This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    I guess because shes been prescribed this since she was in high school and she felt he didnt believe her. If a doctor said im not giving you your meds until you see a shrink, id be pretty mad as well. She cant afford to see one anyway.
    I would imagine its a violation of medical ethics to prescribe something without an examination. He has an obligation to her to examine her before he prescribes something.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Why would she feel insulted? The new Doc has an obligation to make sure that the prescription was appropriate. How do they know that some quack didn't perscribe the wrong thing in FL?
      To me thats just a doctor looking out for the patient.
      But thats what the appointments for. To examine her. I never herd a doctor push a shrink(most likely a friend of his) on someone who needs medication and has prescriptions from past doctors. He was probably just nervous about all these doctors getting busted.

Comment

But thats what the appointments for. To examine her. I never herd a doctor push a shrink(most likely a friend of his) on someone who needs medication and has prescriptions from past doctors. He was probably just nervous about all these doctors getting busted.
        you know whats funny, is that he probably didnt even check to see when she was prescribed it last or anything. all that stuff is filed on a massive national database. I worked as a pharmacy tech when i was 18 years old, and when we entered scripts to be filled for refills, it would tell us when it was last entered EVEN IF it was at a different pharmacy. So we'd be like "I'm sorry, but this prescription of Percocet was just filled 3 days at Rite Aid. We cant do this for 25 more days."
        Doctors have access to that also, in order to avoid accidentally doubling up what another doctor might do. Also, doctors prescribe electronically off of tablets now that send directly to whatever pharmacy you choose.....well, all my doctors do anyway....
        Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• So Jobas back. Bullpen is pretty solid at the moment. Starting pitching is not. I think theyll start him. Throw him to the wolves. **** the 6 inning garbage.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimorehead View Post
            CBs coach Peter Giunta indicated S Antrel Rolle will be back at nickel CB with Terrell Thomas out, though he conceded that's not ideal. - From Ralph Vacchiano
            Argh, I wanna see Rolle at his natural position, SAFETY!!!!

We gotta hope that Hosely gets well and has a smooth transition into the NFL, CB is usually one of the toughest positions to make the jump from college to the pros
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

In Reese We Trust
              John Mara just walked by with a bandage on his head and said "You should see what Jerry Jones looks like." - From Ralph Vacchiano
              AWESOME!!!!

The Mara's are a top notch family
              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

• I think It would be more surprising if he didn't send her to a shrink....

it's part of his job to do what he did, I don't understand why anyone would be upset about that.

The "shrink" may be able to figure out a better treatment method then what she was currently doing before...or may find that she simply doesn't need it anymore....isn't that a "good" thing? why would anyone be upset about getting good care?

Comment

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UBld76CuOSp

I want him to get the 3 spot. Hes too explosive to be sitting on the bench
                  Nice article about Jerrnigan.

I dont care who gets that 3rd spot, but I just dont have faith in Hixons health at WR, Im not sold on Barden, Reuben Randle is intriguing and Jerrnigan could be the Wild Card

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                    I think It would be more surprising if he didn't send her to a shrink....

it's part of his job to do what he did, I don't understand why anyone would be upset about that.

The "shrink" may be able to figure out a better treatment method then what she was currently doing before...or may find that she simply doesn't need it anymore....isn't that a "good" thing? why would anyone be upset about getting good care?
                    I think you guys are being a bit ridiculous. Shes been prescribed this for years. Showed him past slips from two different doctors. She cant afford to see one anyway. So hows she going to get her medication??

Comment

• you can't just accept that others where right before you and just keep it going, what if they were wrong? what if the situation has changed....you can't just prescribe drugs to someone because they were prescribed before at some point, that's borderline criminal behavior.

I suppose I should just have an open prescription for codeine because it was prescribed for me when I had pneumonia 3 years ago, and lets give me some free Vicodin and maybe some percs too because I had them when my wisdom teeth were removed.

it's insane in my opinion to believe that a new doctor will just continue prescriptions given to you from a previous doctor...just because...without checking into it him/herself.

Comment

• Come on, shes not trying to get pain killers. This is for ADD and its a very low dosage, the lowest they make.

Again thats what the appointments for, to assess the patient. If he doesnt think she needs it, just tell her.

Comment

• Gotta agree with Scrappy on this one. Doctor has to put his name on it. And only a psychiatrist can make that evaluation.
                          You should know that Dez.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Gotta agree with Scrappy on this one. Doctor has to put his name on it. And only a psychiatrist can make that evaluation.
                            You should know that Dez.
                            Different doctors do things differently.

Comment

Different doctors do things differently.
                              Exactly, that's why the new doctor needs to do his own evaluation before he puts his name on a prescription. That doctor apparently thought having her see a "shrink" was necessary before making his decision....

how is this a bad thing? he's only doing what he thinks is best, not only that but who are we to question this decision...neither of us are doctors dez.

now if it's going to prevent her from getting the pills she believes she needs because she can't see the shrink because of money that is something she should tell the doctor...maybe they can work something out.

Comment

• I thought we voted for flex

Comment

Working...
                                X