suggest that Matt start the new THEE thread on Monday, July 22nd. That way there is no confusion. Does this make sense?[/quote]</P>

huh? apparently it doesnt make sense lol</P>

[/quote] OK Pizz. Let me explain it to you. The boards are closing Wednesday and the new boards are opening Monday. We will obviously want to start our thread again. I was suggesting that Matt start it on Monday so we all know where to go.[/quote] I ain't buying it!!![/quote] What is it you guys aren't understanding?[/quote]</P>

not that I dont believe YOU....but, I'll believe it when I see it happen I guess is what B meant lol, and im with him!! haha</P>[/quote]
    Oh! Personally I hope it never happens but evidentally is on for Monday.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]will we lose the history...

we still haven't gotten to 10,000 pages yet.
      [/quote]Im pretty positive we broke the record for most pages in a thread.
      [/quote]</P>

yea, but for some reason we didn't get it acknowledged.....matt has more info on that I think.</P>
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]</P>

*</P>

wow really, tahts surprising considering your pushing for the legacy league</P>[/quote]

Its how it is in the dynasty league. 3 wr 2 Rb 1 te and a rb/te/wr flex

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]For the sake of an orderly transition, may I suggest that Matt start the new THEE thread on Monday, July 22nd. That way there is no confusion. Does this make sense?[/quote]</P>

huh? apparently it doesnt make sense lol</P>

[/quote] OK Pizz. Let me explain it to you. The boards are closing Wednesday and the new boards are opening Monday. We will obviously want to start our thread again. I was suggesting that Matt start it on Monday so we all know where to go.[/quote] I ain't buying it!!![/quote] What is it you guys aren't understanding?[/quote]</P>

not that I dont believe YOU....but, I'll believe it when I see it happen I guess is what B meant lol, and im with him!! haha</P>[/quote]
          Oh! Personally I hope it never happens but evidentally is on for Monday.[/quote]

Evidentally?

Comment

Matt you'd better screen cap this thread and save it somewhere for posterity.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="byron"][quote user="Morehead State"][quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="Morehead State"]For the sake of an orderly transition, may I suggest that Matt start the new THEE thread on Monday, July 22nd. That way there is no confusion. Does this make sense?[/quote]</p>

huh? apparently it doesnt make sense lol</p>

[/quote] OK Pizz. Let me explain it to you. The boards are closing Wednesday and the new boards are opening Monday. We will obviously want to start our thread again. I was suggesting that Matt start it on Monday so we all know where to go.[/quote] I ain't buying it!!![/quote] What is it you guys aren't understanding?[/quote]</p>

not that I dont believe YOU....but, I'll believe it when I see it happen I guess is what B meant lol, and im with him!! haha</p>[/quote]
              Oh! Personally I hope it never happens but evidentally is on for Monday.[/quote]

Evidentally?[/quote]

I think Morehead just created a new internet meme...it used to be...

now we can substitute evidently as well.

Comment

Oh god pizz, those comments on your birthday Reddit Post are hilarious!!!!

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]its what always happens and u'd be stupid not to. Thats why it makes the league less competitive.[/quote]

you'd be stupid to pick a lower value RB instead of a higher value WR....Value is always where it's at in the draft...look at "Reese" :P

the 3 RB theory was key back in the day when every team had one work horse....that's not the case anymore and thus the theory no longer holds true.
                  [/quote]</p>

</p>

no you wouldn't because u may not get that WR next round but odds are you'll probably be able to find a comparable WR. Too many receivers out there getting points to just mandatory start ionly 2 WRs.</p>[/quote]

yes you would because drafting 3 top flight receivers is better then drafting 2 top flight receivers and 1 mediocre RB.

it's almost as if you would reccomend starting a BAD RB in the Flex over a good WR in the flex just because...well it's a running back....which is ******ed...

the flex lets you start 3 WR's too if you want...so if the 3 best players you can get are receivers why not get them...why get worse players just because of their positions?
                  [/quote]

Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]bottom line: last time Daven posted this same exact argument - he drafted 3 RBs in the 1st 4 rounds

#themoreyouknow[/quote]Ya mans Jason Kidd was busted in a DWI.
                    [/quote]

haha leaving a charity...

his heart was in the right place

Comment

[quote user="Morehead State"]For the sake of an orderly transition, may I suggest that Matt start the new THEE thread on Monday, July 22nd. That way there is no confusion. Does this make sense?[/quote]

soon as it opens i'll do it

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="Morehead State"] Deciding who to start is no challenge.[/quote]

you don't take into account who your players are playing against? of course there is challenge in who to start week to week.

[quote user="Morehead State"] the challenge is building your team, monitoring the league and having some imagination on who to pick up and who to drop. It means knowing the schedule, who's got what opponents down the road. Who's got bye's coming up. etc..... You win with preparation, not game time decisions.[/quote]

I would say are both equal, paying attention the day of to see if someone is a late scratch...whether it be your #2 WR for example...or just as important say you have a #2 WR going up against revis so you decide to sit him but that day Revis is scratched....you have time to go in and re-start your #2 guy.

Game day decisions are just as important as your draft over the long run, just like your Free Agent picks are just as important as well, the draft is obviously important, but being able to make decisions week to week and being able to recover from injuries the the free agent market are just as important.
                        [/quote]</p>

</p>

no where near to the degree that we put time into figuring who we want to draft and how is the best way to go about it</p>[/quote] bpa....or justwing it[/quote]

well that may be you, but most people mock and do alot of research. You may get that on sundays with some decisions, but nothing is bigger than deciding who u think is BPA and getting info on your players. The most research is def done in the draft in comparison to putting a starting lineup out. Infact the draft dictates what your starting lineup is

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"]will we lose the history...

[/quote]

yea pretty sure we are

Comment

[quote user="lawl"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]

[quote user="lawl"]If theres a potential for a 3 wr 2 rb plus a flex then I do not want to vote for flex.[/quote]</p>

</p>

wow really, tahts surprising considering your pushing for the legacy league</p>[/quote]

Its how it is in the dynasty league. 3 wr 2 Rb 1 te and a rb/te/wr flex[/quote]

i know thats why im saying im surprised ur that against it

Comment

[quote user="JPizzack"]

[quote user="dezzzR"][quote user="DavenIII"]will we lose the history...

[/quote]Im pretty positive we broke the record for most pages in a thread.
                              [/quote]</p>

yea, but for some reason we didn't get it acknowledged.....matt has more info on that I think.</p>[/quote]

i googled it for a day, i never got the answer I wanted and we had to pay to even be reviewed - **** that

Comment

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]Its simple Daven, go look at the top 36 WRs and go look at the top 24 RBs...

then add in the fact that some people will be getting 3 of the top 24 RBs...[/quote]

I've looked, there isn't a large discrepancy I see no reason why someone wouldn't give up say a #24 RB for a #20 WR.

of course some people will end up with 3 top 24 RB's others will end up with 3 top 24 Wr's which is just as good, those two things are the same now, it didn't used to be but it is now...which is why Flex doesn't necessarily mean everyone should go for an extra RB anymore, now they should go where ever the value is...and it's pretty equal between WR and RB so which ever the best on the board is at that time WR or RB doesn't matter is the player that should be taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X