This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Thats true. But still I dont believe in these mobile qbs and I dont think theyll ever be successful on this level. Sure theyll get pretty stats but when they go against good defenses they usually fold. They try and do to much at times.
    RG3 doesn't remind me of any of the other running QB....

as a rookie, he can already throw better than Vick.(and most QBs in general it would seem)
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      pretty good, my point still stands though, we play poor defense against mobile quarterbacks more often then not.
      I think its a myth that we don't play mobile QB's well. Good players, whether they are mobile or not give a lot of defenses problems.
      We are the team that supposedly created the blue print to stopping Michael Vick. Generally, going back to his Atlanta days, we played him as tough or tougher than any other team. We have had good and bad days vs. Romo. We owned Cam Newton and no one has stopped RG111 yet. Even Kapernick, who no one has stopped struggled against us.
      Since we generally play cover 2, our DB's are facing the QB which gives us an advantage against mobile QB's. But essentailly, when we play diciplined defense we can contain mobile QB's as well as any.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I think its a myth that we don't play mobile QB's well. Good players, whether they are mobile or not give a lot of defenses problems.
        We are the team that supposedly created the blue print to stopping Michael Vick. Generally, going back to his Atlanta days, we played him as tough or tougher than any other team. We have had good and bad days vs. Romo. We owned Cam Newton and no one has stopped RG111 yet. Even Kapernick, who no one has stopped struggled against us.
        Since we generally play cover 2, our DB's are facing the QB which gives us an advantage against mobile QB's. But essentailly, when we play diciplined defense we can contain mobile QB's as well as any.
        The issue in my opinion is also our strength against pocket passers, Our D-Line collapses O-lines when they are hitting on all cylinders, Osi/Tuck/JPP they are all crashing down on the QB...the problem is once the QB makes those guys miss we have no contain, we just never have contain I don't know why but we just never ever do, Cam is trying much harder to be a pocket passer this year then he was last year from what I've seen...and he's good at it...but that's what we are good at preventing as a defense...our weakness is our contain.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          The issue in my opinion is also our strength against pocket passers, Our D-Line collapses O-lines when they are hitting on all cylinders, Osi/Tuck/JPP they are all crashing down on the QB...the problem is once the QB makes those guys miss we have no contain, we just never have contain I don't know why but we just never ever do, Cam is trying much harder to be a pocket passer this year then he was last year from what I've seen...and he's good at it...but that's what we are good at preventing as a defense...our weakness is our contain.
          thats true of any defense. The reality is that most good mobile QB's extend plays and force secondaries to cover longer. If they're good, then defenses are going to have problems with them.
          Its not exclusive to us. But generally speaking, we have done well against mobile QB's in Fewell's system. Not so much in Spag's system of press coverage, thats a different matter. In that system, McNabb ate us up.

Comment

thats true of any defense. The reality is that most good mobile QB's extend plays and force secondaries to cover longer. If they're good, then defenses are going to have problems with them.
            Its not exclusive to us. But generally speaking, we have done well against mobile QB's in Fewell's system. Not so much in Spag's system of press coverage, thats a different matter. In that system, McNabb ate us up.
            I remember owning the Falcons when Spags was here. Think we sacked Vick 7 times. Maybe its just me but I seem to remember Westbrook being the thorn in our side over Mcnabb. Not taking anything away from Mcnabb, he definitely had hes moments against us.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                I remember owning the Falcons when Spags was here. Think we sacked Vick 7 times. Maybe its just me but I seem to remember Westbrook being the thorn in our side over Mcnabb. Not taking anything away from Mcnabb, he definitely had hes moments against us.
                If memory serves me we played the Falcons a lot without Vick. We did play them in 2007 I think with Spags and did play very good defense. Atlanta beat us a couple times with backup QB's. At least once with Spags.
                I'll have to look it up.

Comment

• Looked it up. As I said we played Vick in Atlanta with Spags just once, and played good defense.
                  We got lit up by Matt Ryan but beat them in OT in 2009.

Comment

Looked it up. As I said we played Vick in Atlanta with Spags just once, and played good defense.
                    We got lit up by Matt Ryan but beat them in OT in 2009.
                    i remember playing them in that game we had in europe I think, right? but that was the year Vick got suspended, and we played vs a backup.
                    07? i forget, without looking it up
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                      i remember playing them in that game we had in europe I think, right? but that was the year Vick got suspended, and we played vs a backup.
                      07? i forget, without looking it up
                      We played Miami in Europe.
                      By my records, Spags only faced Vick once as the Giants DC.

Comment

I actually remember that game because D Hall was mic'd up before the game and said..."Giants today...light work"
                        Then we torched him in the second half. That was 07.

Comment

hmmm ok.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I actually remember that game because D Hall was mic'd up before the game and said..."Giants today...light work"
                            Then we torched him in the second half. That was 07.
                            Yeaaaa hahahaha That was great. Always love shutting him up. He was jawing with Cruz and Hixon yesterday. Hixon was laughing at him after he made a catch.

Comment

Yea that was a sloppy *** game. British weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                                hmmm ok.
                                remember Eli taking a half hour to run into the endzone on the Giants only TD.

Comment

Working...
                                X