Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
    I don't like having a bunch of scrubs on my roster. Their point output is so low it's not even worth having them on your team. Since this is only a one year thing, then I feel as though ST points need to have some importance so that there are more players that aren't completely useless that can fill out rosters.
    this is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. There's not really much decision making involved with such a huge roster. Sure your draft becomes important, but then it's not a matter of longevity, its just the draft.
    You just start your team, and plug in backups on bye weeks...that's it.
    I came in 2nd place in this league 2 years ago simply because my opponents were bad when i played them, and because Drew Brees was so ****ing ridiculous that I didnt really care who started on my team. It wasn't because the scrubs were performing, I can tell you that much...
    Last edited by JPizzack; 08-06-2012, 06:43 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      this is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. There's not really much decision making involved with such a huge roster. Sure your draft becomes important, but then it's not a matter of longevity, its just the draft.
      You just start your team, and plug in backups on bye weeks...that's it.
      I came 2nd in this league 2 years ago simply because my opponents were bad when i played them, and because Drew Brees was so ****ing ridiculous that I didnt really care who started on my team. It wasn't because the scrubs were performing, I can tell you that much...
      yeah and as I remember it that was Matts whole thing it made the draft far more competitive and skill oriented ... I brought into that argument and didn't think about the points you make here...I don't know if these/your points were brought out before I voted...again I should have probably throught it all through on my own...but this is what? my 4th year I think as an ff player I made my vote based on the debate at the time ....

      becides that I'm just an old carpenter not a rocket scientist
      Last edited by byron; 08-06-2012, 06:54 PM.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by byron View Post
        yeah and as I remember it that was Matts whole thing it made the draft far more competitive and skill oriented ... I brought into that argument and didn't think about the points you make here...I don't know if these/your points were brought out before I voted...again I should have probably throught it all through on my own...but this is what? my 4th year I think as an ff player I made my vote based on the debate at the time ....

        becides that I'm just an old carpenter not a rocket scientist
        Well, I wasnt on the boards for a week or so, came back right at the voting. But at that point I was not in the league, and even when i was asked to be again, I was not allowed to vote due to the rules about the prior year players.
        I'm just letting people know why I don't like this unorthodox set up to a league. Changing scoring is fairly normal, because people like to make sure positions are at least close to the same value, but, to have a league that already has 12 players, WITH a deep bench, and now to add flex + an addition WR....idk....that's just boring to me.
        Oderint Dum Metuant

        It's too bad, I'm too good....

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          Well, I wasnt on the boards for a week or so, came back right at the voting. But at that point I was not in the league, and even when i was asked to be again, I was not allowed to vote due to the rules about the prior year players.
          I'm just letting people know why I don't like this unorthodox set up to a league. Changing scoring is fairly normal, because people like to make sure positions are at least close to the same value, but, to have a league that already has 12 players, WITH a deep bench, and now to add flex + an addition WR....idk....that's just boring to me.
          yeah I hear ya...the other thing too is everybody was chiming in with opions some angry its hard to make sence of and absorb it all sometimes....

          Comment


          • hey Jp I wonder how long DB and AR will be on the board this year



            arrived last night


            5 total Gracie's first litter she totally didn't get it...it took awhile....
            Last edited by byron; 08-06-2012, 07:57 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by byron View Post
              hey Jp I wonder how long DB and AR will be on the board this year



              arrived last night


              5 total Gracie's first litter she totally didn't get it...it took awhile....
              They will all make the mistake of letting Brees fall to me again. Fatal mistake. But that's ok, isn't it?! muahahaha

              yaaaay puppies!!! nice congrats!
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                this is pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. There's not really much decision making involved with such a huge roster. Sure your draft becomes important, but then it's not a matter of longevity, its just the draft.
                You just start your team, and plug in backups on bye weeks...that's it.
                I came in 2nd place in this league 2 years ago simply because my opponents were bad when i played them, and because Drew Brees was so ****ing ridiculous that I didnt really care who started on my team. It wasn't because the scrubs were performing, I can tell you that much...
                You also cried bloody murder when you didn't have your handcuff and somebody else picked them up. Maybe the moral of this story is that you need to focus on your bench more.

                And having the ability to pick up legit players to replace injured or slow players is not more strategical. Pick a good team and make the right moves throughout the year
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigblue4417 View Post
                  3 wr 2 rb and flex is too easy. No tough decisions Will have to be made regarding who to start and sit. You can just play everyone.
                  I agree it sucks, just not as bad as 2 wr flex sucks
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                    what I don't like about this comment is you are suggesting that the 3wr vote has something to do with the flex vote...they are completely separate votes and have nothing to do with one another.

                    we decided as a league that having a flex position is good, period end of story over.

                    then Matt...being butt hurt over it decided to make up for that he was going to try an add another WR spot to the roster.

                    that's an entirely different vote that the league also decided was a good idea.

                    now everyone seems to be angry about 3WR+Flex....fine, whatever...but the point is we agreed on flex we just don't seem to agree on Flex AND 3wr's...since Flex was passed first the only thing up for discussion should be 3 WR's
                    Wow what a 180. The history is there I said we'd take the compromise vote before the main vote was over and ven in that 5 minutes where ok Mammy switched her vote
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                      you guys are funny, I think 3WR 2RB + Flex is going to be WAY harder than you guys anticipate.
                      Lol it absolutely is. I'm in a league like that last year. Leads to more trades, more decisions.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigblue4417 View Post
                        Which is why it HAS to be changed to one or the other. We are Not rookies here
                        The biggest rookie leagues are 2 we flex, make no mistake on that
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigblue4417 View Post
                          And to think, if MH didnt change his mind none of this would be happening.
                          But it would of. Whatever thread page I posted the other day would of showed u that.

                          U guys complain about everything not being fair, so we vote and then u complain about voting. Is comical
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by byron View Post
                            you sure you want to open up that can of worms ?!....lol


                            I'll fess up.... I did... not sure why anymore,Daven, Matt and I believe Amanda...the others know who they are
                            I believe it was me, Byron, Amanda, daven, lando, and somebody else I forgot
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                              Lol it absolutely is. I'm in a league like that last year. Leads to more trades, more decisions.
                              More trades and more decisions depend on the people not the setup of the league

                              3WR Flex sucks the ol brasciole
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                                the whole flex vote starts on page 15546.....I'll say this matt was talking about the 3wr flex thing very early in the vote/debate....the second vote happened right after two wr flex passed....lol.........it went like this 3wr passed matt called it then mh changed his vote 2wr/flex wins matt calls that then calls for the 3wr/flex vote it passes final.....I was there !.......I don't care what the rule is but I would like to see the voting process cleaned up it ill eliminate these cluster ****s .....
                                Holy Christ, are u guys om crack
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X