X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DavenIII View Post
    I agree with Moke completely on this.

Honestly I don't think any type of school can teach discipline anyhow, I think discipline and work ethic are two things that can only come from parenting.
    I think it is innate, but I agree with you and Moke, a dress code and theology classes isn't going to drive anyone to succeed. Chaminade is an elitist private school, and you can get an equivalent education in some public schools(especially around the RVC district where a lot of these kids come from).

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
      You don't want her to go through the things you had to go through.
      The problem is that in most cases that's what they have to do, they need to learn things the hard way otherwise they don't become a complete person, being a parent is going to SUCK.

you KNOW what the kid/sibling is doing wrong, you know how to solve the problem, but telling them doesn't help because they aren't going to listen and then you have to watch them do the same stupid things you did and deal with many of the same stupid consequences you did.

I suppose the best thing you can do is warn them over and over, prove to them that you are right on all the small things so when the big things come along they know to trust your judgment.

looking back on my teenage years my mother and father were right soooo many times and I just ignored them, I was a big idiot.
      Last edited by DavenIII; 02-27-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattMeyerBud View Post
        false
        whatupp brrrrr

Comment

• Originally posted by dezzzR View Post
          Well, youre wrong man. A kid that goes to catholic school has a better shot at getting into a good college and being successful than someone going to public school. How exactly is it sheltered? They still go home at the end of the day, its not boarding school. its got nothing to do with religion, i dont like the church either.
          youre just mad cuz i questioned your schooling! =P
          Oderint Dum Metuant

It's too bad, I'm too good....

Comment

• Originally posted by Moke View Post
            Catholic school might be more disciplined, but it doesn't teach you discipline at all.
            i went to catholic school, we got away with murder. Def not more disciplined...

its a case by case situation
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheeBloodSport/

Comment

Well, youre wrong man. A kid that goes to catholic school has a better shot at getting into a good college and being successful than someone going to public school. How exactly is it sheltered? They still go home at the end of the day, its not boarding school. its got nothing to do with religion, i dont like the church either.
              That is not true.
              Mood: WOOF!

Comment

whatupp brrrrr
                ****in tired man...

**** never ends. I finally got free time on my breaks so i am enjoying thee thread again

Comment

• Originally posted by ShakeandBake View Post
                  I think it is innate, but I agree with you and Moke, a dress code and theology classes isn't going to drive anyone to succeed. Chaminade is an elitist private school, and you can get an equivalent education in some public schools(especially around the RVC district where a lot of these kids come from).
                  Then why do most of their kids get accepted to havard and yale and all those colleges?

Comment

Then why do most of their kids get accepted to havard and yale and all those colleges?
                    because elitist *******s, LOVE other elitist *******s.

As a republican, I know youre oblivious to some of these thigns you just assume are normal, lmao
                    Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

you can't generalize... the top catholic schools are obviously better, but the average ones aren/t

my HS is the perfect example. St. Mary's in Rutherford then compare that to Rutherford High which is considered one of the best HS's in the state. Colleges def gave more credit to the public school

Comment

• im jsut messing with you Dezz

I mean, I still disagree with you, but i'm just ****in with ya
                        Oderint Dum Metuant

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

As a republican, I know youre oblivious to some of these thigns you just assume are normal, lmao
                          zing

Comment

• Private schools teach the same things, they are just smaller, and expensive.
                            Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• in reese we trust saying that the Alex Smith to KC deal is nearly done....

which may open up to the 9ers trading for Revis since they have 15 picks in the draft...

yikes

Comment

• Originally posted by JPizzack View Post

Those schools are run by the liberal elite pizzle nice try.

Comment

Working...
                                X