This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Actually teams practice just for that play. Eli and Nicks both said they practiced that play. And if you notice when Nicks scored that TD in GB, both Cruz and Manningham are waiting for a bounce.
    yea, because it's common to go for the PD....
    you have more of a chance to lose the fight for the ball in the air than of knocking the ball into someone else's hand if you try to hit it away.going for an INT is a low % play on the ball.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• just to clarify, I dont really care what happened in this game....to me, its a little ref revenge for when we got screwed in the GB game last regular season with called back TDs, and GB scoring on plays that SHOULD have been called back. It's good for football when the good teams lose sometimes.

I'm just tired of crying about the refs. Sure if it was the Giants I'd be pissed....but i'm used to it....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        yea, because it's common to go for the PD....
        you have more of a chance to lose the fight for the ball in the air than of knocking the ball into someone else's hand if you try to hit it away.going for an INT is a low % play on the ball.
        I dont see how since most teams have at least 5 dbs back there. Im willing to bet more ints come off those plays than tds.

Comment

I dont see how since most teams have at least 5 dbs back there. Im willing to bet more ints come off those plays than tds.
          well fine....if that's the case youre jsut supporting my side of the argument. 5 DBs and not one of those ****ers could punch the ball out of play? what total failure.
          I dont care....eitehr way GB lost that game for themselves with the play.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

well fine....if that's the case youre jsut supporting my side of the argument. 5 DBs and not one of those ****ers could punch the ball out of play? what total failure.
            I dont care....eitehr way GB lost that game for themselves with the play.
            lol THEY CAUGHT THE BALL, they didnt need to punch it away. How does my point help you? haha

Comment

lol THEY CAUGHT THE BALL, they didnt need to punch it away. How does my point help you? haha
              -__-

Because they caused a play to be reviewed.....and lost it. SO CLEEEEAAARLY it worked out so well for them!

How is it hard to understand? if the ball hit the ground, there wouldnt have been a review on anything...hence GB wins.
              They put the game in the refs hands....which is a terrible idea.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

-__-

Because they caused a play to be reviewed.....and lost it. SO CLEEEEAAARLY it worked out so well for them!

How is it hard to understand? if the ball hit the ground, there wouldnt have been a review on anything...hence GB wins.
                They put the game in the refs hands....which is a terrible idea.
                The call was CLEEEEEAAARLY blown pizzle. Come on now.

Comment

The call was CLEEEEEAAARLY blown pizzle. Come on now.
                  I'm not saying it wasn't. I know the call was awful....

I'm just saying I've never heard any football coach/player/analyst etc. say "Always go for the pick"....

it's, "Always go for the PD"

but hey, what do I know, right? I'm not a coach! But if i was, my team would have won last night. HEEYYYOOOOO!!!!!
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I agree with morehead, you knock it away if you can't catch it as a defender...but you'd rather catch it...the hailmary play has receivers waiting for the deflection now a days....probably always did.

that said....I still don't think these refs are any different then the old refs....as far bad calls go I don't think there is a major difference, the real difference is how long it takes to make the calls and the lack of confidence in their calls.

Comment

• So what's the prediction for the iggles game this week?
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                        I agree with morehead, you knock it away if you can't catch it as a defender...but you'd rather catch it...the hailmary play has receivers waiting for the deflection now a days....probably always did.

that said....I still don't think these refs are any different then the old refs....as far bad calls go I don't think there is a major difference, the real difference is how long it takes to make the calls and the lack of confidence in their calls.
                        The hail Mary plays are designed by the offense to catch the batted ball. Yes there are times where batting the ball is a good play. But a player has to understand where he is. For that defender to bat the ball into the crowd he was involved in would definitely risk a catch. The best thing given the scrum he was in was to intercept the ball.....which he did BTW.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

So what's the prediction for the iggles game this week?
                          Bloood......by the buckets

Comment

Bloood......by the buckets
                            lol I hope so.
                            I hope our D-line actually comes out to play this week and kicks the **** out of Vick. And I hope we drop 50 on them =P
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• co-worker just gave me Candy Corn flavored M&Ms.....wtf....

dangerously good
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

lol I hope so.
                                I hope our D-line actually comes out to play this week and kicks the **** out of Vick. And I hope we drop 50 on them =P
                                the dline has been showing up to play Vick, Fewell has a good game plan against moble qbs. pretty much his only good gameplan.

Comment

Working...
                                X