Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Actually....as a whole, this country is not very progressive enough to have people really considered liberal vs. conservative........the entire population is rather conservative, because people just don't accept change very well lol.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • New Topic:

      Is Dezz EVER going to go to a game with us?
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        So if youre Libertarian, why are you not voting for Gary Johnson, who is the Libertarian alternative. That would make a ton more sense, especially considering this country needs to get away from the 2 party system, and we need to be given MANY more choices in our elections.
        I would have voted for Ron Paul...Gary Johnson does not have a shot in hell.

        I'm voting for Romney to "limit" the damage.

        For example...if our country is at a 5 right now on a scale of 1-10 I thing 4 more years of Obama might push us down to a 3, Romney might hold still at a 5, Ron Paul maybe could have pushed it up to a 6 or 7...

        I'd rather stay at 5 then go to 3....I don't have another option Pizz.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          I do think he tried Pizz, but he tried using a "Keynesian" economic model (and an extreme version of it at that)

          what we needed was a "Hayek" based model...those two models are pretty much polar opposites....Obama only knows how to use and apply one (and it seems he has a limited knowledge of economics all together most likely because he's never run a business...he's been in politics his whole life...all he's done is teach "theories" and doing community organizing...it's not HIS fault...but the simple answer why we are worse of right now then we were when he took office is that he is simply not qualified to be the president of the united states...he doesn't have the experience or knowledge base to make the right decisions in SOOOO many areas, he's an eloquent speaker, he's very charismatic, he's a great leader.....but he doesn't have the qualifications to lead this country.

          Romney is smarter when it comes to the economy....that said I don't really like him either...he's a waffler (but so is Obama and most other politicians)

          I'm not voting FOR Romney I'm voting against Obama.
          lmao....vote for someone you don't like just to vote against someone you don't like ....is that not like having no choice !?! .....I cold never do that man... I don't like Romey he don't get my vote or any other person for that matter.....something wrong with that picture Daven

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
            I dont agree with any of those things except that the fed keeps printing money....

            Well, newsflash, the Fed is a private corporation, and benefits from both good and bad economies, so are you really surprised? There hasn't been backing to our dollar since around WW2, and this is EXACTLY what was going to happen by design. It was a system designed to fail. Sucks, doesn't it?

            It's so depressing to me that people don't know how the Federal Reserve works (I'm not saying you don't...this is just a general statement).

            I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
            I think he tried, with out a doubt he is trying. I just dont think taxing the richest Americans, which will only bring in 85 billion a year( feds spend 80 billion per week) is going to fix anything. Spending 2 trillion on a new unproven healthcare law in a unsafe economic environment doesnt help either. Romney may not be much better, but he will give businesses confidence imo.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by byron View Post
              lmao....vote for someone you don't like just to vote against someone you don't like ....is that not like having no choice !?! .....I cold never do that man... I don't like Romey he don't get my vote or any other person for that matter.....something wrong with that picture Daven
              It sucks Byron, but voting is my duty as a citizen of this country, If I want my vote to count for anything I only have two choices, Obama or Romney, out of those two people...Romney will do infinity less damage to this country over the next 4 years....don't get me wrong, they both suck, but one sucks a lot less.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                I would have voted for Ron Paul...Gary Johnson does not have a shot in hell.

                I'm voting for Romney to "limit" the damage.

                For example...if our country is at a 5 right now on a scale of 1-10 I thing 4 more years of Obama might push us down to a 3, Romney might hold still at a 5, Ron Paul maybe could have pushed it up to a 6 or 7...

                I'd rather stay at 5 then go to 3....I don't have another option Pizz.
                of course Johnson doesnt stand a chance. Joe Shmoe doesnt even know he exists. lol
                Ron Paul was ok in my book, despite some of his general social issue opinion "FLAWS"....

                Romney makes me ill.....
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by byron View Post
                  lmao....vote for someone you don't like just to vote against someone you don't like ....is that not like having no choice !?! .....I cold never do that man... I don't like Romey he don't get my vote or any other person for that matter.....something wrong with that picture Daven

                  DEMOCRACY!!!

                  UH'MURICA!!! **** YEA!!!

                  lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                    I dont agree with any of those things except that the fed keeps printing money....

                    Well, newsflash, the Fed is a private corporation, and benefits from both good and bad economies, so are you really surprised? There hasn't been backing to our dollar since around WW2, and this is EXACTLY what was going to happen by design. It was a system designed to fail. Sucks, doesn't it?

                    It's so depressing to me that people don't know how the Federal Reserve works (I'm not saying you don't...this is just a general statement).

                    I just can't understand the logic of those who think that their president didn't TRY to make things better. It didn't matter who was in office this term, everyone still would have complained. I'm horrified that people think Romney is fit to run a country. Absolutely horrified. Despite the terrible economic situation just prior to the 08 election, this is the one I'm going to remember, because it's so ****ing scary.
                    Pizz, if it's any comfort to you, I'm an Independent from NC.

                    Both parties have benefitted from the FED and the House bill to audit the FED was passed on a bipartisan basis. It is, unfortunately languishing in the Senate as Harry Reid will not bring it to the floor for discussion. Schumer was pressuring Bernanke to do the QE3 obviously due to the temporary "sugar rush" impact it would have on consumer spending (confidence). This was then spun by the media as improvement in the economy. Like the first two QEs, the crash from this will come later and consumer confidence is not the only relevant metric to consider. GDP was actually downgraded from the last report as was the US credit downgraded for a second time, the latter due to the FED's issuing of QE3.

                    My husband recently lost his job, but he is not one of those counted in the unemployment numbers reported by the WH. So while things may be improving for some, there are still many others who are struggling.
                    Last edited by swimeasy; 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                      of course Johnson doesnt stand a chance. Joe Shmoe doesnt even know he exists. lol
                      Ron Paul was ok in my book, despite some of his general social issue opinion "FLAWS"....

                      Romney makes me ill.....
                      First off all...there is a Libertarian thread running through the history of our country. We have always been a self reliant people who want to be in control of our own destiny. PURE Libertarianism is a tad wacko for me. But I definitely have a Libertarian slant to my world view. Smaller government in our fiscal policy, and smaller government in our personal lives.
                      This is also the direction we are headed. It has been argued by many economists that we will never reach $20 trillion in national debt. Not because we will show some fiscal responsibility, but because no one will lend us any more money at that point. When that happens, we will be forced, without choice to cut SS and Medicare to the bone. Millions upon millions will be hurt by that. What the GOP wants to do in their clumsy way, is make the reforms now that will prevent that kind of national crisis from happening.

                      They may be almost as sleazy as Dems, but in this case, they are right. And thats the difference.
                      My fear is that since Obama is "cool", and sings Al Green songs in tune and gives a good (if not empty) speech, he will get re-elected and the fiscal cliff is right down the road.
                      I don't care if I like whoever is president, I care about the future of this country.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Byron, your new pups look awesome. Their coats are shiiiiinning maaaan.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                          It sucks Byron, but voting is my duty as a citizen of this country, If I want my vote to count for anything I only have two choices, Obama or Romney, out of those two people...Romney will do infinity less damage to this country over the next 4 years....don't get me wrong, they both suck, but one sucks a lot less.
                          Voting is a right not a duty ...imo Daven.....and I wil not let my freedom of choice be dicated by anyone and or by the lack of choice....buts thats just me .....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                            Byron, your new pups look awesome. Their coats are shiiiiinning maaaan.
                            Thanks man they are all leaving this week so I posted up the pic ....nothing like puppies man

                            Comment


                            • On a more important note, I am up 33 on Blondie and she has, Murray, Witten and the Bears D tonight.
                              What are my chances of holding her off and staying undefeated? Maybe 6 out of 10?
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by byron View Post
                                Voting is a right not a duty ...imo Daven.....and I wil not let my freedom of choice be dicated by anyone and or by the lack of choice....buts thats just me .....
                                Voting is our right, but casting an educated vote is our responsibility.
                                Voting because someone "likes" this guy over another, without considering the impact on the country, is an insult to Democracy.
                                If you don't believe me, ask the Egyptians about right now.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X