Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy ****...I could kill Eli in a fight.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
      Romney cannot dispute his tax cut plan on the rich by citing NOT EVEN ONE example of reducing loopholes and deductions. He even said that economists can't say that he plans to add 5 trillion, just because "he says" he wont add to the deficit with his tax plan. Well if you give no examples, 100% of people can still say that's whats going to happen, because youve provided no information during any juncture of his campaign.

The entire economy/tax portion of the debate was ruined by the fact that Lehrer not once held either candidate accountable to facts. He did nothing to challenge them, especially Romney, who is trying to "reform" everything.

and btw, i dont care if Obama is "cool"....how the hell is he cool? Cuz he's black? lol
      With trillion dollar deficits as far as the eye can see, is it your view that "reforms" are NOT necessary?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Simms is older than me and he could kill Eli in a fight.
        so you're voting f for Obama?

Comment

• I'm going to end my discussion with this, because i feel we talk about this stuff to much here

I found the debate in it's entirety unhelpful. I was able to watch the unnarrated recaps late night when I came home before i passed out, and I felt both sides gained nothing. Of course most republicans are going to say this was a massive romney win.....but they said that about the RNC too....
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
            glad youre finally catching on.
            wow dezz...you missed my point. i dont care: thats my point.
            btw, if that's your stance, that's pretty racist. lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

wow dezz...you missed my point. i dont care: thats my point.
              btw, if that's your stance, that's pretty racist. lol
              whats pretty racist is 99% of African Americans voting for a man just because they have the same skin color.

Comment

• btw, Romney advisors this morning had to clarify that contrary to his point that his health care system covered pre-existing conditions, it in fact does not. As far as i know, that was just ONE of the misrepresentations of the Romney/Paul campaign that was displayed during last night's debate.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  whats pretty racist is 99% of African Americans voting for a man just because they have the same skin color.
                  I'm white, and i hate white people. lol
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm going to end my discussion with this, because i feel we talk about this stuff to much here

I found the debate in it's entirety unhelpful. I was able to watch the unnarrated recaps late night when I came home before i passed out, and I felt both sides gained nothing. Of course most republicans are going to say this was a massive romney win.....but they said that about the RNC too....
                    All Democrats are saying that this was a massive Romney win. Watch MSNBC as see the trail of tears.

And to your point about the debate being unhelpful..It was pretty much unanimous from both sides that this may have been the most substantive debate in recent memory.
                    And weren't you at the Yankee game? When did you watch the debate?

Comment

btw, Romney advisors this morning had to clarify that contrary to his point that his health care system covered pre-existing conditions, it in fact does not. As far as i know, that was just ONE of the misrepresentations of the Romney/Paul campaign that was displayed during last night's debate.
                      Romney's plan here in Mass makes it illegal to dump a customer because of pre existing conditions. Thats a fact.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;516768]
                        And as for Romney's "5 trillion dollar tax cut" that Obama claims.......Romney has NEVER said he would cut taxes by $5 trillion. He said that he would reduce rates by 20% and offset that with elimination of loopholes and deductions for the wealthy.
                        QUOTE]

You do realize that by reducing rates by 20% youre already adding to the deficit, right? In fact it would *gasp* cut $5trillion in revenue!! =O
                        I'd like to know how tax loopholes are going to add that much money to counter. No really, do we have examples yet?
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I'm white, and i hate white people. lol
                          But we love ya right back!

Comment

• [QUOTE=JPizzack;516815]
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            And as for Romney's "5 trillion dollar tax cut" that Obama claims.......Romney has NEVER said he would cut taxes by $5 trillion. He said that he would reduce rates by 20% and offset that with elimination of loopholes and deductions for the wealthy.
                            QUOTE]

You do realize that by reducing rates by 20% youre already adding to the deficit, right? In fact it would *gasp* cut $5trillion in revenue!! =O
                            I'd like to know how tax loopholes are going to add that much money to counter. No really, do we have examples yet?
                            That is false. What Romney has proposed is a reduction of tax RATES by 20%. Not "taxes" by 20%. He understands that the key to growth is a reduction of rates and deductions. In other words...a less complex tax code. We all know that all investment decisions are based on the consideration of the highest tax rate you pay. This will free up investors to stop buying things like gold and actually put those 2 trillion dollars now on the sidelines into our economy. It also caused folks to make sound economic decisions and not make decisions based on tax advantages.
                            This is absolutely key to economic growth. Its what all emerging economies are doing in eastern Europe and South America. We, however are living in last Century's world. That doesn't work now.

Comment

And weren't you at the Yankee game? When did you watch the debate?
                              I literally just said that CNN had the unnarated debate playing all night to recap.
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

But we love ya right back!
                                That's because everybody loves me. I'm not surprised.
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Working...
                                X