This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    Pizz is exaggerating but it's true thy half the league wouldn't of been allowed to play in Ruth's day. And as for the best players, all u have to do is look at all star rosters and do the simple math. More than half the Allstars arent white.

Keep in mind Jeter wouldn't be able to play either
    To me the Golden Age of baseball was the 60's into the early 70's. You had a time where ALL players (white, black hispanic) were allowed to play MLB, and still all the good athletes were playing baseball. Now they gravitate to football and basketball.
    There was nothing like Roberto Clemente who was just about the best player I ever saw.
    Baseball in the early years was restricted and therefore all the best players weren't playing. And now its all about power and hitting HR's and no one can throw a baseball for God's sakes. Everyone is jacked. The art of baseball is dead.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      To me the Golden Age of baseball was the 60's into the early 70's. You had a time where ALL players (white, black hispanic) were allowed to play MLB, and still all the good athletes were playing baseball. Now they gravitate to football and basketball.
      There was nothing like Roberto Clemente who was just about the best player I ever saw.
      Baseball in the early years was restricted and therefore all the best players weren't playing. And now its all about power and hitting HR's and no one can throw a baseball for God's sakes. Everyone is jacked. The art of baseball is dead.
      Yea baseball is a hurting sport. thats why they need to allow PEDs lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
        Besides the fact that I'll be in rhode island? Lol

Nfl network isn't suppose to start until today, and I'm not sure jersey gets it. Plus u have to have the silver, gold, or sports package
        you are going to be in RI from 10AM sat till 3AM sunday? if so fine acceptable, about the NFL Network, I have a special package just not sure which :P
        Last edited by DavenIII; 08-17-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          yea, im not sure why Dezz didn't get my point yesterday. It's simple. if the players who play today were allowed to play in ruth's era, the record books would be different.
          idk what's so hard to understand about that. Dezz made it a race thing...but it's not....its about an inaccurate sample size.
          of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
          You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            of course the record books would be different if you put todays hofers back then. todays game has evolved. Baseball has been taught for over 100 years now.
            You can make the same statement for any sport. The players have it easier today with scouting reports, trainers, peds. Id be surprised if the babe knew what a dumbbell was. It IS indeed a race thing. That was the whole point of Toshs joke, thinking black people dominate baseball, but he was wrong.
            No Dezz. You are missing the point. It isn't about "if today's players played back then". Its about "if all the best players back then were allowed to play in the majors".
            Some of the best baseball players of that time were NOT ALLOWED to play. MLB was a restricted league.
            How is it you're not getting this.

Comment

Ok Dezzz.....let's say ther are no current players....
              let's just say INSTEAD that in the 1920s hispanics and blacks were allowed to play baseball....

Do you still think the results would be the same? If you still say yes, than I know you are just being ignorant and are focusing too much on the race thing on whatever principle youre sticking to.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

No Dezz. You are missing the point. It isn't about "if today's players played back then". Its about "if all the best players back then were allowed to play in the majors".
                Some of the best baseball players of that time were NOT ALLOWED to play. MLB was a restricted league.
                How is it you're not getting this.
                nevermind....i dont want to attack Dezz....i just dont understand why he doesnt understand. lol
                Last edited by JPizzack; 08-17-2012, 11:37 AM.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

nevermind....i dont want to attack Dezz....i just dont understand why he doesnt understand. lol
                  Killjoy!!!

Comment

Killjoy!!!
                    lol...umm sorry
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                      you are going to be in RI from 10AM sat till 3AM sunday? if so fine acceptable, about the NFL Network, I have a special package just not sure which :P
                      doing a mini vacation be back monday
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

lol...umm sorry
                        Kill joy, Bad guy,
                        Big talking, Small fry
                        You're just an old barrow - boy
                        Have you found a new toy to replace me,
                        Can you face me -
                        But now you can kiss my *** goodbye

Comment

no, you've missed tosh's point as well

by saying black he was saying minorities, your being too literal

his point was if it wasn't the best competition, which it wasn't by a long shot, then how can u value those stats?

Comment

Kill joy, Bad guy,
                            Big talking, Small fry
                            You're just an old barrow - boy
                            Have you found a new toy to replace me,
                            Can you face me -
                            But now you can kiss my *** goodbye
                            uhm huh???????????

Comment

• No you guys are missing a point. Tosh made a joke insinuating that black players would have dominated the league if the league was unsegregated back then. But hes wrong, they dont even dominate the sport today.

Would some records be different if aa's were allowed to play back then, sure. But this whole, lets put a asteric next to his name because no aa's played back then is beyond dumb.

Comment

No you guys are missing a point. Tosh made a joke insinuating that black players would have dominated the league if the league was unsegregated back then. But hes wrong, they dont even dominate the sport today.

Would some records be different if aa's were allowed to play back then, sure. But this whole, lets put a asteric next to his name because no aa's played back then is beyond dumb.
                                no the point was that minorities weren't allowed at all, your being too literal.

Everybody else knows exactly what he was saying except you lol.

The "BLACK LEAGUES" were not just filled with black players, you do realize that right

Comment

Working...
                                X