Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defense gave up 2066 rushing yards this year. What the **** is TC thinking. Thats an avg of over 120 rushing yards a game.
    Last edited by dezzzR; 01-09-2013, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Dezz you have an unnatural obsession.....
      Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
        Dezz you have an unnatural obsession.....
        With the Giants improving?...absofreakinlutely

People have their heads buried in the sand. The only argument Perry cultist have is ints and the sb run. Thats like saying Greenbays defense is good because they won the sb.

Comment

• There are Perry cultists? lol

Ok, that I dont condone....but I dont see how you posting 40 times a day about it helps...lol
          Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

There are Perry cultists? lol

Ok, that I dont condone....but I dont see how you posting 40 times a day about it helps...lol
            Im spreading awareness. If giving up over 12000 yards the last 2 seasons isnt reason enough to find a new DC, I dont know what is. Thats why MH is quite. He knows Im right. Why anyone wants to give Perry another year here escapes me

Comment

Biggio, I could see your point....I mean he was one of the greatest 2Bs of the past 30 years, easily....but its not like he was a leading candidate or anything for MVP regularly.

But Bagwell....just look at the seasons, man. Although he didnt have as long a career as some of the other guys, statistically he had a phenomenal career. Right up there in production with Griffey, McGuire, Bonds, etc etc etc.

If he had come out of the gate sooner, and played a few more seasons at that level, I'm not sure we'd be having this discussion lol
              I may be blinded by bitterness regarding Bagwell. All Sox fans are. We gave him away for a song (Larry Anderson)
              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                Im spreading awareness. If giving up over 12000 yards the last 2 seasons isnt reason enough to find a new DC, I dont know what is. Thats why MH is quite. He knows Im right. Why anyone wants to give Perry another year here escapes me
                What is the primary responsibility of a defense Dez?
                Is it to keep the other team from scoring?
                Is it to take the ball away?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  What is the primary responsibility of a defense Dez?
                  Is it to keep the other team from scoring?
                  Is it to take the ball away?
                  To help the team win. Both are primary responsibilities but keeping the other team from scoring should be the number 1 priority. Kill the man with the ball. If they can get the pick its a bonus. But thats just my mentality. I told you, Id prefer more 3 and outs than the 4, 5 extra picks weve had this season.
                  Last edited by dezzzR; 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM.

Comment

To help the team win. Both are primary responsibilities but keeping the other team from scoring should be the number 1 priority. Kill the man with the ball. If they can get the pick its a bonus. But thats just my mentality. I told you, Id prefer more 3 and outs than the 4, 5 extra picks weve had this season.
                    If you think that preventing the team from scoring is the #1 priority, why are you preoccupied with yards/game?

We were 12th in points against and 3rd in take away's.
                    Again, I'm not saying we were good this year. I'm saying we weren't the 31st best defense in the league.
                    Our poor D line play especially our poor pass rush was the main culprit.
                    If you want to blame PF for Osi and Tuck's poor play. If you want to blame PF for the D line getting older and broken down, that's fine.

Comment

If you think that preventing the team from scoring is the #1 priority, why are you preoccupied with yards/game?

We were 12th in points against and 3rd in take away's.
                      Again, I'm not saying we were good this year. I'm saying we weren't the 31st best defense in the league.
                      Our poor D line play especially our poor pass rush was the main culprit.
                      If you want to blame PF for Osi and Tuck's poor play. If you want to blame PF for the D line getting older and broken down, that's fine.
                      Because the defense cant get off the field, puts the offense in horrible field position if they do stop them, plus it wears them down.

12000 friggin yards in 2 years..........Makes me sick

Comment

i'm fairly indifferent actually...cuz i dont like the other options out there...
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

Because the defense cant get off the field, puts the offense in horrible field position if they do stop them, plus it wears them down.

12000 friggin yards in 2 years..........Makes me sick
                          How many of those turnovers did the offense turn into points? Too many punts and FG's.
                          The defense put the offense in great position all year with all those turnovers that they then squandered.

Comment

How many of those turnovers did the offense turn into points? Too many punts and FG's.
                            The defense put the offense in great position all year with all those turnovers that they then squandered.
                            That is complete rubbish. Where did all those yard accumulate from then?

Again it reminds me of teams picking on Ross last year, and TT the year before. Eventually hes going to get a pick. lol

Comment

• Thinking about buying an AR 15 with all this hoopla going on.

Comment

Thinking about buying an AR 15 with all this hoopla going on.
                                My daughter and her Husband just bought 2 AR-15's and 2 AK-47's.
                                Personally..I don't get it. But to each their own.

Comment

Working...
                                X