Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THEE NYG SWAG THREAD

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I was just being a "Morehead" with that comment.

    You haven't bought anything for your ipod?
    nah man....I've been pirating music since like 1999. And much like the punk rock music we've discussed today, I've adapted to the changing environment to continue the practice....FOR LIFE!!!! lol
    Oderint Dum Metuant

    It's too bad, I'm too good....

    Comment


    • Youtube for music all the time. I really hate buying music. Nothing justifies buying music unless I love the artist. They deserve my money then.

      In the end, I rather just listen to spotify for free.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Moke View Post
        One who goes over the top when discussing music. Everything needs to be analyzed, almost everything. Even if the music is bad but entertaining, you'll (rhetorical) still have a problem with it.
        This whole argument came when someone here claimed that Social D was punk. I say they aren't.
        I'm not a big punk fan but I don't hate it either. And I also understand that all music is subjective. One poster just said that Green day uses the same chord progressions...Well welcome to the world. Must songs are made of 3 chords. Including some of the greatest songs of all time. Like "All Along The Watchtower" and "Blue Moon" and about a million other songs. In any "genre".
        So I'm not over analyzing. I'm criticizing those who do.

        And there is no such thing as Bad music. there is music you like and music you don't.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JPizzack View Post
          nah man....I've been pirating music since like 1999. And much like the punk rock music we've discussed today, I've adapted to the changing environment to continue the practice....FOR LIFE!!!! lol
          what programs do you use because i dont want to pay itunes anymore.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            This whole argument came when someone here claimed that Social D was punk. I say they aren't.
            I'm not a big punk fan but I don't hate it either. And I also understand that all music is subjective. One poster just said that Green day uses the same chord progressions...Well welcome to the world. Must songs are made of 3 chords. Including some of the greatest songs of all time. Like "All Along The Watchtower" and "Blue Moon" and about a million other songs. In any "genre".
            So I'm not over analyzing. I'm criticizing those who do.
            I really didn't mean YOU when talking about elitist. You are a musician right? Or you're in a band? So you obviously know more **** than anyone else about music.

            I just hate the elitists that crack down on others for enjoying a specific genre of music.

            I hate metal, but I don't go around stereotyping the fans by saying "LOL, go slit your wrists because you like metal dude"

            I've seen it happen. I used to like Godsmack when I was in 8th grade and people made fun of me for wanting to kill my mom.

            What? Where did they get this notion?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
              all punk is trash
              no
              Mood: WOOF!

              Comment


              • I actually like punk music. I categorize Blink 182 as punk music, well their old stuff. Their new stuff is actually pretty sweet. A lot more melodic.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  And what progression is that?
                  Listen to few of their songs. They have some goods ones but you can pick out the same almost identical sound in parts of their music. Hard to explain unless you have are looking for it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    no
                    Meeeh its all fast pace singing and yelling. One line i herd back in the day was " i took her to disney land and there were no lines" i remember my friend saying "oh damn thats so punk" lol i wanted to slap him

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      Today's pop blows..in case you weren't aware. And Green Day isn't pop, they are punk.
                      they were punk, who knows what to call them now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Moke View Post
                        I actually like punk music. I categorize Blink 182 as punk music, well their old stuff. Their new stuff is actually pretty sweet. A lot more melodic.
                        Leftover Crack, Bad Brains, REAL punk.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
                          Meeeh its all fast pace singing and yelling. One line i herd back in the day was " i took her to disney land and there were no lines" i remember my friend saying "oh damn thats so punk" lol i wanted to slap him
                          Well not all of it. I guess it depends on your taste of music however.
                          Mood: WOOF!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                            Listen to few of their songs. They have some goods ones but you can pick out the same almost identical sound in parts of their music. Hard to explain unless you have are looking for it.
                            Well the same can be said for almost any Blues band. Each key only has a handful of chords in that key. There are obviously lots of variations, but there are only so many keys.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
                              they were punk, who knows what to call them now.
                              pro lib rock......

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rusty192 View Post
                                Listen to few of their songs. They have some goods ones but you can pick out the same almost identical sound in parts of their music. Hard to explain unless you have are looking for it.
                                Are you talking about Green Day?
                                Mood: WOOF!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X