Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    Voting is our right, but casting an educated vote is our responsibility.
    Voting because someone "likes" this guy over another, without considering the impact on the country, is an insult to Democracy.
    If you don't believe me, ask the Egyptians about right now.
    well then I'll leave the voting to all you smart *****.....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by byron View Post
      Thanks man they are all leaving this week so I posted up the pic ....nothing like puppies man
      lol Dont you miss them when they leave. Id love to be a breeder but I can say now I wouldnt give any of them away. hahaha

      If you ever want to put them on a raw food diet, I know a guy. I can send you the website if you want. All different types of cuts and everything.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by byron View Post
        well then I'll leave the voting to all you smart *****.....
        No...But one should do their best to understand the problems facing the country and not get overly influenced by superficial nonsense.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          of course Johnson doesnt stand a chance. Joe Shmoe doesnt even know he exists. lol
          Ron Paul was ok in my book, despite some of his general social issue opinion "FLAWS"....

          Romney makes me ill.....
          No offense Pizz, but this last statement of your drives me friggin nuts.
          ITS NOT ABOUT THE CANDIDATE....IT'S ABOUT THE COUNTRY.

          Bill Clinton made me ill. I "liked" H.W. Bush a lot more, but I VOTED for Clinton because it's what I thought was best for the country.
          He wasn't locked into a narrow ideology like our current President is. And as someone who had Romney as my governor, I can tell you that Romney isn't either. He got things done here with super majorities of Dem's in the statehouse.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            No...But one should do their best to understand the problems facing the country and not get overly influenced by superficial nonsense.
            I'd agree.....but I have a problem with being forced by lack of choice to vote for the lesser of two evils....its like the game is rigged.....


            I'm not trying to doing this to upset or piss any one off its the way I see it good or bad
            Last edited by byron; 10-01-2012, 03:34 PM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              No offense Pizz, but this last statement of your drives me friggin nuts.
              ITS NOT ABOUT THE CANDIDATE....IT'S ABOUT THE COUNTRY.

              Bill Clinton made me ill. I "liked" H.W. Bush a lot more, but I VOTED for Clinton because it's what I thought was best for the country.
              He wasn't locked into a narrow ideology like our current President is. And as someone who had Romney as my governor, I can tell you that Romney isn't either. He got things done here with super majorities of Dem's in the statehouse.
              it shouldn't drive you nuts....it's fairly clear to me that he dislikes more people than he wants to help, he comes across as a prejudice, and unaccepting person, driven by religious fundamentals that I personally find disturbing. I also won't vote for multi-millionaires who already control way too much of our country by getting whatever policies they want passed by throwing money in the right direction.

              Another thought:
              Daven(i think it was him) brought up the point that taxing the rich doesn't make alot of money. That's fine and all, but...it doesn't give the rest of us a break from getting hammered day in and day out. The rest of us continue to pay the same, to compensate the taxes for the rich, because damn it's easy to have tax free funds. (my job even does it for people through some of our investment services reps). So they really need to think less about how taxes are going to generate income, and more about just making the lower/middle class paying more. Buyer confidence, although only part of the equation, is important to the economy getting back to it's former self.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

              It's too bad, I'm too good....

              Comment


              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                it shouldn't drive you nuts....it's fairly clear to me that he dislikes more people than he wants to help, he comes across as a prejudice, and unaccepting person, driven by religious fundamentals that I personally find disturbing. I also won't vote for multi-millionaires who already control way too much of our country by getting whatever policies they want passed by throwing money in the right direction.

                Another thought:
                Daven(i think it was him) brought up the point that taxing the rich doesn't make alot of money. That's fine and all, but...it doesn't give the rest of us a break from getting hammered day in and day out. The rest of us continue to pay the same, to compensate the taxes for the rich, because damn it's easy to have tax free funds. (my job even does it for people through some of our investment services reps). So they really need to think less about how taxes are going to generate income, and more about just making the lower/middle class paying more. Buyer confidence, although only part of the equation, is important to the economy getting back to it's former self.
                OMG!!!! How naive are you for God's sake?
                Do you actually believe that Mitt Romney dislikes people he disagrees with?
                I'm sorry Pizz, but that's what I expect from someone who is far less informed than you.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • "I'm willing to vote for a guy who may ruin the country...but he LIKES me....he really likes me!"

                  Good one Pizz.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      OMG!!!! How naive are you for God's sake?
                      Do you actually believe that Mitt Romney dislikes people he disagrees with?
                      I'm sorry Pizz, but that's what I expect from someone who is far less informed than you.
                      I think you misunderstand what I mean by this....it could also be my fault for not conveying my opinion properly....actually, I think that's what happened here.

                      I don't feel a person like Romney, with his social views, is a good fit for a leader of this country.
                      I'm not as well spoken on these matters as I am on others. It's hard to walk the fine line of having political opinions, while not sounding insulting. I'm not good at that, admittedly.
                      I'm not naive to it....sucks that you think that, but oh well...
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                        I think you misunderstand what I mean by this....it could also be my fault for not conveying my opinion properly....actually, I think that's what happened here.

                        I don't feel a person like Romney, with his social views, is a good fit for a leader of this country.
                        I'm not as well spoken on these matters as I am on others. It's hard to walk the fine line of having political opinions, while not sounding insulting. I'm not good at that, admittedly.
                        I'm not naive to it....sucks that you think that, but oh well...
                        Romney is a social moderate. Thats a fact. He was my governor...I can tell you with good experience.
                        And there may not be a more charitable religionon this planet than LDS. The guy gives 20% of his income every year to charity.

                        But he doesn't like you Pizz......I'm sorry.
                        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                          But he doesn't like you Pizz......I'm sorry.
                          he gets to join the club
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                            I think you misunderstand what I mean by this....it could also be my fault for not conveying my opinion properly....actually, I think that's what happened here.

                            I don't feel a person like Romney, with his social views, is a good fit for a leader of this country.
                            I'm not as well spoken on these matters as I am on others. It's hard to walk the fine line of having political opinions, while not sounding insulting. I'm not good at that, admittedly.
                            I'm not naive to it....sucks that you think that, but oh well...
                            Romney does not have the social views you believe he does....

                            that's the problem Pizz, just like I know Obama is not a "socialist" and doesn't want to "Destroy the country" just like I don't care and doubt that he was born outside of the US just like I don't think his connection to Rev. Wright is important.

                            I know all of those things are media spins to make Obama look bad...just as I know that you SHOULD know that Romney doesn't "hate poor people" Romney (and republicans in general) don't want to "take away your health care and social security" neither do they think everyone has to be religious or that abortion should be made illegal everywhere for all reasons.

                            those are all media driven fallacies.

                            you are frustrating Pizz...because you know that the media spins crap about Obama...and you'll call people out on in when they believe the spin about him right...which is good and I'm glad you are informed enough to know that.

                            but on the other hand you seem to BELIEVE all the spin coming from the other side...and when we tell you it's spin and that's actually not what the candidate believes you say something like "Well I suppose that's your opinion man"

                            No Pizz....just like Obama isn't "trying to destroy the country".....Romney doesn't "Hate poor people"

                            you can't believe spin from one side and dismiss it from the other.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                              it shouldn't drive you nuts....it's fairly clear to me that he dislikes more people than he wants to help, he comes across as a prejudice, and unaccepting person, driven by religious fundamentals that I personally find disturbing. I also won't vote for multi-millionaires who already control way too much of our country by getting whatever policies they want passed by throwing money in the right direction.

                              Another thought:
                              Daven(i think it was him) brought up the point that taxing the rich doesn't make alot of money. That's fine and all, but...it doesn't give the rest of us a break from getting hammered day in and day out. The rest of us continue to pay the same, to compensate the taxes for the rich, because damn it's easy to have tax free funds. (my job even does it for people through some of our investment services reps). So they really need to think less about how taxes are going to generate income, and more about just making the lower/middle class paying more. Buyer confidence, although only part of the equation, is important to the economy getting back to it's former self.
                              Pizz, with respect, I'm in a swing state and we have been bombarded by negative ads for months now and your comments sound like a compilation of those ads.

                              The salient point about consumer confidence you need to keep in mind is that this recent uptick is from QE3- it's temporary. Just like the first two, confidence will go down again once the public realizes that the structural policy issues that promote real growth of the economy will remain unchanged. But it will be after the election. Personally, I think the brazen attempt at these faux optics is offensive and unethical and the longer term impact is that our dollar will once again be worth less, so we will have to pay more for products and services.

                              I do wish that Romney would further clarify his reform plan. Obama is proposing tax increases on the "rich"; Romney is proposing tax reform. Big difference there. Romney's lowering the rates for everyone (especially the middle class) and eliminating loopholes typically taken by the "rich" means the rich will pay more, but the expansion of the tax base from growth will generate far greater revenue to make a serious effort at paying down the debt. Even Clinton reduced the capital gains tax from 28% to 20%. The "tax the rich" rhetoric is a misleading ploy since this will have no impact on the debt and so we in the middle class will resent the "rich". That's not a real solution. It's just simply divides Americans.

                              We in the middle class are currently/in the near future be hit by numerous new taxes and costs under Obama's ACA health care act. (I work in health care- what we got is not true reform) For example, a college near us- their student health insurance plan was just increased by 75% and students can not keep their current plans as they don't meet all the new mandates. That's a major increase in costs for students and/or their parents. Premiums have also skyrocketd and this law is already costing 2-3x the original projections per the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

                              What's funny is while the Obama campaign tries to paint Romney as an "extremist", conservatives complain that he isn't conservative enough. I guess that's why he does appeal to many Independents.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
                                I think you misunderstand what I mean by this....it could also be my fault for not conveying my opinion properly....actually, I think that's what happened here.

                                I don't feel a person like Romney, with his social views, is a good fit for a leader of this country.
                                I'm not as well spoken on these matters as I am on others. It's hard to walk the fine line of having political opinions, while not sounding insulting. I'm not good at that, admittedly.
                                I'm not naive to it....sucks that you think that, but oh well...
                                Romney does not have the social views you believe he does....

                                that's the problem Pizz, just like I know Obama is not a "socialist" and doesn't want to "Destroy the country" just like I don't care and doubt that he was born outside of the US just like I don't think his connection to Rev. Wright is important.

                                I know all of those things are media spins to make Obama look bad...just as I know that you SHOULD know that Romney doesn't "hate poor people" Romney (and republicans in general) don't want to "take away your health care and social security" neither do they think everyone has to be religious or that abortion should be made illegal everywhere for all reasons.

                                those are all media driven fallacies.

                                you are frustrating Pizz...because you know that the media spins crap about Obama...and you'll call people out on in when they believe the spin about him right...which is good and I'm glad you are informed enough to know that.

                                but on the other hand you seem to BELIEVE all the spin coming from the other side...and when we tell you it's spin and that's actually not what the candidate believes you say something like "Well I suppose that's your opinion man"

                                No Pizz....just like Obama isn't "trying to destroy the country".....Romney doesn't "Hate poor people"

                                That's "not like my opinion man" that's just a fact.

                                you can't believe spin from one side and dismiss it from the other.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X