Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
      I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.
      well, I trust the fact that all the major networks are all saying the same thing at this current time. lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
        O-M-G A REAL PERSON!!!! NO ****IN WAY!!!!

        1 person's opinion in a place of millions doesn't really hold much weight to me.

        And Dezz, are you suggesting that they dont like him because he's republican? well then howd he get elected? oh because sometimes that just happens. it always happens. it's not uncommon. but to suggest that now a large majority doesn't like him, immediately it's because it's large a dem state? wtf is that logic?
        I dont know. Look at Maine. Its a blue state with republican gov, senator. Many factors play into it.

        Comment


        • I gotta bounce for awhile....I have a meeting elsewhere

          SO LOOONG GAY BOYS!!!
          Last edited by JPizzack; 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
            1 person's opinion in a place of millions doesn't really hold much weight to me.
            So every time Dez and I, or any right leaning person on this forum brings up a poll it's bullcrap, its biased, blah blah blah (You say this every damn time) but you can bring up a poll and say its "very telling" as though the polls you post are inflatable but the polls we post mean nothing at all.

            you are being a big hypocrite Pezz.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              I dont know why every ones saying it will be close. Even if the president wins Ohio, Wisconsin, Nevada, and Colorado he only has 21 states. Dont believe he has enough electoral votes either. Let me check.
              Romney basically needs Ohio to win. Would be very difficult otherwise.
              The problem for Romney is the electoral map. He could actually win the popular vote by 4 points and lose the election.
              And Romney was a fine governor. Mass. has always liked Republican governors. We had 18 straight years with a GOP governor until the moron currently in the Statehouse got elected.
              But Mass is a democratic state. The GOP does a poor job here. Its also a small state with a large city, which makes it hard for republicans to get elected.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Romney basically needs Ohio to win. Would be very difficult otherwise.
                The problem for Romney is the electoral map. He could actually win the popular vote by 4 points and lose the election.
                And Romney was a fine governor. Mass. has always liked Republican governors. We had 18 straight years with a GOP governor until the moron currently in the Statehouse got elected.
                But Mass is a democratic state. The GOP does a poor job here. Its also a small state with a large city, which makes it hard for republicans to get elected.
                Iv read a few times Romney doesnt have to win Ohio if he wins Virginia and FL, which I think he will.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                  Iv read a few times Romney doesnt have to win Ohio if he wins Virginia and FL, which I think he will.
                  No. He MUST win VA and Florida to have any chance.
                  Essentially here's the breakdown. They MUST win Fla, NC and Virginia. Then they have to win Ohio and one other battleground state to win the election.
                  If they lose Ohio. They must win Nevada, Colorado, and Wisconsin.
                  He will win VA, NC and FL. He will win Colorado and probably NH. He essentially MUST win Ohio. If not he has to win states that are less likely than Ohio.
                  What it comes down to is whoever wins Ohio has a 95% chance of winning the election.
                  Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                    So every time Dez and I, or any right leaning person on this forum brings up a poll it's bullcrap, its biased, blah blah blah (You say this every damn time) but you can bring up a poll and say its "very telling" as though the polls you post are inflatable but the polls we post mean nothing at all.

                    you are being a big hypocrite Pezz.
                    That's not true. I don't once recall you showing me a poll, or something, and me blatantly telling you it's biased. I know youre too smart to pull from fox or anything, so chances are I cant even say most things are biased. I can say that PEOPLE are biased.
                    Or I can say that I dont agree with you on things (clearly we don't see eye to eye on most things political, just sports related lol).

                    It is EXTREMELY difficult to get ANY unbiased information. Especially online, since it's such a massive resource, without ways of verifying alot of info. (at least i wouldnt know how to). The link that i quoted the romney stat from was from a list of averaged polls(which you last week said is the only semi-accurate way of polling) in that geographic area. since you already know where I found it, I can assume you looked.

                    My point about MH's sole opinion as a Mass resident not holding alot of weight, was because he's one person. Since I've known MH long enough to at least believe he has no reason to lie about his political views, I respect his POVs(though not always agree). But I'm also not going to argue data.

                    We can just drop these topics altogether, and to be honest, that'd make me even happier than debating, day in & day out. =p
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

                    It's too bad, I'm too good....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                      That's not true. I don't once recall you showing me a poll, or something, and me blatantly telling you it's biased. I know youre too smart to pull from fox or anything, so chances are I cant even say most things are biased. I can say that PEOPLE are biased.
                      Or I can say that I dont agree with you on things (clearly we don't see eye to eye on most things political, just sports related lol).

                      It is EXTREMELY difficult to get ANY unbiased information. Especially online, since it's such a massive resource, without ways of verifying alot of info. (at least i wouldnt know how to). The link that i quoted the romney stat from was from a list of averaged polls(which you last week said is the only semi-accurate way of polling) in that geographic area. since you already know where I found it, I can assume you looked.

                      My point about MH's sole opinion as a Mass resident not holding alot of weight, was because he's one person. Since I've known MH long enough to at least believe he has no reason to lie about his political views, I respect his POVs(though not always agree). But I'm also not going to argue data.

                      We can just drop these topics altogether, and to be honest, that'd make me even happier than debating, day in & day out. =p
                      Not me...I love a good fight. Lets have it out and shake hands after we're done.

                      But here's the problem with the polls. Most are NOT biased. But they can't calculate the enthusiasm gap. Plus they don't tell the whole story. If an incumbant is at 47%, even if he's up lets say 47-45, he will lose. Undecides always break hugely towards the challenger.
                      The wild card is Wisconsin. The GOP was done a huge favor with this recall election this year by the Dems. They have a great "get out the vote" organization already in place. If Romney carries Wisconsin, he WILL win the election with or without Ohio. Because he will most certainly carry Colorado and NH if he wins Wisc.
                      Last edited by Morehead State; 10-25-2012, 01:58 PM.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        What it comes down to is whoever wins Ohio has a 95% chance of winning the election.
                        As i was dozing off last night, whoever was on the tv I THINK was saying that Ohio is slowly pulling out of reach for him? truth? I didnt look. In fact i forgot until you mentioned that just now
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

                        It's too bad, I'm too good....

                        Comment


                        • oh, hope you guys might find this mildly entertaining, at least for the sake of comedy....

                          yesterday on facebook, my cousin, who is a Marine, posted on facebook, a picture of him with his assault rifle (don't know what kind), and he had somehow attached a large kitchen knife to the end of the barrel, and titled the photo,"....I don't know what youre talking about mr. president..."

                          for the record, I don't know which way he leans, but i found it hilarious.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                            oh, hope you guys might find this mildly entertaining, at least for the sake of comedy....

                            yesterday on facebook, my cousin, who is a Marine, posted on facebook, a picture of him with his assault rifle (don't know what kind), and he had somehow attached a large kitchen knife to the end of the barrel, and titled the photo,"....I don't know what youre talking about mr. president..."

                            for the record, I don't know which way he leans, but i found it hilarious.
                            I wish I could see that picture (tell him to post it to reddit for a million Karma) that's hilarious.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                              oh, hope you guys might find this mildly entertaining, at least for the sake of comedy....

                              yesterday on facebook, my cousin, who is a Marine, posted on facebook, a picture of him with his assault rifle (don't know what kind), and he had somehow attached a large kitchen knife to the end of the barrel, and titled the photo,"....I don't know what youre talking about mr. president..."

                              for the record, I don't know which way he leans, but i found it hilarious.
                              Probably an M4 or M16. Bayonets are still given to EVERY soldier. lol Our special forces also use horses in Afghpak. There was actually a statue erected with a spec op soldier on a horse at ground zero a few weeks ago.
                              Last edited by dezzzR; 10-25-2012, 02:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                                As i was dozing off last night, whoever was on the tv I THINK was saying that Ohio is slowly pulling out of reach for him? truth? I didnt look. In fact i forgot until you mentioned that just now
                                Rassmussen has it 47-47. Don't forget, any poll that has Obama under 48% is a loss. Even if he's ahead.
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X