This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    He got caught with his pants down by a rookie HC, and complained about it after. I agree that all or most coaches would have reacted the same way...but they would all be wrong.
    They tried to force a fumble on a kneel down play. Thats the only thing to do. I am always pissed when we stand around on defense and let them take a knee without any pressure to take the snap and make that play perfectly.
    if it were us in that situation....we wouldnt deserve to win that game, and not have the opportunity for a late comeback. we laid down for almsot 4 quarters, thats our punishment....the loss.
    And yes, i can honestly say i'd be a bit pissed if one of our tackles tried to dive thru the o-line to hit the QB on a kneel...its just bad sportsmanship. So if you encourage that, you should be in favor of retracting all the *****y hit rules too.
    Last edited by JPizzack; 09-17-2012, 12:58 PM.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      Now Giants plaayers are saying some of the Bucs were apologizing!!! So some Bucs even thought it was a futile and classless gesture.
      +Juan
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        if it were us in that situation....we wouldnt deserve to win that game, and not have the opportunity for a late comeback. we laid down for almsot 4 quarters, thats our punishment....the loss.
        And yes, i can honestly say i'd be a bit pissed if one of our tackles tried to dive thru the o-line to hit the QB on a kneel...its just bad sportsmanship. So if you encourage that, you should be in favor of retracting all the *****y hit rules too.
        Bull****!
        Go play the game. If they want to take a knee and walk away easy thats their problem. I say line up and try to disrupt the play. Force them to make that exchange and kneel down perfectly. If they bobble the snap, we can get the ball back.
        I hated watching Romo take 3 kneel down snaps while we were standing around, admitting defeat. If none of you think Romo could fumble a snap you haven't been watching football in the last several years.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• So how bout them red sox?
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

So how bout them red sox?
            My dream is to have Bobby V. actually fired on the field. With one of those big hooks.
            He is to the Red Sox as Ray Handley was to the Giants.
            But fret not, its only a one year break from our current dynasty.
            But Ray Handley was actually a decent human being.

Comment

• If a penalty was called on that KP hit I think I would of thrown the remote at my tv. Holmes was laid out on a legal hit as well in the JetsvsSteelers

Comment

My dream is to have Bobby V. actually fired on the field. With one of those big hooks.
                He is to the Red Sox as Ray Handley was to the Giants.
                But fret not, its only a one year break from our current dynasty.
                But Ray Handley was actually a decent human being.
                My dream is that Bobby Valentine coaches them till our core once again retires. lol

Doesn't your team need to make the playoffs once in awhile to continue your make believe dynasty? Missing 3 years in a row...OUCH!!!
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  If a penalty was called on that KP hit I think I would of thrown the remote at my tv. Holmes was laid out on a legal hit as well in the JetsvsSteelers
                  dude, i literally have no idea what im watching anymore....i just love the hits regardless of whether there's a flag or not. the rules allow for big plays to happen. so if you can break up a 40 yard play, and get penalized 10....whatever.
                  KP's saving grace to his sometimes poor reaction discipline is that he's a ****ing truck for a guy his size.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I can't even make fun of the red sox properly....I havent watched baseball more than like 1 game a week. I'm never home for them.
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Id bet the chances of making eli fumble on that play are about on par with blocking a gw fg. why don't teams just let the kicker do his thing? I've always wondered why defenses didn't go harder and now theres finally a guy that will do it. its called playing the percentages, good for schiano

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                        Id bet the chances of making eli fumble on that play are about on par with blocking a gw fg. why don't teams just let the kicker do his thing? I've always wondered why defenses didn't go harder and now theres finally a guy that will do it. its called playing the percentages, good for schiano
                        Didn't you hear? Its simply "not done".
                        You are expected to lay down when the team ahead on the scoreboard informs you that they have won, or get an earful from a HC who's team wasn't prepared for it.

Comment

• Today, Merrill Hoge said that he's been watching and playing football for 40 years, and that you just dont see it happen. It doesn't happen. It's bad sportsmanship.
                          Yes, it IS an unwritten rule.....

I'd be all for it...as long as defensive players are allowed to go helmet to helmet, crush defenseless receivers, "rough" the passers, and well....basically do what a defender is supposed to do. shoot to kill.
                          If we're going to start ignoring knee plays....then i say **** player safety; I want blood on every play, or youre done in this league.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Didn't you hear? Its simply "not done".
                            You are expected to lay down when the team ahead on the scoreboard informs you that they have won, or get an earful from a HC who's team wasn't prepared for it.
                            So why are Buc players saying "sorry" and "Coach told us to do it"

And theres a BIG difference between a field goal and taking a knee.

Comment

Today, Merrill Hoge said that he's been watching and playing football for 40 years, and that you just dont see it happen. It doesn't happen. It's bad sportsmanship.
                              Yes, it IS an unwritten rule.....

I'd be all for it...as long as defensive players are allowed to go helmet to helmet, crush defenseless receivers, "rough" the passers, and well....basically do what a defender is supposed to do. shoot to kill.
                              If we're going to start ignoring knee plays....then i say **** player safety; I want blood on every play, or youre done in this league.
                              Ron Jaworski, Antonio Pierce, Mike Ditka and Mike Golic thought it was fine.

Comment

Ron Jaworski, Antonio Pierce, Mike Ditka and Mike Golic thought it was fine.
                                lol mh if youre going by coaches and former players how about the BUCS themselves, that apologized and said" coach told us to do it".

You lost this one. I agree, play 10000000% every play but when a qb takes a knee, Thats game. Bucs had 59 mins to make a play.

Comment

Working...
                                X