This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Still, 8 passing tds in 2 games is tough to do.
    Dude is a stud.

Scary isn't it?
    Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
      Dude is a stud.

Scary isn't it?
      Hes good but teams will figure him out. Cam was doing some pretty amazing stuff last year too.

Comment

Hes good but teams will figure him out. Cam was doing some pretty amazing stuff last year too.
        he finally id some amazing stuff last night too, but yeah Cam's been a bit of a disappointment this year for me.

Comment

I think RG3 has a better pocket presence than all these other "running" QBs. Great arm on the guy. We'll see though, you could easily be right.

I'm tired of the running qb in general. such a gimmick.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
            I think RG3 has a better pocket presence than all these other "running" QBs. Great arm on the guy. We'll see though, you could easily be right.

I'm tired of the running qb in general. such a gimmick.
            It really is. The problem is when they see/feel pressure their first instinct is to run, while the Bradys Peytons and Brees' either throw it away, take the sack or make the throw and take the hit.

Comment

According to Elias - Eli Manning is fourth-fastest active QB to reach 200 career TD passes (132 games). Big bro Peyton was fastest (106)
              Rivers is on pace to do it in 9 fewer games. Does that make him better? Didn't think so.
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                Rivers is on pace to do it in 9 fewer games. Does that make him better? Didn't think so.
                its almost like breaking passing records doesn't mean anything anymore....these QB's are playing a completely different game.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                  its almost like breaking passing records doesn't mean anything anymore....these QB's are playing a completely different game.
                  As i said in another thread, to me the most important stat for measuring a QB's play is the ratio between TD's and Int's.
                  All the great QB's have a better than 2 to 1 ratio, except our boy of course. He's only done it twice I believe.
                  In today's league with these rules, its a minimum expectation. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ben...those guys are 3, 4, 5, 6 to one or even better.
                  I mean Russell Wilson has more TD's and fewer Int's than Eli. And he doesn't have our weapons.
                  This does drive me nuts about Eli.

Comment

As i said in another thread, to me the most important stat for measuring a QB's play is the ratio between TD's and Int's.
                    All the great QB's have a better than 2 to 1 ratio, except our boy of course. He's only done it twice I believe.
                    In today's league with these rules, its a minimum expectation. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Ben...those guys are 3, 4, 5, 6 to one or even better.
                    I mean Russell Wilson has more TD's and fewer Int's than Eli. And he doesn't have our weapons.
                    This does drive me nuts about Eli.
                    I don't think you can rate QB's just by that respect, and all the great QB's do not have a 2 to 1 ratio, when you have a good running game and you are always ahead in games it's a lot easier to play it safe and keep your int's down, I don't want a QB whose playing it safe when we need a win or a comeback....mistakes will happen but I'd rather he try to stuff it in somewhere when the games on the line then take a sack to lose the game.

it's not as simple as just expecting a good TD/Int ratio...it's about when and how those Int's vs TD's happen.

Also I still don't know if Nicks and Cruz are making Eli look good or Eli is making Nicks and Cruz look good, If I had to guess though I think it's the later.

Comment

All the great QB's have a better than 2 to 1 ratio
                      Great QB's that have less then a 2 to 1 TD to Int Ratio.

Joe Montana
                      Terry Bradshaw
                      Troy Aikman
                      Bart Starr
                      Dan Marino

I mean come on MH

Comment

I don't think you can rate QB's just by that respect, and all the great QB's do not have a 2 to 1 ratio, when you have a good running game and you are always ahead in games it's a lot easier to play it safe and keep your int's down, I don't want a QB whose playing it safe when we need a win or a comeback....mistakes will happen but I'd rather he try to stuff it in somewhere when the games on the line then take a sack to lose the game.

it's not as simple as just expecting a good TD/Int ratio...it's about when and how those Int's vs TD's happen.

Also I still don't know if Nicks and Cruz are making Eli look good or Eli is making Nicks and Cruz look good, If I had to guess though I think it's the later.
                        Nicks and Cruz are one of the top tandems in the league. Eli's picks are rarely throws where he trusted his guy to make a play and they didn't. They are so often horrible decisions or throws. No...Eli has a definite problem with picks. If he was throwing a lot of TD's that would be one thing, but he's never really had high TD totals. If you're going to throw 15 to 18 picks per year its OK if you're throwing 30 to 40 TD's. He just doesn't do that.
                        So I would argue with your "take chances" theory. If that was the case, he'd have a lot more TD's.

Comment

Great QB's that have less then a 2 to 1 TD to Int Ratio.

Joe Montana
                          Terry Bradshaw
                          Troy Aikman
                          Bart Starr
                          Dan Marino

I mean come on MH
                          Now how about some from this era with these rules.

Comment

Put it this way.. I expect today's QB when they are having decent years to be over 2 to 1. I suppose when your still learning to play your numbers are different. But in your prime, its pretty baseline to me.

Comment

OHHHH **** NO...you cant pull that argument now!!! Not after saying for god knows how long that this is a different era when QBs are babied, and stats arent everything. I can't believe im even reading this!!!!
                              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Nicks and Cruz are one of the top tandems in the league. Eli's picks are rarely throws where he trusted his guy to make a play and they didn't. They are so often horrible decisions or throws. No...Eli has a definite problem with picks. If he was throwing a lot of TD's that would be one thing, but he's never really had high TD totals. If you're going to throw 15 to 18 picks per year its OK if you're throwing 30 to 40 TD's. He just doesn't do that.
                                So I would argue with your "take chances" theory. If that was the case, he'd have a lot more TD's.
                                you are just trying to drum up an argument with Eli Hate again, I'm not falling for it this time MH, you and I both know that Eli is generally pretty accurate, that he has MADE Nicks and Cruz into one of the top tandems in the league and that sans perhaps Aaron Rodgers/Peyton Manning and Tom Brady there isn't a better QB in the NFL right now.

you can find something wrong with every single player in the league if you stare at their stat line long enough but I don't think that means anything, Eli does not have a problem with picks when it matters...when his team falls behind does he maybe make some poor decisions or try to force things to work with bad results? yes he does....but that's not something I'm going to get on him for because this whole entire offense of ours relies extremely heavily on him.

give Mark Sanchez Cruz and Nicks and Bradshaw and the jets record would look exactly the same as it does now in my opinion, Eli makes our receivers better...so the "he has weapons" argument doesn't fly with me sorry.
                                Last edited by DavenIII; 11-27-2012, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X