Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
    I disagree with this byron, the knocking the rich down will only hurt this country further, the Rich are always going to be fine...if "america" becomes hostile to the rich people who live here (most of which own or run companies) they will just leave...and the jobs they create (and they do create jobs) will leave with them.

    a war against the rich is a war against everyone who lives in this country because right now the rich are the people supporting this country more then anyone else.
    "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

    These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
    Voters are gullible .
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
      I have the same POV. it's hard to get past, and I find it all infuriating....

      When ppl like you and I say something liek that though, republican voters jsut call us uneducated voters....their defense mechanism for being people who don't care about people.
      No, ubber Christians do that. Honestly I could give a **** less about any of those situations because I dont see them as real political problems. Its just a load of crap to fire up bases and smoke screens to take your eyes off the real issues. Youre uneducated if you think Roevs wade can be over turned.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

        These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
        Voters are gullible .
        Scare tactics from the left definitely played a large role in this election no doubt.

        whether it was the "hate the rich" or "The republicans want to kill your grandma" or the "binders full of women" (aka Repub's hate women campaign) it seems like they all were believed to a significant extent....which is really, really sad.
        Last edited by DavenIII; 11-21-2012, 11:33 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
          Scare tactics from the left definitely played a large role in this election no doubt.

          whether it was the "hate the rich" or "The republicans want to kill your grandma" or the "binders full of women" (aka Repub's hate women campaign) it seems like they all were believed to a significant extent....which is really, really sad.
          what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

          "Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

          It's too bad, I'm too good....

          Comment


          • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
            what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

            "Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
            What equality, rights and freedoms are you talking about? This isnt the 1950's.

            Iv said this before, if you make 250k as a business owner a year, youre not rich, far from it. You still have to pay overhead. And understand this Mr. ****, if Obama get his tax on the rich, it will only be enough to run the gov for 8 days!!! Its really scary that a man who couldnt even get one single dem to vote for his budget is in charge of all this.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
              what's really sad is that people dont consider equality, rights, and freedoms "real issues"....

              "Hate the rich" isn't spin......it's more like "make the rich do their part".....which they dont.
              It is spin because the rich do more then they should already, they already give more then half of their income to us, they create the jobs for us they still find a way to give huge amounts of money to charities.

              rich people (and companies) support this country, without them we would be in a sad state...

              what do they get for that? they are hated by people who don't even understand why they hate them.

              equality,rights,freedoms? we have those...they are being taken away from us by BOTH sides of government, Democratic and Republican equally.

              you are arguing for SMALL government...smaller the government the more freedoms and rights we have and yet you are supporting the BIG government party although admittedly the Republicans have been growing government recently also

              that's what bothers me Pezz...you are saying you want something...but supporting the people who are in direct confrontation of the thing you want.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                It is spin because the rich do more then they should already, they already give more then half of their income to us, they create the jobs for us they still find a way to give huge amounts of money to charities.

                rich people (and companies) support this country, without them we would be in a sad state...

                what do they get for that? they are hated by people who don't even understand why they hate them.

                equality,rights,freedoms? we have those...they are being taken away from us by BOTH sides of government, Democratic and Republican equally.

                you are arguing for SMALL government...smaller the government the more freedoms and rights we have and yet you are supporting the BIG government party although admittedly the Republicans have been growing government recently also

                that's what bothers me Pezz...you are saying you want something...but supporting the people who are in direct confrontation of the thing you want.
                I'm talking about the social issues, AND THEN i commented on your "hate the rich" comment....not related.
                Oderint Dum Metuant

                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                  I'm talking about the social issues, AND THEN i commented on your "hate the rich" comment....not related.
                  I responded to both Pezz.

                  our constitution sets up our government as a "restrictive" entity, it can only tell you want you "can't do" not what you "can" do.

                  the "smaller" our government the less they can take from you.

                  freedoms, rights, equality....those things are all inherent...they are not given to us by the government they are given to us simply because we exist! the government can not GIVE you a right they can not GIVE you a freedom or even make something "equal" all they can do is remove those things, and in the case of like say "murder" that is a "right" or "freedom" NO ONE should have so I'm all for them taking that away from us.

                  but you have to understand rights and freedoms are things we already possess just by being alive...the only thing the government can do is take them away from us, the bigger the government becomes the more they will take away.

                  the Dem's are the party of BIG government...they "act" like they are trying to help people...but they are not doing that, they are collecting as much power as possible..they want to control every aspect of your life, the Republicans USED to be small government...and I'm praying they go back to that...because that's where true freedom and equality come from.

                  Comment


                  • Who saw sons last night? Real good.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                      Who saw sons last night? Real good.
                      Not yet. Cant wait though. 90 mins, right?
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

                      It's too bad, I'm too good....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        "The rich" are small business owners who employ 65% of working Americans.

                        These guys think that they are wall street tycoons who where top hats and monocles. The "hate the rich" campaign worked in this election. People love to blame someone else for their problems and the Dem's gave the masses their boogie man. (or men)
                        Voters are gullible .
                        maybe we need some numbers on who is rich and who is not does it start with an income of 250,000 ? where? I ran a small business for 25 years signed many contracts with the banks....never had a full time employee...I did subcontract a lot of people over the years, plumbers ,drywall guys ,electricians, ect.. all of these guys were like me, some father and son teams and such...self employed business owners....that's small business to me....While the business was good to me I'm a long way from being rich....I made a decent living saved a little money that's all ...while this last collapse of banks and such didn't put most of the guys I used out it sure hurt their bank accounts....
                        So forgive me for not being clear i my previous post about the rich ....I don't give two ****s about politics and I don't have to be told to dislike the rich... I've dealt with a few and they are the worst to work with... imo....and that's a whole other subject...but whatever you go ahead and judge people call them uneducated gullible fools if you want......I can tell you this the rich have been lining their pockets of the backs and lives of these same people forever with little care about their problems....There is a whole world of American workers out there MH many struggling to feed their families on the wages these rich cats pay .....these politians need to be locked in a room till they come up with a compromised plans that are good for all the people of this country....do their jobs ....

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                          Not yet. Cant wait though. 90 mins, right?
                          Yea it was good. ****s about to get real.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by byron View Post
                            maybe we need some numbers on who is rich and who is not does it start with an income of 250,000 ? where? I ran a small business for 25 years signed many contracts with the banks....never had a full time employee...I did subcontract a lot of people over the years, plumbers ,drywall guys ,electricians, ect.. all of these guys were like me, some father and son teams and such...self employed business owners....that's small business to me....While the business was good to me I'm a long way from being rich....I made a decent living saved a little money that's all ...while this last collapse of banks and such didn't put most of the guys I used out it sure hurt their bank accounts....
                            So forgive me for not being clear i my previous post about the rich ....I don't give two ****s about politics and I don't have to be told to dislike the rich... I've dealt with a few and they are the worst to work with... imo....and that's a whole other subject...but whatever you go ahead and judge people call them uneducated gullible fools if you want......I can tell you this the rich have been lining their pockets of the backs and lives of these same people forever with little care about their problems....There is a whole world of American workers out there MH many struggling to feed their families on the wages these rich cats pay .....these politians need to be locked in a room till they come up with a compromised plans that are good for all the people of this country....do their jobs ....
                            ^ lawyered.
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

                            It's too bad, I'm too good....

                            Comment


                            • The problem Byron, is that the government right now is trying to tell you that because your business made more gross money then most employee's make gross (without having to pay for contractors and overhead) that YOU are rich. it's not that you guys are uneducated, you simple aren't understanding what we are saying, what we are saying Byron...is that we don't think someone like you who runs your own small business should be considered rich...hated by people and punished through increased taxation.

                              if you ran a small business like that Byron then you know how wrong it is to tax people who are running small business that are making 250k a year.

                              I don't know how much your business made...but lets assume you made 150-160k gross a year running your business, net take home you probably took home what 50-60k of that? after paying for materials for your workers, etc etc
                              Granted I'm just spit-balling numbers here...

                              but if you are being taxed as though you make 160k instead of 60k does that make sense?

                              these people being taxed on 250K.... the MAJORITY of that 250k is already going to employee's to contractors to other types of overhead...they are only really taking home a minority of that money...and yet...even that is apparently too much.

                              the proposed tax increases spit in the faces of anyone trying to run their own small business, why is our government discouraging small business, that's what I want to know.
                              Last edited by DavenIII; 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                                Yea it was good. ****s about to get real.
                                They don't cover the Juice issue yet do they? The previous episode led me to beleive they would hold off on that.

                                ehh nevermind...dont tell me anything. lol
                                Oderint Dum Metuant

                                It's too bad, I'm too good....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X