• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Oct 11th vs RAIDERS --- We Be Meeting Up

[quote user="byron"]i like the Lakers myself [][/quote]
    Smartest thing you have said all day.

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</P>

[/quote]

No one is trying to take the Celtics 07/08 Title away from them, it's theirs forever, the point is they are reigning or defending champions this year for the 08/09 season, not just "Champions".

the problem with that arises when they can no longer "Defend" their championship, or "Reign" over their competition.

at that point, what are they? just another NBA team.
      [/quote]</P>

so they go from Champs to defending Champs to nobody's depending on how they do during theseason....</P>

[/quote] The way i get it is , there two champ winners now east / west playing for title</P>

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="byron"]i like the Lakers myself [][/quote]
        Smartest thing you have said all day.
        [/quote] I'm going to quit while I ahead lol

Comment

[quote user="byron"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</P>

[/quote]

No one is trying to take the Celtics 07/08 Title away from them, it's theirs forever, the point is they are reigning or defending champions this year for the 08/09 season, not just "Champions".

the problem with that arises when they can no longer "Defend" their championship, or "Reign" over their competition.

[/quote]</P>

so they go from Champs to defending Champs to nobody's depending on how they do during theseason....</P>

[/quote] The way i get it is , there two champ winners now east / west playing for title</P>

[/quote]</P>

hmmm...right now the reigning NFC East division title belongs to the Giants..are we not considered the NFC East Champs until someone else wins it next year..regardless of howthey play..</P>

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="byron"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

hmmm...right now the reigning NFC East division title belongs to the Giants..are we not considered the NFC East Champs until someone else wins it next year..regardless of howthey play..</P>[/quote] Oh ...man Bw I'm going to do a bump and run here..[] Some of your prier postsgot me thinking about dancing with the old ball and chain. your a funny guy bw

Comment

lol..have a good night Byron..

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="byron"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

your right there would be no 08/09 champ if they discontinued the NBA outta no where but the celtics were the last ones to win a title and you cant take that away from them.. plus bad comparrison because that would never happen</p>

[/quote]

[/quote]</p>

so they go from Champs to defending Champs to nobody's depending on how they do during theseason....</p>

[/quote] The way i get it is , there two champ winners now east / west playing for title</p>

[/quote]</p>

hmmm...right now the reigning NFC East division title belongs to the Giants..are we not considered the NFC East Champs until someone else wins it next year..regardless of howthey play..</p>[/quote]

I think we are saying the same thing here.

Giants are NFC East Champs, right now, when this football season starts, The Giants will then be "Defending/Reigning NFC East Champs, if say for example, we go 0-10 and are mathematically out of contention for the title, we are then, just the Giants, or just Last Years NFC East Champs, but you can't call us defending champs, reigning champs or "Champs" anymore.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="byron"][quote user="bandwgn86"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="ibleedblue85"]

[/quote]

[/quote]</P>

[/quote]</P>

hmmm...right now the reigning NFC East division title belongs to the Giants..are we not considered the NFC East Champs until someone else wins it next year..regardless of howthey play..</P>

[/quote]

I think we are saying the same thing here.

Giants are NFC East Champs, right now, when this football season starts, The Giants will then be "Defending/Reigning NFC East Champs, if say for example, we go 0-10 and are mathematically out of contention for the title, we are then, just the Giants, or just Last Years NFC East Champs, but you can't call us defending champs, reigning champs or "Champs" anymore.
                  [/quote]</P>

you are so wrong.. when(or if)they crown someone elseat end of the regular season as NFCEast Champs thats when we are dethroned </P>

Comment

[quote user="bandwgn86"]

you are so wrong.. when(or if)they crown someone elseat end of the regular season as NFCEast Champs thats when we are dethroned </p>[/quote]

nope, not at all.

how can we be the champs of a division when everyone has exactly the same record...we can be LAST YEARS Champs, or DEFENDING champs, but it's impossible to be the current champs...that's why the games are played...

Using your logic. If we were the current champs then week one I suppose we already made the playoffs with homefield advantage since were the champs? lol.

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

you are so wrong.. when(or if)they crown someone elseat end of the regular season as NFCEast Champs thats when we are dethroned </P>

[/quote]

nope, not at all.

how can we be the champs of a division when everyone has exactly the same record...we can be LAST YEARS Champs, or DEFENDING champs, but it's impossible to be the current champs...that's why the games are played...

Using your logic. If we were the current champs then week one I suppose we already made the playoffs with homefield advantage since were the champs? lol.
                      [/quote]</P>

you're being silly..</P>

we hold that title and will continue to be called that tillthey crown someone else with it.. </P>

Comment

[quote user="bigblue4417"]

<font color="#0000ff" size="4">Steve Smith reppin the Mets. There you go Daven</font>
                        [/quote]

That makes me sick

Comment

[quote user="patsrule666"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="bigblue4417"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]yea well i let landon hold my ****.. it may be his for the sucking for 20 minutes, but that doesn't mean its his forever lol[/quote]
                          LMAO, not so good of an example.
                          [/quote] i was just trying to point out that u suck my ****.. mission accomplished[/quote] LMAO- after yesterday, i have my doubts about him...lol.</p>

One thing is for sure, i will never look at a Mormon the same way ever....</p>[/quote]

LMAOOOOOOOO

Comment

[quote user="ibleedblue85"]

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]well its been a good day of kicking lando, moorehead, dezzr, and blondies ***** but its time to punch have a wonderful evening, i know i will.[/quote]</p>

you didnt kick my ***. nice try tho. you put up a good fight young feller.</p>[/quote]

We whooped your little ***, so I don't know what ur talking about

Comment

"Kobe Bryant went from being Mariano Rivera, the greatest closer to Brad Lidge"

Mike Wilbon on PTI this afternoon discussing Game 3

THAT'S MY BOY

Comment

[quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="bandwgn86"]

you are so wrong.. when(or if)they crown someone elseat end of the regular season as NFCEast Champs thats when we are dethroned </P>[/quote]

nope, not at all.

[/quote] Daven... The wording important...thats where I got ****ed up today... I get what your saying here and agree you can't be current champs when a new season starts. Once the playoffs start the trophy's/ titles or whatevergo back to the commish to be handed out to the winners of said playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X