Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
    eh debatable...

    out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

    PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u
    I'll definetly buy him some beers, but I ended up with Cowboys all over again, it's like every single time I miss a draft Cowboy players just love jumping on my team, I guess I'll deal with it this year though I don't have much of a choice, I like that I got Calvin Johnson/Peyton Manning though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      I just dont understand this opinion....well, I do....but I don't...lol
      The Giants wouldn't spend $3mill on Steve Smith after recovering from his injury....Smith who was a VERY productive receiver for us, much more so than Hixon has ever been. You defended that decision to not offer more than the eagles.

      Yet youre saying Hixon is a better option than these young guys? Hixon who has torn his ACL twice? Idk man...kind of a double standard of sorts.
      that was a money situation
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
        eh debatable...

        out of what i've been seeing from Jernigan -- thats highly debatbale

        PS- u owe my buddy some beers for that team he drafted for u
        Well then youre not watching. Had decent return last night. Out of all the wrs looking to be the number 3 he is constantly the fastest off the line of scrimmage. Not his fault the oline cant give carr enough time to throw.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

          Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.


          haha it is your argument

          but theres no exact formula. Just because it was right last time doesn't mean it is this time.

          don't forget Jernigan didn't even beat out Stokely for reps before cruz exploded last year. Nicks came out of the gate beasting as a rookie. Your comparing apples to oranges
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
            I'll definetly buy him some beers, but I ended up with Cowboys all over again, it's like every single time I miss a draft Cowboy players just love jumping on my team, I guess I'll deal with it this year though I don't have much of a choice, I like that I got Calvin Johnson/Peyton Manning though.
            yea he had to leave for the last 3 rounds so i drafted those guys for u lol

            no way you weren't getting Jacobs lol
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
              It's funny Morehead, that was my exact argument for Braylon Edwards in the past, I'm glad we went with Nicks instead...

              Similarly I hope in this situation we go with a younger guy that hasn't proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is injury prone like hixon has, and has the potential to be better then what we know hixon is, which is at best a "competent" receiver that "used" to be the best Kick Returning option we had.
              You may have noticed that I said that it didn't mean we should keep Hixon over those guys. I was simply saying that to say difinitively that Barden or JJ are "better" than Hixon can't be based on anything we've seen on the field. We've essentially seen NOTHING from them on the field.
              I have said that I think Hixon is 50/50 right now to get cut. You have to have an influx of young players and the right combination of vets and kids on the team. There are a million factors including "judging" what someone might do on the field without real game experience.
              But its just a judgement.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Well then youre not watching. Had decent return last night. Out of all the wrs looking to be the number 3 he is constantly the fastest off the line of scrimmage. Not his fault the oline cant give carr enough time to throw.
                whoa, settle down. He had one catch in which he did anything worth of note...
                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  You may have noticed that I said that it didn't mean we should keep Hixon over those guys. I was simply saying that to say difinitively that Barden or JJ are "better" than Hixon can't be based on anything we've seen on the field. We've essentially seen NOTHING from them on the field.
                  I have said that I think Hixon is 50/50 right now to get cut. You have to have an influx of young players and the right combination of vets and kids on the team. There are a million factors including "judging" what someone might do on the field without real game experience.
                  But its just a judgement.
                  no shot ..........
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                    that was a money situation
                    The Giants doctors told the team that SS was simply not ready to play football. Which was backed up by his performance with Philly. Obviously Hixon (since he's playing) is. To compare Hixon's situation to Smith's is silly. Completely different set of facts.
                    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      The Giants doctors told the team that SS was simply not ready to play football. Which was backed up by his performance with Philly. Obviously Hixon (since he's playing) is. To compare Hixon's situation to Smith's is silly. Completely different set of facts.
                      well to start the season... Giants thought he would be good after being PUP'd
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                        whoa, settle down. He had one catch in which he did anything worth of note...
                        and Hixon has done what this preseason.....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                          no shot ..........
                          At this point it seems that he's staying. You think it will be 7 WR's. I'm not sure about that. If its 7, then Hixon is definately staying. If its 6, I can't see them quitting on Douglas. I can't see them cutting Barden since he's done some things this preseason, and no way they quit on JJ.
                          So yes...if its 7, Hixon stays. If its 6, I think Hixon goes. Its really about ST's. There are other guys who play differnt positions who are in the ST mix. Maybe Scott stays because of ST's. That would make it less likely to go 7 at WR.
                          Lots of factors at play.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
                            well to start the season... Giants thought he would be good after being PUP'd
                            How do you know that? PUP gets him to week 7. They could have IR'd him at that point if he stayed a Giant. Point is that given their offer to Smith, they had far less confidence in his readiness to play. Clearly they were right.
                            Smith did the right thing to sign with Philly because that might have been his last real payday. I can't blame him for that.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              At this point it seems that he's staying. You think it will be 7 WR's. I'm not sure about that. If its 7, then Hixon is definately staying. If its 6, I can't see them quitting on Douglas. I can't see them cutting Barden since he's done some things this preseason, and no way they quit on JJ.
                              So yes...if its 7, Hixon stays. If its 6, I think Hixon goes. Its really about ST's. There are other guys who play differnt positions who are in the ST mix. Maybe Scott stays because of ST's. That would make it less likely to go 7 at WR.
                              Lots of factors at play.
                              I see the PS squad for Douglas if they keep 6
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                                How do you know that? PUP gets him to week 7. They could have IR'd him at that point if he stayed a Giant. Point is that given their offer to Smith, they had far less confidence in his readiness to play. Clearly they were right.
                                Smith did the right thing to sign with Philly because that might have been his last real payday. I can't blame him for that.
                                thats exactly waht the report was. Smith didn't want be PUP'd and thats what the Giants wanted to do
                                https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X