This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
    the missed FG was the real killer, cost the Giants a win and cost me the playoffs to boot.
    There are 50 plays during the season that cost us all wins. Larry Fitz getting stopped on the 1/4 yard line vs. San Fran cost me a game. If he scores then you would have been out of it this week.
    I understand your frustration but the only reason you even had a shot was because of Morehead's horrific luck during the season.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      I understand your frustration but the only reason you even had a shot was because of Morehead's horrific luck during the season.
      I was 4th in total scoring

I know you were first (Edit actually you ended up 3rd I suppose), but 4th in total scoring should be able to crack the top 6.

I'm more annoyed that my team was finally hitting it's stride now, I was on a 3 game winning streak and was putting up pretty good numbers finally.
      Last edited by DavenIII; 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
        I was 4th in total scoring

I know you were first, but 4th in total scoring should be able to crack the top 6.

I'm more annoyed that my team was finally hitting it's stride now, I was on a 3 game winning streak and was putting up pretty good numbers finally.
        No I understand. We're all hyper-competitive. You had a good team but I've found that FF is frustrating. I was unlucky to be in this position but lucky to win yesterday. There is no real way to look at it except to say that there is a lot of luck involved in FF.

Comment

• Fantasy football is more luck than anything else, and even more so than other sports.
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• It ain't luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              It ain't luck.
              oh, so you control that your stud players can be held to 4 fantasy points? lol

it's all luck. dont act like there's any skill other than "paying attention"....to make the right additions to your roster.
              Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Comment

• 2 years ago, I got 2nd place in this league with the WORST fantasy squad in the history of football.....and it was just dumb luck. my team put up mediocre points, but people put up worse numbers against me. 95% luck in FF, 5% knowing who to pick up
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
                    Fantasy football is more luck than anything else, and even more so than other sports.
                    Its definitely not all luck. Certain players in our league do a better job. I mean Lando always has a good team. But there is still a lot of luck too. I mean Byron is a really good player but he got guys hurt.
                    So like most things, its a combination of a lot of factors, luck being one of the biggest.

Comment

2 years ago, I got 2nd place in this league with the WORST fantasy squad in the history of football.....and it was just dumb luck. my team put up mediocre points, but people put up worse numbers against me. 95% luck in FF, 5% knowing who to pick up
                      Well I would agree that in your case, any good performances ARE pure luck.

Comment

Its definitely not all luck. Certain players in our league do a better job. I mean Lando always has a good team. But there is still a lot of luck too. I mean Byron is a really good player but he got guys hurt.
                        So like most things, its a combination of a lot of factors, luck being one of the biggest.
                        Well....assuming someone knows how to draft a team, which Lando does (Joey Torres knows anyway), then after that, like i said...as long as you pay attention to football enough to know who to add/drop...AND have waiver priority working to your advantage, its all luck after that....im saying its 90-95% luck...
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Well I would agree that in your case, any good performances ARE pure luck.
                          someone is mad that he hasnt beat me in fantasy football since like 09 lol
                          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

someone is mad that he hasnt beat me in fantasy football since like 09 lol
                            I don't think I beat you then either.

Comment

Not exactly Hagler/Hearns
                              It will most likely be shot for shot again, so in a way.

Comment

Well....assuming someone knows how to draft a team, which Lando does (Joey Torres knows anyway)
                                Funny ****. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X