Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    if 70% of Hixon is better than 100% of Jernigan... give me Hixon
    70% Hixon is not better then any WR on our roster at 100%

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      70% Hixon is not better then any WR on our roster at 100%
      yea lol, i'm not sure where Matt was going with that one.
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Hertz looked good last night. I like Chase a lot but the kid is ready now.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          yea lol, i'm not sure where Matt was going with that one.
          I'm sure he meant other than Nicks and Cruz.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Linvil Joseph was a force up the middle last night.

            Comment


            • I think were going to keep rotating the 3rd wr until one of them shows something

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I'm sure he meant other than Nicks and Cruz.
                I'm sure he did also, but it still doesn't make sense, 100% of Hixon is not as good at 100% of JJ/Barden or most of the other WR's on our roster, 70% of Hixon would clearly be of no use to our team whatsoever....it would be a detriment to the team not to cut him if he was 70% (maybe even if he's 100%) because it would keep guys like Randle and JJ off the team....those guys are younger and they look like they are already more talented, why would you take perhaps the worst receiver on our roster....who has injury problems....and is older then your other option....it really makes no sense at all.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Linvil Joseph was a force up the middle last night.
                  yea thank god. lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                    I'm sure he did also, but it still doesn't make sense, 100% of Hixon is not as good at 100% of JJ/Barden or most of the other WR's on our roster, 70% of Hixon would clearly be of no use to our team whatsoever....it would be a detriment to the team not to cut him if he was 70% (maybe even if he's 100%) because it would keep guys like Randle and JJ off the team....those guys are younger and they look like they are already more talented, why would you take perhaps the worst receiver on our roster....who has injury problems....and is older then your other option....it really makes no sense at all.
                    I'm sorry Daven but guys who have yet to do a thing on the field don't get the credit that Hixon has. He has played and produced for us, including a great catch last year that tore up his knee AND won us a football game.
                    You can say that you think JJ and Barden have the upside to surpass Hixon, but you can't say that they are better football players than Hixon right now without backing it up on the filed in ANY way.
                    I guess I'm with Matt on this. Thats not to say that I would definately keep Hixon instead of one of those guys, because sometimes you have to take that risk, but Hixon HAS produced and those guys haven't.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Ryan killed it last night.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I'm sorry Daven but guys who have yet to do a thing on the field don't get the credit that Hixon has. He has played and produced for us, including a great catch last year that tore up his knee AND won us a football game.
                        You can say that you think JJ and Barden have the upside to surpass Hixon, but you can't say that they are better football players than Hixon right now without backing it up on the filed in ANY way.
                        I guess I'm with Matt on this. Thats not to say that I would definately keep Hixon instead of one of those guys, because sometimes you have to take that risk, but Hixon HAS produced and those guys haven't.
                        I just dont understand this opinion....well, I do....but I don't...lol
                        The Giants wouldn't spend $3mill on Steve Smith after recovering from his injury....Smith who was a VERY productive receiver for us, much more so than Hixon has ever been. You defended that decision to not offer more than the eagles.

                        Yet youre saying Hixon is a better option than these young guys? Hixon who has torn his ACL twice? Idk man...kind of a double standard of sorts.
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          I'm sorry Daven but guys who have yet to do a thing on the field don't get the credit that Hixon has. He has played and produced for us, including a great catch last year that tore up his knee AND won us a football game.
                          You can say that you think JJ and Barden have the upside to surpass Hixon, but you can't say that they are better football players than Hixon right now without backing it up on the filed in ANY way.
                          I guess I'm with Matt on this. Thats not to say that I would definately keep Hixon instead of one of those guys, because sometimes you have to take that risk, but Hixon HAS produced and those guys haven't.
                          It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

                          Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                            70% Hixon is not better then any WR on our roster at 100%
                            eh debatable...

                            out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

                            PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u
                            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                              Im not counting his receptions, im counting his play when returning kicks against guys who are gonna be 1st team STers
                              he looked alrite, but I mean his biggest one was because of two holding penalties.

                              Dont' get me wrong, i like what i've seen from him but im far from convinced - and again i think we go wtih 7 at WR
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                I'm sure he meant other than Nicks and Cruz.
                                obviously.....
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X