Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
    IQ doesn't really mean anything honestly, it's more about your attitude your core beliefs and the people you surround yourself, no one regardless of "IQ" can know everything.

    Also how do you know Palin doesn't have an astoundingly high IQ? Bush did...everyone though he was an idiot.
    I'm willign to bet it took bush til he was 12 to learn how to do something like tie his damn shoes.

    He's like the walking example of why politicians need handlers.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      I've said this like 20 times on this thread and in person before...
      lol, i know, but i'll read your posts, and then find something that we have the same opinion on, and i have to mention it lol
      Oderint Dum Metuant

      It's too bad, I'm too good....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
        As long as you are an American taxpayer....you.
        No, mostly it's our generation Pezz....that's what he's getting at, Morehead will be retired and living off mostly tax free income...he's already set....you and me the guys saving for our retirement and the guys who will have to pay for our kids schools etc etc.

        we will be the ones hit by all this debt...not the 50-55+ club.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
          As long as you are an American taxpayer....you.
          I'm 54 Piz. I'm winding down my taxpaying days. Thats my point. There will be long term pain when that bill comes due. Its already come due in Greece, Spain, Purtugal and Italy. Eventually it will get to France and the U.K. Austerity is the only option down the road. I'm not stupid enough to presume that SS will be there for us, even though we've already qualified for the max. We've prepared.
          So no Piz...it's NOT me......It's you.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
            I'm willign to bet it took bush til he was 12 to learn how to do something like tie his damn shoes.

            He's like the walking example of why politicians need handlers.
            I think W was a bad President. But I also think he was a highly intelligent man. But he plunged us into a foolheardy war in Iraq and gave us an unfunded Medicare part D burden.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
              I'm willign to bet it took bush til he was 12 to learn how to do something like tie his damn shoes.

              He's like the walking example of why politicians need handlers.
              you would lose a lot of money then Pezz, Bush is likely as smart if not smarter then you and I, but on top of that did you know that truly smart people, the smartest people we have...make terrible politicians?

              why? well it's actually quite interesting why but I'm going to just link you to the article instead of giving you the TL/DR

              http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/bush/bush-iq-myth.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                I think W was a bad President. But I also think he was a highly intelligent man. But he plunged us into a foolheardy war in Iraq and gave us an unfunded Medicare part D burden.
                We got rid of a ruthless dictator and replaced him with a somewhat functional government. Sectarian violence is way down. Imagine we never invaded, there would be a nuclear arms race between Iraq and Iran with two tyrannical dictators leading both countries. We should have finished what we started during the first Gulf War, when the whole world supported us 110%. Anyway, imo the worlds a better place without Saddam

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                  you would lose a lot of money then Pezz, Bush is likely as smart if not smarter then you and I, but on top of that did you know that truly smart people, the smartest people we have...make terrible politicians?

                  why? well it's actually quite interesting why but I'm going to just link you to the article instead of giving you the TL/DR

                  http://www1.csbsju.edu/uspp/bush/bush-iq-myth.html
                  lol fine...hes got the IQ, but in this case, that tells me nothing.

                  I know im not alone on this....there are 2 ppl in the past 20 years that I looked at, and thought "why in the holy hell are we letting people like this run for office?!?!!"
                  Dubya, and Palin.
                  Last edited by JPizzack; 11-20-2012, 03:17 PM.
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

                  It's too bad, I'm too good....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                    lol fine...hes got the IQ.

                    I know im not alone on this....there are 2 ppl in the past 20 years that I looked at, and thought "why in the holy hell are we letting people like this run for office?!?!!"
                    Dubya, and Palin.
                    Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo didnt cross your mind??

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Reid, Pelosi, Schumer, Cuomo didnt cross your mind??
                      I didn't vote for any of them, but yes, Pelosi makes the list. lol
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                        I didn't vote for any of them, but yes, Pelosi makes the list. lol
                        Many times they are instructed by their advisers to look and sound stupid Pezz...because many times they are meeting and talking to stupid people and they want those people to be able to "relate" to them, that way they'll get their votes.

                        notice how most politicians running for office will also change their accent/dialect to match where they are speaking?

                        for example speaking with a southern drawl when talking in the south or a more Bostonian? accent up in Boston.

                        Bush looked like an idiot because his advisers told him the best way to win votes was to act like "the common man" or "someone you would have a beer with" so that's what he did...and it made him look stupid to you and me Pezz but to A LOT of people across America he reminded them of a friend so to speak and that actually prompted them to vote for him...consciously or unconsciously.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                          Many times they are instructed by their advisers to look and sound stupid Pezz...because many times they are meeting and talking to stupid people and they want those people to be able to "relate" to them, that way they'll get their votes.

                          notice how most politicians running for office will also change their accent/dialect to match where they are speaking?

                          for example speaking with a southern drawl when talking in the south or a more Bostonian? accent up in Boston.

                          Bush looked like an idiot because his advisers told him the best way to win votes was to act like "the common man" or "someone you would have a beer with" so that's what he did...and it made him look stupid to you and me Pezz but to A LOT of people across America he reminded them of a friend so to speak and that actually prompted them to vote for him...consciously or unconsciously.
                          wow, republican politicians really are stupid....lol

                          edit - i just really need to get this stuff out of my system....but honestly, I doubt I'll stop =P
                          Last edited by JPizzack; 11-20-2012, 04:04 PM.
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

                          It's too bad, I'm too good....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                            wow, republican politicians really are stupid....lol

                            edit - i just really need to get this stuff out of my system....but honestly, I doubt I'll stop =P
                            Democrats do it too, you ever hear Obama's speeches in predominately black/religious southern area's? so much ebonics it's crazy, literally sounds like a thug at times, but when he's outside of that and on TV he speaks eloquently in most occasions because he knows whose watching what.

                            Hilary Clinton did the same thing...listening to her try to pull off a southern drawl with a splash of ebonics is literally one of the funniest thing I've heard in years.

                            Pezz if your really interested in this point look up "code-switching" that's what they call this....and ALL politicians and generally all people do it.

                            I talk differently to my Boss at work then I do to my friends when I'm hanging out, the point is Obama is better at sounding like his audience then Romney for example.

                            to me that doesn't mean anything but to the electorate(aka voters) over all it matters A LOT, in fact Obama's ability to sound like his audience is probably more important to him getting elected then any of his actual policies to be honest..

                            nobody seems to care about policies anymore.

                            Bush got elected because "you could drink a beer with him"
                            Obama got re-elected because "he's a cool dude"

                            it sounds absolutely ******ed...and is ******ed....but that doesn't change the fact that it's still true.
                            Last edited by DavenIII; 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                              Bush got elected because "you could drink a beer with him"
                              Obama got re-elected because "he's a cool dude"
                              fuuuuuck that!!! lol

                              I would get ****faced with my buddies and verbally destroy someone like Bush =P
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

                              It's too bad, I'm too good....

                              Comment


                              • gotta go. later
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X