This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    And the last debate is on foreign policy, which is not good for Obama.
    Ughh Im still mad about the other night. Romney had him dead to rights and that stupid moderator interrupted.
    Its going to be a very close election. The overconfidence of nice folks like Matt is misplaced. The enthusiasm gap could be a huge factor.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Its going to be a very close election. The overconfidence of nice folks like Matt is misplaced. The enthusiasm gap could be a huge factor.
      I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

I hate Election season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible.

Discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
      Last edited by DavenIII; 10-19-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
        I just hate the whole thing right now, I know it has to be done, but I hate seeing people I care about and respect refuse to acknowledge that there is "spin" on both sides.

people literally think Romney is some sort of misogynist now because 90% of the media latched onto one comment (binders full of women)

Before this one plenty of people that I care about and who are otherwise intelligent actually "believe" that Romney's out to hurt poor people....that he wants to "steal" your social security and medicare.

the idea that Romney is any of that is so absolutely ridiculous that only an dullard would give it a second thought...that said a large portion of people I know who are otherwise intelligent believe these things....

I hate Election Season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible, discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
        The media is obsessed with this kind of thing but the voters don't give a **** about it. Don't fret. The election will be about the future of the country, not about Binders or 47%.

Comment

The media is obsessed with this kind of thing but the voters don't give a **** about it. Don't fret. The election will be about the future of the country, not about Binders or 47%.
          I wish you were right....but from the conversations I've had with friends and acquaintances I know you are wrong, at least in my area...maybe it's because I'm younger and from a different area...but there are quite a few people that I've talked to about this election who genuinely believe this bull**** and they tell me it's effecting their vote.

like the gun toting conservative women I work with that is choosing to vote for Obama because she's afraid that Romney is against women's rights and is going to send us back to the 50's

this is a 50 year old women working in the electrical engineering field, she is not an idiot....but her choice, to vote for Obama even though she disagrees with him on the vast majority of important issues simply because she's afriad Romney hates women, is an idiotic act.
          Last edited by DavenIII; 10-19-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

I hate Election season because it makes me think less of people I generally think the world of.

I want to specify I don't think less of them because they have a differing opinion...that would be stupid/horrible.

Discussion differing opinions is generally the best way to learn about any topic.....no I think less of them because they simply believe everything they are told, they refuse to check to see if what they are being told is even remotely true...and that bothers me...because it's something every person should do....in my opinion.
            I know exactly what you mean. My second cousin just came out, and shes on this gay rights kick and of course pro Obama. I support her decision 100%, but spare me the "Obama is the only one who cares about gays and minorities." Really? Why it take so long for him to "evolve" and support gay marriage. Why it take so long for him to support the dream act? How come he claims to be for womens rights and his female staff makes 18% less than his male staff? Its not because an elections coming up is, I tell her. And she just refuses to listen. I would respect her opinion much more if she said "You know Reps really havnt done anything for gay rights. Even though hedid itfor reelection, at least its getting something done." And now, like you mentioned with the binders, "Thats all we are to republicans, pieces of meat." To which I quickly shot back " Are you mad he wasnt caught in the act like weiner spitzer, edwards, clinton, shall I keep going?" lol
            I try my best but its like talking to a wall. They really think the right is out to suppress them.

Comment

If he wins all the swingstates you think he will, it wont be that close.

Comment

Jezz Daven welcome to the real world not all people are rocket scientists and have mba ....or study politics or do any research on political candidates beyond what they see on the television ....Most people know very little about economics beyond their own personal economic situation.....They come home from a hard days work set down for supper turn on the news / read the paper maybe watch a show or two..Then hit the hay...They aren't staying up to get in some Charlie Rose ......Point is people don't all think alike or make decisions the same way ...some people have more common sense than others....While I'd agree if your going to vote you should inform yourself with the facts..."good facts"...but still people are going to come to their decision many different ways for many different reasons.... dumb has a right to vote as well as dumber..... I will say this the media should be held to a much higher standard than it is these days ...and canidates shouldn't spend so much time trying to buy votes with bull****...be real win or loose ....but we know that will never happen so here we are

maybe a test for voters at the polls if you can't pass the test you can't vote ? hell make a rule that only the informed ,educated smart people vote.....or this one time just Romney suporters get to vote....
                Last edited by byron; 10-19-2012, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by byron View Post
                  Jezz Daven welcome to the real world not all people are rocket scientists and have mba ....or study politics or do any research on political candidates beyond what they see on the television ....Most people know very little about economics beyond their own personal economic situation.....They come home from a hard days work set down for supper turn on the news / read the paper maybe watch a show or two..Then hit the hay...They aren't staying up to get in some Charlie Rose ......Point is people don't all think alike or make decisions the same way ...some people have more common sense than others....While I'd agree if your going to vote you should inform yourself with the facts..."good facts"...but people are going to come to their decision many different ways for many different reasons.... dumb has a right vote as well as dumber..... I will say this the media should be help to a much higher standard than it is these days ...and canidates shouldn't spend so much time trying to buy votes with bull****...be real win or loose....but we know that will never happen so here we are

maybe a test for voters if you can't pass the test you can't vote ? hell make a rule that only the informed ,educated smart people vote.....or this one time just Romney voters....
                  you are right B, I just feel it's such an important time right now for the future of our country...and it kills me that people are making their decisions based on propaganda...these same people, if they only had easy access to the truth, would likely make different decisions then they are...and if they wouldn't that's fine too, I just want everyone to actually know whats going on before they make their decision, because it's important.

Comment

you are right B, I just feel it's such an important time right now for the future of our country...and it kills me that people are making their decisions based on propaganda...these same people, if they only had easy access to the truth, would likely make different decisions then they are...and if they wouldn't that's fine too, I just want everyone to actually know whats going on before they make their decision, because it's important.
                    Daven, People who vote for Obama for those silly reasons were going to vote for him anyways.

Comment

Daven, People who vote for Obama for those silly reasons were going to vote for him anyways.
                      Yeah I guess so...

Comment

• David Carr and Jerrel Jernigan have been simulating Griffin in practice. Carr said teammates are joking around calling him RG minus 5.

Comment

David Carr and Jerrel Jernigan have been simulating Griffin in practice. Carr said teammates are joking around calling him RG minus 5.
                          oh man, that's cold.

HA! GET IT!?!? --___--
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Comment

Honestly.....JPP looked like a friggin moron there.

Comment

HAHAHA

OPA GANGNAM STYLE!! HEeeeeeeyy sexy laaaady!!!
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

Working...
                                X