X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
    Absolutely not dav
    Kick off- a team wins the ball in a coin toss. Face off is when the ref drops the puck and the two centers clash and try and win possession.

Corners- You are awarded a corner if the ball goes out behind the goalline and an opposing play touches it before it goes out, if not its a goal kick. In hockey the team that shot it out gets a faceoff on their side of the ice.

Offsides- In soccer you cant be in front of the ball, ever. In hockey If your team has possession you cant pass the blue line until the person with the puck crosses it first

Like I said Lacrosse is much more like hockey
    I look at corners almost the same as a faceoff because as you are in bounding the other team can fight for the ball, I suppose soccer is more like basketball in those terms though.

you can totally be in front of the ball in soccer...until your team has possession and you cross the offside line like in Hockey...I think the off sides rule in Hockey is identical to soccer isn't it?

I'll give you kickoffs and face offs are different, but as soon as the ball is moved on the kickoff a guy can come in from the opposing team to take it...it's not as though possession of the initial kick off means much...just like winning the initial face off doesn't mean much.

Comment

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
      I look at corners almost the same as a faceoff because as you are in bounding the other team can fight for the ball, I suppose soccer is more like basketball in those terms though.

you can totally be in front of the ball in soccer...until your team has possession and you cross the offside line like in Hockey...I think the off sides rule in Hockey is identical to soccer isn't it?

I'll give you kickoffs and face offs are different, but as soon as the ball is moved on the kickoff a guy can come in from the opposing team to take it...it's not as though possession of the initial kick off means much...just like winning the initial face off doesn't mean much.
      No, if I have the ball in soccer, I cant pass to someone in front of me if they are past a defender. I can do whats called a trough pass which is just kicking the ball forward hoping the guy Im passing it too can out run his man, BUT he can not be before the ball. He has to wait until the ball or defender passes him.
      The guy wiith the ball can pass to anyone other than the blue guy pass the line
      Last edited by dezzzR; 12-14-2012, 12:31 PM.

Comment

No, if I have the ball in soccer, I cant pass to someone in front of me if they are past a defender. I can do whats called a trough pass which is just kicking the ball forward hoping the guy Im passing it too can out run his man, BUT he can not be before the ball. He has to wait until the ball or defender passes him.
        The guy wiith the ball can pass to anyone other than the blue guy pass the line
        A true sports dynasty has to last over a long period of time.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          A true sports dynasty has to last over a long period of time.
          lol what?

Comment

lol what?
            he's trying to change the conversation because it doesn't interest him lol
            Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by J****ack View Post
              he's trying to change the conversation because it doesn't interest him lol
              Could talk about how wrong he is regarding run & shoot.

Comment

• Horrible about those kids in CT. The hell is wrong with people?!

Comment

Horrible about those kids in CT. The hell is wrong with people?!
                  its extremely...extremely depressing....
                  Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• I don't know if I've ever experienced this kind of disbelief in my life. This isn't something that a human being is capable of. Yet here it is.

I've always felt detached to other shootings around the country. I can't detach myself from this. I have friends who live in that area, my daughter is a school teacher in CT. But the notion that a human being can do what I can't even say outloud, is so impossible to believe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                      I don't know if I've ever experienced this kind of disbelief in my life. This isn't something that a human being is capable of. Yet here it is.

I've always felt detached to other shootings around the country. I can't detach myself from this. I have friends who live in that area, my daughter is a school teacher in CT. But the notion that a human being can do what I can't even say outloud, is so impossible to believe.
                      I feel sick to my stomach when it comes to stuff like this....

These sickm, deranged ****s do it for the fame. Who are you going to remember? The random guy who kills a man in a parking lot....or the guy who shoots up a school and kills a bunch of kids? That's WHY they do it. It's sickening....and it makes me incredibly sad
                      Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

I feel sick to my stomach when it comes to stuff like this....

These sickm, deranged ****s do it for the fame. Who are you going to remember? The random guy who kills a man in a parking lot....or the guy who shoots up a school and kills a bunch of kids? That's WHY they do it. It's sickening....and it makes me incredibly sad
                        Makes me mad. Real mad. I want to do something but you cant do anything but watch which is the worst part.

Comment

• America as a whole is losing its morals

Comment

America as a whole is losing its morals
                            It's not really morals, man....it's just people have lost touch with reality. And youre right, you have no choice but to watch, and not be able to do anything. I'll be honest, I choose not to watch. I found out something like this happens, and I try my damndest to distance myself from hearing about it....
                            Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

It's not really morals, man....it's just people have lost touch with reality. And youre right, you have no choice but to watch, and not be able to do anything. I'll be honest, I choose not to watch. I found out something like this happens, and I try my damndest to distance myself from hearing about it....
                              maybe its not morals but its something. These types of acts are becoming more frequent

Comment

maybe its not morals but its something. These types of acts are becoming more frequent
                                People don't know how to interact with each other on a human level. Its texting, FB, email and even message boards.
                                We have less empathy for each other as a consequence.

Comment

Working...
                                X